It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John titor could have been right.- civil unrest?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
So picture this , Obama is about to take his presidency, or about to win the election. then as specualted by many current threads... he gets assisinated.

The masses go mad, the people faced with their valuable vote once possibly once again being abused , and a civil uprising occurs in 2008.

Know i know titor said that each time he travels he visit's a history 1% different than his own (even tho he claimed he could get back to his exact time)

What if this 1% difference means the uprising starts in 2008 ? juts 3-4 years after he predicted.

I mean with causality, the slightest difference has a massive knock on effect, effecting countless things, how do we not know the 4 year delay could be our universes 1% change , or even the fact that Titor came to our universe and told us these things....could not this effect history, and the uprsing has merely been delayed?

I think an assasination attempt could really spark this kind of action if he landslides it.

So John Titor could have been telling the truth (although i am skeptical of his claims)

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I have a question.

When was the last time president got assassinated? JFK was last pres to be, right?

Thanks.

BTW, I doubt there'll be anything like civil war if Obama gets killed, except just another regular protests and such.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
You know, my husband and I were talking about this the other day.

That could very well happen and I believe that it will if anything happens to Obama.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
i pray not.
i remember the JFK, MLK,MalcolnX, RFK.
it was a very tense time......

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

lightning wont strike twice is that what your saying, i can think of a few candidates that would/could pull it off.

the above poster just listed 3 attempts on people , when on their deaths , the populace was extremely tense.

But Titor could have been telling the truth from his reality, i still think a 1% difference in a dimension could postpone something like this.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

Since you were not clear; are you stating that your logic is since it has been four decades since a president was assassinated, that one cannot be again?

Ok, let us look at history:

Presidents assassinated while in office:

Abraham Lincoln in 1865
James Garfield in 1881
William McKinley in 1901
John F. Kennedy in 1963

Hmm ... 16 years, 20 years, 62 years. Nope no pattern, and 45 years is within an established prior time period, which I admit means nothing, because an assassination attempt can be made at any time ...

Which leads me to, who had assassinations attempted on them?

Attempted Presidential assassinations:

Andrew Jackson in 1835
FDR in 1933
Truman in 1950
Gerald Ford in 1975
Ronald Reagan in 1981

Not to mention an attempt was made while the person was not in office, as this thread supposes:

Theodore Roosevelt in 1912 (after his term campaigning against Taft)

Wait a minute, that is a lot of attempts last century, no? (7, 2 successful) Ohhh, are you saying that there hasn't been an attempt this millenia, we are smarter and more sane. Ok, I see your point. Violence has been near eliminated since we turned over to the 21st century

Thanks for playing. No cigar, but a consolation prize of a pat on the back for expressing your opinions and ideas.

BTW, expect quite a ruckus if anything happens to the first black man or first woman to be elected to either P/VP position. Lots of protests, lots of inquiries, lots of distrust. I don't think it would be pretty. Revolutionary? Doubtful.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
first off jt never said any thing about a prez being assinated,second all this abe talk is even too freaky for me its in the news every time i turn aroun and now this finatial crisis and the conflict over the surplus pakage hey john titor did say 2008 would be the year people are not living in the world they thought they were unemplyed any one

new topics

top topics

join