It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Christians always assume they're right?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

Bingo!

So it irritates me when people accuse Christians of not knowing what is going on when 'we read the book!'

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by luxor311

Christians only believe they are right because they don't know anything else as this is the crock of lies we are all fed by our churches and yes i was brought up in the Christian faith and no i don't believe this lie! I`m one of the children of rock and roll and we were taught to question all things by our teachers. We not only questioned everything we also explored most other faith`s in this world ,we found that there are die hards in all faiths and there are also those who listened and opened their minds to the other faith`s.Example Christian bible has father-son-and holy ghost it also has angels- archangels? middle east religion has Budda-Brama-veshuna and its subservient gods to these three it is all most the same except that we all use different words to describe basically the same things due to the difference of our languages.In the Christian bible it says that we the people were made to speak in different tongues and sent to different lands as we could not seem to get along-ahm some things never change i see.i wonder if this is also in your sacred books .Please compare your faith`s to these and see if it is not also in your books except it will be written in a different language than ours.as for the Christ it says that he is our savior and that when he returns he will destroy the great churches-military s and governments of the world and in so doing he will make them his you should look up destroy in the dictionary as it also says -see annihilate -also look up this word and put the two together-this means that he has to destroy all life to make them his-SAY WHAT! If this is our savior i`d hate to see what the Satan looks like -as god said that he would never harm any of us and that he loved us all-somebody please help us from our insane churches?The true savior would not harm anything or anyone he would use what the world has to the best of the world`s advantage by initiating the changes and corrections which would help the world the most. by using what we all ready have in place This one would have no enemy`s in this world no matter what the churches or government`s and military`s say-he would look upon the people of the world with eyes wide open accepting all no matter what they believe as this is the father`s way.These other people would be his unknown friend`s that he has not had the -pleasure to meet with yet or to sit and have dinner with discussing all of our want`s needs wishes desire`s hopes and dreams -how else would he learn how to help all of the people in the world remember he would be forbidden to harm anyone as this is what he was sent here for to bring peace on earth and good will to all men so what happened to us ,being led blindly by our blind faith it is time now to open your mind`s up to something a little bit different. So instead of all this infighting amongst our selves maybe it`s time we started to talk to one another all over this world opening our eyes to the differences amongst ourselves and learning from one another about the world outside of our own little corner of the world,we really arn`t any different from one another as we all have the same want`s needs wishes and desires and we all fear the same things so what is our differences -there really are none. skin colour dosn`t matter as there are only 4 races to man red white black and yellow big deal as i see no difference amongst us-please don`t judge us all alike because of the few fanatics among us -they cant help themselves as they call it blind faith and that is all it is.

[edit on 02/13/2008 by picrat]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Sadly, I've not only met people like that who claim to be Christian, I have done that myself! Sorry! And I still have to fight my ego from getting too judgmental of an attitude.

I believe (so you can reject it or accept it as you think/meditate/discuss it, if you reject it you aren't going to "hell") that anyone who is "self-aware" and seeking to better themselves is a "Christian." That's my label for them but they can call themselves whatever they want! I simply mean that they are following the type of life that Jesus lived, according to my limited understanding of both Jesus, and the person we are talking about!
I've drawn this picture of the type of person Jesus was from the Bible, yes, but also more texts than I could count. Some that would possibly cause a few people to call me a heretic!

Originally posted by andre18
I’d like to se a Christian come on here and say “what Muslims believe in is just as plausible as is what I believe in.” Not going to happen. Christianly is as plausible as what I believe in given the proof – though Christians will simply say what I believe in is right and that’s all there is to it.

I'm a "Christian" and I say "What a Muslim, Jew, Atheist, Scientist, etc believes is just as plausible as is what I believe in. If I may, I'm going to reword your quote: "I'd like to see [sic] andre18 come on here and say "what anybody believes in is just as plausible as is what I believe in." Going to happen. Anythingity is as plausible to the person who practices that faith as what I believe in given different interpretations of proof - though some will say 'what I believe in is right and that's all there is to it.'"

