It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychic Vampires...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Are there any accurate sites void of superstition that can give me solid info on this energy stealing phenomena? i wish to study this further without tags such as "vampire" and especially without the view that all vampires are evil and wear all black and just generally without any of the stereotypes

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Kirlian Photography

One of the most disputed studies was actually funded by the US Army. During this study, scientist Joe Slate took Kirlian Photographs of the fingertips of both people claiming to be psychic vampires and those identified as their victims. Once the photographs were developed they showed the "vampire's" auras to be large and fiery red, while those of their "victims" were smaller and mellow blue.

Of course, wikipedia is not the best of references, as probably just anyone could've wrote above quote without any actual back up for his story. However, if this study was made, it would be interesting to read at least.

I have a friend that knew/knows physic vamps - and I've learned to take his word about certain things... To him they were very real. I have never met one by myself, but I reckon that anyone could be psi vamp if one learns the way
But I believe that if this phenomena is real, they(psi-vamps) do more harm than good to themselves by stealing life force.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by HuntaXX
Are there any accurate sites void of superstition that can give me solid info on this energy stealing phenomena? i wish to study this further without tags such as "vampire" and especially without the view that all vampires are evil and wear all black and just generally without any of the stereotypes

Well I think I can help you out with this...

Christians refer to this "energy" as GOD...

Monks and Martial Artists refer to this energy as CHI flow...

Vampires refer to this energy as "our life force"...

If you ask me, it's all one and the same! Just under different names! I personally through the study of martial arts have limited ability to "mess with" other people energy flow and chakras... I can knock an opponent off balance or cause them to feel ill with out knowing why! I have never tried to drain somebody of their energy in an effort to increase my energy, however I have attempted to do the opposite.. I have attempted to flow my energy through somebody in an effort to push "sick energy" out of them... (before anybody tries to correct my on my usage of "sick energy" I was simply using that expression to keep this simple for the sake of this conversation!

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I have heard a fair bit about this phomenon, and as someone else stated, they are written about in the Satanic Bible (LeVeyan Satanism in particular if I recall correctly) and have heard some very interesting stories about this;

I remember reading about a woman who unwittingly performed this act of leeching off the energy of others, and she claimed that until she realised she was doing this and stopped temporarily, she had never been ill in her life.

When she realised that she was stealing this energy, she decided to stop, which at the time made her incredibly ill. She claimed that she found a partner who would consent to this process, and as soon as she began to perform this act again, she was cured of her ailments.

It is an interesting 'spin' on the vampire mythology, and it is certainly more plausible than the old "I vant to suck your blooood!" Dracula-esque vampirism.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953
reply to post by NephraTari

Very interesting, I hadn't thought about it before but I believe you are on to something. I have empathic tendencies, and subsequently have a tendency to inadvertently graze off of the energies of others. I'm going to be thinking about this now.

Yes it sounds as if we may be in the same situation. Here is an example. I went in to see my doctor and she ran my normal tests for my blood. hemoglobin among them.. It was less than 6! She was stunned that I was able to be up and around with it as low as it was and refused to let me leave without being admitted into the hospital and given a blood transfusion. Incidently I look much paler than I should most of the time for this very reason. But on the day in question when apparently I was supposed to be in seriously bad shape.. I felt fine and had felt fine and normal for the time leading up to that as well. My doctor said I should have been so tired that just the smallest bit of exertion would make me feel drained.. however that was no where near the case.

Incidently I dont seem to drain anything from my children either.. They all have the same over abundance of energy they always have had.. for some reason my husband is the only one affected by me. I will have to look into some ways to help him guard against it because he needs his energy too!

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Thank you for the information v01i0 and sparda

Would there be a way to drain this energy from the surrounding environment and convert it over to a more suitable type instead of having to drain it off of others? ive suspected for several years i may have a damaged chakra that doesn't produce enough energy and ive regularly been to the doctor but they still cannot figure out why im so tired all the time and ive noticed that the less im around people the worse i seem to feel even though at this point in my life im mainly concerned with keeping to myself and studying. ive done some basic energy work such as shielding but since i havnt opened my third eye yet i still cannot see the energy i work with so i havnt been inclined to practice much. i really dont want to dabble in anything that interferes with other peoples energy so what other options are available to me?

