It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The government lied to us...and they should have

page: 1/
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Some people seem to forget there is a BIG difference between a “cover-up” and a “conspiracy.” Now a conspiracy may and most often does involve a cover-up, but the reverse does not always have to apply.
With that in mind, I am starting to lean towards the idea that a “cover-up” from the government is not an entirely evil or wrong thing.
How can I say that?
Back in 1996 (I know, that’s a long long time ago), TWA Flight 800, blew up of the eastern coast of the US. The official story from the government had something to with malfunctioning wiring or static electricity…some freak accident…whatever.
Over 100 people saw two missile-like objects that raced towards the plane just before it blew up. From there the theories started flying…the navy shot it down by accident since they were having secret exercises in the area that night…Arab terrorists fired Stinger missiles at it…a bomb blew up on board….I’m sure there were others.
When you look at it…what good does it do to anyone to know if an Arab terrorist group shot the plane down or if the Navy did?
Sure, sure, the families of the victims deserve to know the truth… but what about the rest of us? Just think how it could have shut the nation’s economy down to know terrorists were able to shoot a passenger jet down off the coast of the US…if they could do it there….they could do it over Alabama or Kansas…there would be a panic.
What if the leaders don’t know who did it? Isn’t that an even worse thing to say?
Here is my question…Since it was a one time event, is it not better to have the country believe that the tragedy of Flight 800 was an accident even if it wasn’t? Why worry about something which we have no control over?
As much as I hate to say it, I think they did the right thing on this one…maybe?

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Sounds like you are trying to balancethe right to know versus the need to achieve national security. Is that what you're aiming at?

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
National security...yes. Economic security as well...it is the twin (siamese even)sister to national security

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Okay. Sell me. What differentiates my need to know versus your need to keep me in the dark?

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
And why wouldn't they just tell us 9/11 was an accident. I mean after all, I don't belive what they told us about 9/11 anyway.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Was it right to MURDER 2000 people on 911?

UMMM YES DAMMIT!!!!!!

Are you forgetting innocent lives were taken from their families?

WAKE THE EXPLOITIVE UP!!!!!

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I don't know that you and I have a true "need" to know...
People may want to know and want to know very badly. And it isn't a need to keep people in the dark either, really...it is a biproduct or a result in not sharing every detail when there is no way to affect anything.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Government can do whatever they want and wish, there is nothing to do, you are powerless.

So go do whatever you want, as long as you don't protest against the government or do anything that gov't doesn't like.

[edit on 12-2-2008 by TheoOne]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
9-11 is a whole seperate issue...two of the largest buildings in the world came down. You can't hide or cover that up

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
It MAY be a seperate issue. But if terrorists really did shoot down Flight 800, then maybe the gov't has a some legitimacy behind 9/11 after all.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
The idea that 9-11 was an inside job is an insult.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I think there is a lot more evidence to suggest that there are facts being covered-up and that the truth is being deliberately obfuscated, as opposed facts supporting the official explanation. Even findings of the 9/11 Comission have been proven to be inaccurate or simply wrong.

And the same may be true for the Flight 800.

[edit on 2/12/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Johnny_Utah_
The idea that 9-11 was an inside job is an insult.

Are these people insulting or just crazy?

www.patriotsquestion911.com...

I don't pay taxes to buy lies.

[edit on 12-2-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
The whole conspiracy behind 9-11 wasn't where I had meant to go with this...but it seems every four or five posts I see in ATS is about it. I guess they picture George Bush sitting in some pentangular office drooling over plans for world domination...okay, but yet at the same time they are the people who call him a fool and an idot.
even Bill Clinton of all people said it was ridiculous and a shame that people think it was an inside job (I don't have the quote, but i did see it on liveleak awhile back).
My point in the start, was that I think they made a good call on this one. Things happen in the world everyday that would make soil our pants if we found out the truth behind them.
maybe it's better not to know...

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by _Johnny_Utah_

You're not going to find many people here who are content to be sheeple. It is NEVER in the interests of the people to be lied to. I can handle the truth even if you can't.

As far as Bush goes, I don't think he is the mastermind of world domination. Maybe Cheney, but not Bush.
But seriously though. You have to understand that Bush's place in the NWO agenda is not to become the dictator himself, but to prepare the place for the coming Supreme Overlord of the NWO. Bush has not used the Patriot Act really, because it was only his job to get it in for someon else to use when the time is right.

As far as Bill Clinton goes, he is in on it all too, so I don't trust a thing he says about 9/11. He has been "adopted" by the Bush family whom he is very close with, even in public, up until Hillary started her run for President. Keep in mind that Bill is a Bilderberger, and it is strongly suspected that Hillary has been to at least two or three meeting now.

The two-party system is a sham. It was never more obvious than when two fellow Bonesman ran against eachother, and Kerry almost accidentally won the election.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Johnny_Utah_

even Bill Clinton of all people said it was ridiculous and a shame that people think it was an inside job

Even Bill, lol.
He is part of the scheme, just as Hillary.
They along with Pataki for that matter have all attended the recent Bilderberg meeting in Canada.

There is a lot of information on what really happened. You have to open your eyes a little and the rest will follow. Trust me, I know its hard, I speak from experience, I use to love Bush. Theres a lot more to it then just Bush. Theres a real huge picture to look at, but you need lots of info and it is quite disheartening to say the least..

One piece of advice, and I`m not trying to mock you in any way, we need you, trust me. Watch End Game by Alex Jones its on the front page of ATS. From there you will find lots of info to look up on the threads here or on the internet in general.
Please, take that first step.
I love you man!!

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
reply to post by _Johnny_Utah_

As far as Bill Clinton goes, he is in on it all too, so I don't trust a thing he says about 9/11. He has been "adopted" by the Bush family whom he is very close with, even in public, up until Hillary started her run for President. Keep in mind that Bill is a Bilderberger, and it is strongly suspected that Hillary has been to at least two or three meeting now.

Its obvious,
"Great minds think alike" (even simultaneously) lol

Great post

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by csulli456

I concur. Endgame is an excellent piece. It is understandable and clear enough to be a good introduction to the realm of CT/NWO, yet has enough information to be regarded as useful and thought-provoking even for the intermediate audience.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

I couldn`t have articulated what you said any more eloquently.

Theres a lot of information out there, no doubt. You just have to want it. I admit its real hard to accept and down right scary, but we need to stick together so that we are not turned upon each other.

I just want to add, to everyone, that we need to remember that we need each others support to get through this and we shouldn`t chase anyone away (I`ve seen that happen in a lot of threads). A lot of us have had tendencies to want to make the misinformed look like fools instead of taking them by the hand and politely pointing out the facts and showing the proof. If we are to succeed in conquering all that is evil, we all need to share the knowledge and abolish the ignorance . The ones who don`t believe are just as good people as any, but corrupted by daily lives of lies to which they know nothing of. I for one can now see the light, and that mutha is BRIGHT!

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by csulli456

Good point.

I would like to apologize to Johnny Utah if I came off a bit overbearing.

Some of us take our CT's a little too seriously at times, like at two o'clock in the morning after a bad day.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join