It boils down to talking and having intelligent, respectful discussions with another human becoming! I applaud those (now that I've matured a little, still much growing to do!) who question and probe ideas and belief structures! That's how we grow as a planet and as co-inhabitants on our home.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Why do you assume you are right? When opposing viewpoints are given, do you automatically give in? What makes Christians so special? Why single them out?

Everyone has a personal system of core beliefs that they see as self evident. People don’t just change core beliefs on a whim, that’s not the way our brains work. Everyone has their own private view of the world. When something drastically opposes that view, we refuse to accept it. Changing people’s mind about things like religion, politics, or moral opinions is extremely difficult, and that’s why Christians (and everyone else) believe they are right.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorthWolfe CND

They are Christians, thus they can't help but be stupid!!!
Every idiot assumes he has all the answers,

You obviously assume you have all the answers; otherwise you would not condemn another world view.

[SNIP]

Removed personal insult

[edit on 28/5/09 by masqua]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Being anti-Christian myself for nearly 20 years, and becoming a devout Christian recently, I think that if others are like me, the reason they think they are right is that they have seen things happen in their lives that they attribute to their God that couldn't otherwise have happened. And with that, comes faith. Faith means you believe. If you have faith, you cant exactly think your God is not THE God when you are a Christian.

As for them trying to push their religion on other people, it says in the bible that we are to preach the word of God unto every living creature. They're doing what their told in the Bible. I can't say I am a big fan of pushing Christianity on anyone, but I would be lying if I said I didn't want everyone to see what I see, and believe what I believe.

I didn't read anything other than the main post because I'm about to go to bed. I realize this may have been posted, but if not, it is now.

God bless.
Task.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by Taskism]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
It comes down to this:

You either have spiritual enlightenment or you don't. The crux of Xtianity is for the Xtian themselves to eventually become Spiritually enlightened experiencing transcendence, universal love, and knowing spiritual secrets beyond logic and reason.

So when a Spiritually Enlightened person is having a discussion or debate with a person in any other labeled category (minus the spiritual enlightenment) then only one of these the higher vantage point.

That doesn't many anyone better than anyone else. I'm just saying, that if I'm sick, I'm going to go to a doctor who has experience in Doctoring. I know that doctor isn't better than me in anyway as a human being, I know we're equals. But I know he has more "knowing: in his field of expertise and experience.

Problem is, most Xtians are indoctrinated into words and don't have their own spiritual enlightenment yet.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
most of christian traditions mask the real original rituals of the past cultures when they were not exactly like us today, they were a tad more rugged and wild. which i like better anyway.

And christianity over the kingdoms, rulesets and contrived systems has been dumbed down and pre packaged. Almost to make you a church going, hard working honest joe or jane but minus one thing, original thought. They strip it away like a uselss rag. and indoctrinate you with skewed opinion and belief to keep you down a rabbit hole of useless seeking. Until you miss the point completely so that the deceivers embedded in the church get there first, then hand you a token of relief to keep you involved. Thats my take.. christ freed my mind. And showed me my inner self. Without church.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I have a close friend who is trying to bring me back to the Christian flock. He is Vietnamese and comes from a family that was very active in pushing Christianity there before the war.

Anyway. His best favorite is that Jesus is the only one who died and came back to life. He can't understand that without faith, I cannot believe that Christ came back to life. He wasn't there. I wasn't there. Your were not there. All we have is the Bible to tell us the story. And it takes a great deal of faith to find the Bible credible.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I am a Christian and I don't say I am right.. I just say The God Jesus of the Bible is RIGHT! If you except and follow Him, that will make you grafted in with him and everything will make sense. The Power of God is real.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentShadow
If an atheist did not believe he was right, would he still be an atheist?

On the contrary most atheists would love nothing more than to be convinced that a god or gods exist. Waiting.........................................................................................
....................................................................................................
.....................................................................................................
.....................................................................................................
..................................still waiting...................................................

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Lilitu

Yes, and james randi would love to have one million dollars of his money taken away from him for being proven wrong about something he has staunchly defended for over 20 years... Please, you act as if atheists are above the ken of mankind.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Isn't that the same ideology that has divided the world, controlled the masses, started wars and killed thousands and thousands over the years? Sure Christianity is not to blame for all the above reasons but the ideals that Christians are always right and the rest of the world is wrong is very destructive....I think it is anyway. Why cant other religions be right as well?

