It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Right's Emerging Deadly Worldview: Kill Muslims to Purify the Earth

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Christian Right's Emerging Deadly Worldview: Kill Muslims to Purify the Earth

www.alternet.org

Shoebat, who has written a book called Why We Want to Kill You, promises in his lectures to explain the numerous similarities between radical Muslims and the Nazis, how "Muslim terrorists" invaded America 30 years ago and how "perseverance, recruitment and hate" have fueled attacks by Muslims.

These men are frauds, but this is not the point. They are part of a dark and frightening war by the Christian right against tolerance that, in the moment of another catastrophic terrorist attack on American soil, would make it acceptable to target and persecute all Muslims, including the some 6 million Muslims who live in the United States. These men stoke these irrational fears. They defend the perpetual war unleashed by the Bush administration and championed by Sen. John McCain. McCain frequently reminds listeners that "the greatest danger facing the world is Islamic terrorism," as does Mike Huckabee, who says that "Islamofascism" is "the greatest threat this country [has] ever faced." George W. Bush has, in the same vein, assured Americans that terrorists hate us for our freedoms, not, of course, for anything we have done.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
It seems that extremists also exist in the "christian" world.

The casual advocacy of violence and hate filled propaganda needs to stop - from both sides.

But while it is in bushes interests for this to continue, doubtless that is what will happen.

This kind of thing sickens me - an extremist is an extremist, regardless of whose "side" they are on.

www.alternet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Extremists sicken me, as do relativists- comparing the two sets of "etremists" in this instance is like equating a shoflifter with a paedophile

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

Extremists sicken me, as do relativists- comparing the two sets of "etremists" in this instance is like equating a shoflifter with a paedophile

So you don't think that a christian group calling for the deaths of muslims is anywhere near as extreme as muslims calling for the deaths of non-muslims?

mmmm 'K

sty

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

i guess it is the same mentality, indeed.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski

So you don't think that a christian group calling for the deaths of muslims is anywhere near as extreme as muslims calling for the deaths of non-muslims?

mmmm 'K

No, all extremists I categorise the same, including this individual, it still does not make any sane comparison with the extent of Islamist extremism around the world- for every abortion doctor bombed every 5 years in the US I give you thousands killed in Islamist attacks in Sudan, Iraq, Pakistan, Nigeria etc etc

[edit on 12-2-2008 by blueorder]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
as for "christian right", this is a silly use of the term "right", I would be classed as "right" wing for wanting sensible policies on taxation, immigration, law and order etc- it does not make me wish to murder someone because they believe in the Koran

There is nothing wrong with being "right wing", in fact the word "left" wing should be used with more contempt as the post 1968 generation inflict their ideas to debase the modern world

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

If I might say so, perhaps a little research is in order.

I had little difficulty in finding any number of extremist christian groups, many of them with ties to racist organisations.

A lower level of intensity does not mean they are any less culpable.

Or is it the term right wing which has got your goat?

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski
If I might say so, perhaps a little research is in order.

I have, and recommend you do so

I had little difficulty in finding any number of extremist christian groups, many of them with ties to racist organisations.

you really want a "stat off"?

A lower level of intensity does not mean they are any less culpable.

this individual is as idiotic/disgusting as someone calling for a beheading over cartoons- the point being the former is indescribably rare in comparison with the latter
(or perhaps I missed all those online videos of the Salvation Army and kumbaya brigade beheading muslims while strumming "JESUS LOVES YOU" on their guitars)

Or is it the term right wing which has got your goat?

separate issue I would say

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Rigid and inflexible world views cannot tolerate other world views even if they are equally rigid and inflexible.

There is an irony in this... because if you really read the teachings of Christ and Muhammad, they are miles away from this sort of fanatism.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   

as for "christian right", this is a silly use of the term "right"

In keeping with the silly tagging and name calling by those who perpetuate the hate, perhaps we should refer to them as "JudeoChristianFascists"

After all, it makes about as much sense as the "Islamofascist" tag but sounds good

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Most certainly yes... it's not about what they want to do and how, but that they want to do it at all. In my view Christians of any sort are the most dangerous to humanity today.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I also believe that christianity is the most dangerous
thing in our world.
the christian movement have killed more people
than any other religion through out history.

apc

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Not really. Both enslave people. Only difference is if you defy the masters, one will cut your head off and the other will put you in prison... but they'd like to cut your head off.

