It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The government lied to us...and they should have

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   

FEMA's response to Katrina was intentionally restrained. They wanted that city destroyed and the poor blacks pushed out. This Governent are Masters of having plans on their board that they can impliment when the opportunity presents itself.

My main point on the ABOVEPOLITICS show (not the ATS Mix) was how New Orleans was and has been the main focus. You have proven my point.
The destruction in Mississippi, my home, was far worse than anything New Orleans faced...far worse! The flooding in New Orleans was horrible, yes, but it was not the only place FEMA was needed...not by a long shot.
There is a difference between "restraining" aide and having limited resources and aide workers.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
We have the right to know if a terrorist group did it because then we know the real risk of flying.
Even if theres a 0.001% chance of a plane being blown up by terrorists, thats something we should know so we can make an informed decision about the risks were willing to take.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by josephine
We have the right to know if a terrorist group did it because then we know the real risk of flying.
Even if theres a 0.001% chance of a plane being blown up by terrorists, thats something we should know so we can make an informed decision about the risks were willing to take.

I understand your point. I do...it is how I felt for a very long time.
My original idea, was that a similar attack did not happen. There was no harm done outside of the initial act. whether is was an accident by the navy or terrorists...it became a dead point because the government did the right thing in not saying anything. It didn't happen again.
Am I saying we should be lied to, at every chance? of course not, but what I am saying...is on this specific instance...they made the right call.
People (I am not saying you) then,right away, point to 9-11 and say another attack did occur. 9-11 was an entirely new form of attack and what happened to the TWA flight has no relation to it.
One of the problems, is many of the people who say we should be told are the same people who believe 9-11 was planned by some evil wishing shadow government. On one hand they say if we were warned about the TWA flight we could have prevented 9-11, but then they also say 9-11 was an inside job.
It can't go both ways.
If a person believes a warning or disclosure about what happened to the TWA flight would have any influence on what happened on 9-11, they exclude the idea it was a government conspiracy.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by _Johnny_Utah_

Well, JU, I think some people want the truth about Flight 800 just because they hate lies. Which is the same reason a lot want the truth about 9/11.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

If a person believes a warning or disclosure about what happened to the TWA flight would have any influence on what happened on 9-11, they exclude the idea it was a government conspiracy.

This is an example of flawed logic, and a far stretch to try to discredit the idea that there may have been domestic complicity in the 9/11 attacks.

If Flight 800 was a terrorist act, and the people in the WTC had known this, they would more than likely have decided to leave the Towers after the initial strike. Instead, they did not have all the facts and it cost them their lives.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   

TWA 800 blew up because the central fuel tank overheated (due to being on the tarmac for 2.5 hours, with the A/C underneath it), and the fuel vapour inside was at the right air/fuel mix to ignite. The "missile" the people saw was the fuselage of the plane climbing rapidly after the nose section was blown off by the explosion - the planes mass was reduced massively, and all 4 engines were still operating (running from the fuel in the wings).

Covering up an accident that killed 230 people is a disgusting idea, simply because whatever happened had to be ensured to never happen again. If it was a Vincennes-type accidental downing, or as the NTSB (and all the evidence points to) a catastrophic failure, then the industry can learn a lot about it, and do what it can to ensure it never happens again.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join