First The world wouldn't be so divided if everyone else understood the things we understand in the way we understand them.

Second. God has informed us things would be this way. So by rights
the surprise is all yours.

It's not that Christians are always right.
It's that God the Father is never wrong.
We are human just like everyone else we are constantly wrong.
Where we differ is in the choices we make.

It's funny to consider what runs through an Atheists mind when he comes
eye to eye with the one who slings a cycle at the harvest.

I suppose it's nothing.

[edit on 28-2-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Let me explain something when God tells us not to do something and to do something it is always for a purpose. God has our best interest at heart. So for instance the bible makes it clear that fornication is wrong and that people should not have sex until they are married, many people have gotten sexually transmitted diseases through having sex with someone who has had multiple sexual partners or they themselves have multiple sexual partners, abortions because they are not ready to have children at that time (causes strain on relationship, family, teens especially not ready to take care of a child), unhealthy relationship attachments (soul ties), medical problems, instability.....

I am by no means saying marriage is perfect because marriage is a whole lot of work.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by roger_pearse

So in your words, everyone who has no religion, has trouble with morals???
give me a break, people with no religion have MORE moral because they are not close minded to the fact of being wrong.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

The bible is the word of God. Truth without error. God sent his one and only son Jesus Christ to die on the cross for all of us and that through him and only him can we be saved and that is a fact.

if you don't want to accept what God says in the bible that is your choice and your choice alone.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Well I am prepared to name this demon. I name it the "Xtian right" these totalitarian thinkers have an avowed intent to Make America a Xtian nation. Actually America is already a Xtian nation but they Xtian right wants their rabid brand of Xtianity to be the dominant religion and control a right wing political party. naturally ordinary decent Xtians seem to be overwhelmed by these new political goons.

Paganism is a great religion full of reverence for women, sexuality and nature. IMHO it is morally better than Xtianity HOWEVER it should never be a state religion and a pagan political party or undue pagan influence in completely wrong and dangerous.

[edit on 2-3-2010 by Tiger5]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Taskism

It's people like you that keep me trying to talk to others about Jesus - thank you for your post.

And I LOVE the siggy.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan
I have a close friend who is trying to bring me back to the Christian flock. He is Vietnamese and comes from a family that was very active in pushing Christianity there before the war.

Anyway. His best favorite is that Jesus is the only one who died and came back to life. He can't understand that without faith, I cannot believe that Christ came back to life. He wasn't there. I wasn't there. Your were not there. All we have is the Bible to tell us the story. And it takes a great deal of faith to find the Bible credible.

I agree that "faith" is the key - and also, what usually gets in the way of mankind believing, or having faith, is pride. Mankind is usually too proud and "worthy" to believe in God , much less eternal salvation.

One of the poster's signatures hits it nicely - it's not that Christians always think they are "right" - just that God is never wrong. And being a Christian, it is disheartening to see sooooo very many people in society that may end up tossing away any chance of eternal salvation.

As for me, I've spent enough years of hell on this earth to know that any more "hell" is not something I want for eternity.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Quote: “The Bible was written by God”
***Oh Really, How do you know that? Why do you believe that? Likely someone told you. Why do you believe them?

Quote: “I agree that "faith" is the key - “
****Faith, that mean believing without proof. Believing without proof is the mark of a fool. Do you believe everything anyone tells you? Do you ever question what you have been told? Do you ever question the things you have “faith” in. If not, why not?

Quote:”Mankind is usually too proud and "worthy" to believe in God , much less eternal salvation.”
****What exactly does “pride” and feeling “worthy” have to do with believing in God?
Do you have self worth problems?
And what in the world is this “salvation” you are always talking about?

Did you not know that you create your own Heaven or Hell?
You create your own reality. Big responsibility huh? And you think it is better/safer to thank or blame someone or something outside yourself?

You said you lived thru hell. Do you not know that you created it for yourself? What did you do or not do that made your life that way?
Your thoughts define what you do or don't do.

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join