[edit on 13-2-2008 by HuntaXX]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Very interesting, I hadn't thought about it before but I believe you are on to something. I have empathic tendencies, and subsequently have a tendency to inadvertently graze off of the energies of others. Which is why for a while I spent nearly all my time in crowded public places. Not only to feel the emotions of everyone in the vicinity but also to gain some of that energy. I have since become more of a homebody, and my wife who was once energetic, independent, and strong willed, has become just the opposite. It doesn't seem to affect my daughter, but then she seems to have similar abilities to myself..... I'm going to be thinking about this now.

Interesting, I'm exactly the opposite. I'm very empathic, but rather than preferring to be in crowded places, I prefer to stay away from them. If I'm in a crowded place, the energy/feelings that I'm getting from everyone else are hard for my system to sort out, and if I stay there long, I'll get very edgy, and after that point, I start getting tired. Feeling the feelings/energy of people can be a good thing, as it can be helpful. But too much at one time is overwhelming. Perhaps that is the difference between those who are and aren't psychic vampires? I don't know. Just a thought.

And something unrelated to the quote:

I definitely believe they're real. I remember an incident when I was in high school. Normally, I did okay, and got good grades, but one year, there was this class where I didn't do so well. I did fine in my other classes, but the problem in this particular class was that when I was in it, I felt so incredibly drained of energy. This happened every single day in this class, to the point that the teacher called my parents out of concern and I ended up going to a doctor. They did a checkup, and made sure I didn't have mono or anything, and I didn't. In fact, they didn't know what was wrong with me.

I did not suffer any of this in any of my other classes, and as soon as that year was over and I was no longer in that class, I never had that problem again. Sure, I'd get tired sometimes, but never, ever like that.

And to this day, I believe there was someone in that class who was draining me of energy. Have no idea who, but yeah. That, and the fact that it does not seem like something impossible, are why I believe psi vamps exist.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Thank you for the information v01i0 and sparda

Would there be a way to drain this energy from the surrounding environment and convert it over to a more suitable type instead of having to drain it off of others?

[edit on 13-2-2008 by HuntaXX]

Yes... You can gain energy from your environment! My sister for example lives in Arizona and when she starts to get drained mentally and physically from work and life she heads off to the mountains... She actually handles rocks and surrounds herself with nature and draws this energy in to replenish herself! The same energy that flows through us... flows through everything that exists on this planet! Even things that most people wouldn't consider "alive" like a rock!

Do yourself a favor, for a day get away from all the "energy draining" substances like florescent lights and electronics, go off into nature wherever you can find it, and absorb!!!

Let me know how you feel when you are done!

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Your trip to the doctor certainly was an interesting one. I realize now that to a certain extent I am a psychic vampire. It's inadvertent, and I don't mean to do it, but I realize looking back at my life that I always have skimmed off of the top of other people's energy. Glad to see that we are in similar situations even if the situation isn't ideal.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MinHawk

Well, about eight years ago I could fully control my empathic abilities almost to the point of being able to read minds, but I had an incident with a spirit in an abandoned house and since have been unable to control my abilities, and most of the time they are seemingly barely present. I still tend to pull energies from others but as far as being able to read others, it is now very limited.

I actually have a thread about my personal situation... luckily some of my abilities have returned since I started that thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 13-2-2008 by Osiris1953]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by HuntaXX

Originally posted by sparda4355
Yes... You can gain energy from your environment!

Yep, just as sparda told you.. and furthermore you can try reading Carlos Castaneda's Journey to Ixtlan. I think there Castaneda learns from indian called Don Juan, how to regain energy from nature. I think even if we don't believe in this actual energy thing, meditating in nature is one of the best ways to calm down and gain spiritual balance.

[edit]
It just occurred to me - just like someone above had said - that there are many psivamps that doesn't know they are, and therefore in city environments where there are little of nature left, people are forced to drain energy from another?
[/edit]

[edit on 14-2-2008 by v01i0]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Well, about eight years ago I could fully control my empathic abilities almost to the point of being able to read minds,
I still tend to pull energies from others but as far as being able to read others, it is now very limited.

[edit on 13-2-2008 by Osiris1953]
Yes we certainly do seem to be quite alike. I have the same trouble. I used to be so telepathic that I could not only pull thoughts out of other peoples minds but I could put suggestions in theirs as well. Once I realized I was doing it however I willfully stopped and shut myself OFF so to speak to it. Now it only happens when it forces itself on me. which is much less frequently than when I was young.