It appears there's a competition between the two warring extremes over who can be most like the Nazis without anyone noticing. Seems to me they've both lost.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
We in Britain have little comprehension of Christian extremists as they are almost non-existent over here.
The few organisations here are very poorly supported and are not very vocal in preaching their brand of bigotry.

It seems to be a different story across the pond and there seems to be a growing movement of Christian extremism in certain areas of the US.

Indeed, some of the opinions expressed by so called Christians on ATS can only be described as outdated at best and downright evil at worst. (Fortunately only by a minority).
I honestly thought that Christianity of this kind had been left behind in the past.

As a confirmed agnostic I recognise that bigotry is bigotry, irrelevant of the perpetrator.
As such calls to kill all Muslims is no less evil than calls from Muslim extremists to kill all kaffirs.

The alleged growth in Christian extremism maybe a reaction to the continued march and growth of Islamic fundamentalism which I believe to be the single biggest threat to world peace today.

Further proof that organised religion is the bane of mankind and continues to be the most restraining force in our development as a species.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
gee I am conservative and christian. I have no desire for the death of anyone even those that do me injustice. There are more like me than the hatemongers listed above. While I am opposed to many things I have no desire to see others destroyed either for believing in another religion, sexual orientation and others. It is one thing to say I oppose this view or lifestyle, it is another to want these people dead. Christ taught to love all, even your enemies. In fact he said to pray for them. There are many here that I disagree with. None that I would wish any ill to. Please do not think that we are all haters.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy

In keeping with the silly tagging and name calling by those who perpetuate the hate, perhaps we should refer to them as "JudeoChristianFascists"

After all, it makes about as much sense as the "Islamofascist" tag but sounds good

erm no it doesn't, right wing is not an extremist standpoint, fascist is

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
We in Britain have little comprehension of Christian extremists as they are almost non-existent over here.
The few organisations here are very poorly supported and are not very vocal in preaching their brand of bigotry.

It seems to be a different story across the pond and there seems to be a growing movement of Christian extremism in certain areas of the US.

Indeed, some of the opinions expressed by so called Christians on ATS can only be described as outdated at best and downright evil at worst. (Fortunately only by a minority).
I honestly thought that Christianity of this kind had been left behind in the past.

As a confirmed agnostic I recognise that bigotry is bigotry, irrelevant of the perpetrator.
As such calls to kill all Muslims is no less evil than calls from Muslim extremists to kill all kaffirs.

The alleged growth in Christian extremism maybe a reaction to the continued march and growth of Islamic fundamentalism which I believe to be the single biggest threat to world peace today.

Further proof that organised religion is the bane of mankind and continues to be the most restraining force in our development as a species.

I still cannot equate the kind of Christian "fanatacism" you see in the US with that of the islamists across the world (Sudan, Iraq, Egypt, Nigeria, Somalia etc etc)

For example, I read a book by a gay american dude recently (Name escapes me, will check at home) anyways, he used to view the world in a similar view, and left America to live in Europe to avoid "narrow minded" christians- he ended up living near a large Muslim area in Holland- this changed his worldview.

He said some of the views of the American christian fanatics were indeed repugnant to him, but he said at least they were just views and the worst they would do is placards about the damnation of the soul- at the hands of the muslims he would have to suffer potential attacks (as he frequently was) and even death

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by reluctantpawn

The exact same thing can be said about the vast majority of Muslims as well... but to listen to the extremists (from both camps, Christian and Muslim) tell it, ya would never know it. Sad but true.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maya432
I also believe that christianity is the most dangerous
thing in our world.
the christian movement have killed more people
than any other religion through out history.

utter tosh, total bs

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join