It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secrets of the Great Seal revealed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
At least according to the Govt it is

Source Page

WASHINGTON — Conspiracy theorists take note: The myths surrounding one of America's oldest and most enduring national symbols are about to be debunked ... if you believe the government, that is.

The keepers of the Great Seal of the United States, the emblem on the back of the US$1 bill, want you to know what it is not. It is not a sign that Freemasons run the country, it has nothing to do with the occult, and it does not contain clues to a fabulous hidden treasure.

It is rather the nation's stamp of authority, sovereignty and power, gracing cash and embossing the most important of documents from its home at the State Department, which has held it since the days of Thomas Jefferson, the first secretary of state.

Not that the Seal's symbols — the all-seeing eye, the unfinished pyramid, the Latin phrases, the bald eagle clutching an olive branch and arrows and the number 13 — aren't powerful.

They are, historians say. Yet their meanings have been misidentified, misunderstood and misrepresented almost since the Continental Congress first commissioned the Seal in 1776.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Ah, well at least now we know that movie with Nicolas Cage was fake. Thank you government!

Seriously, it could be the truth. More likely to me is that the seal was meant to represent everything 'we' (being the conspiracy theorists at ATS) think it does, but that it has lost it's meaning over time. Now it's just a nice symbol I think

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Well I have ventured into a masonic lodge a few times and on display I have seen a few eyes that were very similar to the one on the dollar. If memory serves me right, Benjamin Franklin had a to do with the eye and he was a freemason. Also I think i remember seeing the actual eye with the pyramid somewhere in the place.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by corey1337
Well I have ventured into a masonic lodge a few times and on display I have seen a few eyes that were very similar to the one on the dollar. If memory serves me right, Benjamin Franklin had a to do with the eye and he was a freemason. Also I think i remember seeing the actual eye with the pyramid somewhere in the place.

The same "eye" exists in many cultures, and in many different parts of the world. There are many eyes that are 'very similar' if you look hard enough, squint right, or are looking for a conspiracy.

Benjamin Franklin did not have 'to do with the eye,' but he was indeed a Freemason, and he was a member of the first Design Committee for the Great Seal. There were three committees.

Ben's proposal for the Seal was "Moses standing on the Shore, and extending his Hand over the Sea, thereby causing the same to overwhelm Pharaoh who is sitting in an open Chariot, a Crown on his Head and a Sword in his Hand. Rays from a Pillar of Fire in the Clouds reaching to Moses, to express that he acts by Command of the Deity."

The artist for the First Committee - Du Simitière - wasn't a Mason.

Your pal,
Meat.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
The search function on this subject should bring up a whole bunch of threads concerning this very topic. I have written about it myself several times. The historic documentation about the commision to develop the Seal is all verifiable. Good hunting.

new topics

top topics

join