It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Christians always assume they're right?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
BTW... isn't the Sacrament a form of ritual cannibalism when we 'eat the flesh' and 'drink the blood' of Jesus?

Very well said Masqua. You make an extremely valid and relevant point.
As to the quote above...things get even stranger when you trace that particular ritual back.

- Lee

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by crudos

Sheesh, did you even read my last post?

Yes I did actually. I'm just trying to gain some insight to why some Christians think they are being overly persecuted compared to other groups and individuals. That's all. If you don't feel like answering, then fine. Truly not trying to p.o. you or anyone else in these forums. Gee whiz.

[edit on 12-2-2008 by crudos]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by yahn goodey

OK man!

Let me be the one who says this......

I invite everyone who wants to know why PEOPLE LIKE THIS GUY are so filled with hatred! Look at all his foes, look at all his comments, this guy is the reason I am not religious!

Please understand I am not bashing you!

I added you as a friend becuase you added me as a foe for no reason!

With a mentality like yours, NOTHING GOOD can from from it!

That is the cold hard truth you must see, otherwise you are lost, and I feel for you.

Please re-examine your life! You are kidding yourself!

Just look at his mood! That says everything!

Good luck my friend

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Damnalien, you call that a foe list?

look at mine.

Now THATS a foe list.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by WolfofWar

Holy foe list batman!!!!!

LOL

You put that guy to shame!

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by crudos

"And so it came to pass that the post was continued"

George Bush, despite a myriad of shortcomings and missteps, is criticized for being a Christian? Recent voice debates with friends have brought up the fact that Hucklebee is a Christian. Why does it matter? And, more sinister, I have heard quite a few of these debaters bringing up the issue that perhaps ministers should not be allowed to run for political office. A large part of this year's primary run was about religion! this side believes that, that side believes this, and none of it appeared to have been started by the politicians in question (OK, maybe Huckelberry said a couple things, but he's another whole thread). Why does it matter? Does a Christian have the same rights as an atheist, or not?

Did you know that the IRS can withdraw the tax exemption status of any church simply because it deems that the minister is taking a political stance? That exemption exists because churches are not profitable organizations. Their mission is to give as charity anything they can possibly give. So a charity is not a charity now, if it A) professes Christianity as it's religious basis, and B) allows people in it to express their views.

Recently here in Alabama, a judge order that Judge Roy Moore remove the Ten Commandments from the walls of his courthouse. Judge Moore refused, based on the fact that the plaque was a historic relic that had existed sinc`e the courthouse was built. He was removed from office, not by the people that elected him, but by the higher courts. At no time was there ever even an insuation that he had based any decision upon anything other than the law.

Recently I heard an interview with a Supreme Court Justice wherein he admitted that his decisions were based not just on United States law, but on foreign countries' laws and upon treaties that were only proposed and never ratified. I call this a double standard.

Recently the ACLU pushed to have the city of Las Cruces NM change their city seal. Why? Because in one quadrant of it, there is a small cross. The name 'las cruces' means 'the cross' in Spanish.

Recently the ACLU has taken on cases to have small crosses commemorating the tragic deaths of accident victims taken off highways. Why? They are symbols of the Christian faith.

No, I am not persecuted. But with these influences gaining power in society, I could be.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN
I invite everyone who wants to know why PEOPLE LIKE THIS GUY are so filled with hatred! Look at all his foes, look at all his comments, this guy is the reason I am not religious!

What did he say that was so hateful? It looks like he was expressing his beliefs. He never said anything about hating anyone or condoning violence. As for his foe's list- so? Have you seen some of the atheist's foes list? There is one in particular that adds Christians to his foe list the moment he realize they are one but I'm not going to name names. It doesn't matter because their foe list is their foe list. Also remember it says "respected" foes who "keep me on my toes." It could be taken as a compliment as well.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I added you as a friend!

Thanks for being the second person to unjustly add me as a foe!

Sooooooo funny!

This site is great

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
Mayans, incas and aztects killed for fun. they had no respect for life. these guys were worse than the american indians. they would enslave people and take their heart outs, rape them and do witchery.

So the solution to this was to rape, enslave and kill them...but also give them God?
Very hypocritically bizarre.

- Lee

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by IMAdamnALIEN

If it makes you feel better, I'm unjustly at ends with everybody on this site. Even if I agree with what you say, I'm a paranoid conspiracy theorist, and as such, I can't be sure if I can trust you or not. You NSA SPY! GET EM!

I think the one quote that relates to this thread the most is this:

God creates dinosaurs.
God destroys dinosaurs.
God creates man.
Man destroys God.
Man creates dinosaurs

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by crudos

heh, now don't you go getting all upset. I'm not. Read my signature, friend (and the continuation above, while you're at it.)

I love debate, and I will never insult you (consciously anyway, not responsible for other's interpretations) for your opinions. But I will answer questions posed to me.
I do hope this helps you understand your concern more.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

It is funny if you go and look at his foe's list. He adds everyone- it's part of the antagonistic humor. He has hundreds on his list and not a single person on his friend's list. We even talked about such things HERE if you want to discuss it there so we don't derail this topic. People were even feeling left out for not being on his foe's list!
Take it as a compliment you are a chosen one.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

That was beautiful!

I agree 100%

Carry on

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar

God creates dinosaurs.
God destroys dinosaurs.
God creates man.
Man destroys God.
Man creates dinosaurs

er, you forgot the last part:

Dinosaurs eat man.

(I love that line!)

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Wait who was talking about me?

What page? lol

My ego's throbbing.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

So in the end does that mean we are #$%^(the bad word for poo)

Literally we turn into fecal matter after the dino's are done feasting!

I love it!

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar

If it makes you feel better, I'm unjustly at ends with everybody on this site. Even if I agree with what you say, I'm a paranoid conspiracy theorist, and as such, I can't be sure if I can trust you or not. You NSA SPY! GET EM!

I think the one quote that relates to this thread the most is this:

God creates dinosaurs.
God destroys dinosaurs.
God creates man.
Man destroys God.
Man creates dinosaurs

That was me who starred you!

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

It was from THIS thread when we were talking about whether or not foe lists are insulting but you came into the topic:

HERE and HERE and HERE and HERE.

Your foe list is like a badge of honor. It's like a privilege or being a member of an exclusive club, you know.

[edit on 2/12/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Why did the dinosaur #$%^ in the woods?

He ate too many Mexicans

TheRedneck

edit to say: sorry, that was just plain baaaad...

[edit on 12-2-2008 by TheRedneck]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I would like to here a christian point of view on the fact that the virgin birth and 3 kings and the date is all base on the stars. Also what do they think about all the religions prior to Jesus having such similarites. In fact, I would love it if a christian would watch part 1 of the zeitgest movie and give us an explanation.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join