[edit on 14-2-2008 by NephraTari]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
v01i0: that looks like a very interesting book ill have to track down a copy of it. thanks for pointing it out to me

Sparda: ever since ive been feeling drained ive learned to listen to my body to tell me what its needing and have discovered for myself the healing power of just eating the right food to relieve symptoms but even on a near perfect diet i still feel drained most of the time even though changing my diet seems to have relieved some of the other symptoms. but oddly enough my body has been urging me to go out into nature and sort of renew myself for the last several months and i found that odd because ive always disliked the outdoors so you may be on to something there. im going to give it a try as soon as i have the money saved for a nice holiday. and for some reason my body seems to be urging me to go to a point of power with the closest well known one one being ayers rock and that feeling has led me to learn about leylines so what you said sort of confirmed some of the suspicions ive been having. would it be dangerous to absorb energy from one of those places? is my body just so starved of this needed energy that its asking for more than it needs and im safest just going to a normal natural place to renew? would it solve the problem long term and is there a better name for it than vampirism?

EDIT- should add that i also had problems similar to NephraTari a year or so back. i think i opened myself up to it too much and it got out of control and since then ive sort of had it closed off but since it either seemed to happen by itself or happened all the time (when i opened myself up too much) ive been unable to keep it closed off and effectively turn it on when needed. any tips on controlling it? ive tried using shielding and giving permission for it to go through but it doesnt work as well as i would like

[edit on 14-2-2008 by HuntaXX]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   

v01i0: that looks like a very interesting book ill have to track down a copy of it. thanks for pointing it out to me

im going to give it a try as soon as i have the money saved for a nice holiday. and for some reason my body seems to be urging me to go to a point of power with the closest well known one one being ayers rock and that feeling has led me to learn about leylines so what you said sort of confirmed some of the suspicions ive been having. would it be dangerous to absorb energy from one of those places? is my body just so starved of this needed energy that its asking for more than it needs and im safest just going to a normal natural place to renew?

Several things... For one, that sounds like a GREAT place to obsorb... however I feel as though you have already stated that you are in need of this energy and I don't think you should wait so long before you attempt some simple nature areas! Do both, go to like a public park or forest walk or something soon to make yourself feel better and no I don't think it will be a long term fix, the more you enjoy the heeling benefits of nature the more your body will crave it! We should all do it as often as possible or as often as necessary!

I think you may find that some areas will have negative energy, but it won't be difficult even for somebody with little to no experience in this process to figure out! If it makes you feel good, it's probably good, and if it makes you feel uncomfortable, it probably isn't a good area! In my opinion if negative energy exists something tragic has probably taken place there and there is stale negative energy remaining! Maybe a death, rape, or satanic ritual of some sort? Just my own speculation though!

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I can try going to the closest thing i can find in the city i suppose. ive never been a big fan of the outdoors though because over here the weather is very hot and you can get sunburnt in 20 mins if your not in the shade. plus all the insects here are larger and more common and its impossible to just lay down on the grass without getting chomped on by green ants. ill try to find a nice shady spot with a bench and see how i go. thanks for the tips everyone

EDIT- growing up in the country i was always hyperactive if anything and since ive moved to the city ive had less and less energy as the years go by so the more i think about it the more it makes sense

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Those people who stare off into space while eating food are physic vampires.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
What are you basing that on? little more info please

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I was told by a wiccan shamman that i am a psychic vampire...
All the hings sghe said they do, i do. It was kinda wierd how she pinpointed certain points of my life..
Its not like i do it on purpose. She says I suck the energy outta many things, thats why in large masses of people, i get very overwhelmed, liek im feeling every emotion at the same time, always have lots of energy when everyone else is around, and none when there is no one, plus people get very sleepy when im trying to talk with them. There are other things as well. But, its not an evil thing at all. Not like i went to a cult and made myself like this..
Or maybe its all just a sham, and nothing more than coincidences..

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I dont think this affliction should be tied in with the old superstition of vampires or evil at all. in fact i think it needs a new name, any suggestions?

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
afliction? i think not, its nothing negative. only if the person is negative

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join