It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Christians always assume they're right?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
i made a post just a few days ago, but alas, i cannot find it. But it basically states this. There are 3 peices to reality. Science agrees with this in the theories of neutrons surround by protons and electrons. Just as religion supports this by good, evil, and neutral.
NOw i for one, am nnot for or agaisnt any religion, or any beleife. What i DO NOT like, is when one tries to say theirs is better than anothers. Doesnt atter who, i will defend ANy point i can when it is stated in a form as to make another point of view a target, espescially when, its nothing more than a point of view one is using as ammuntion for the charade.
The triangle is the perfect representation of reality (or god)
/ - being good(positive)
\ - being evil(negative)
_ - being neutral
when any of these is outta balance, it is called chaotic. Religion allows for these borders to be easily tipped and swayed. if reality is in harmony, it is much harder to distort.
Religion forces most, to beleive they are good or bad people. those that can follow the code well, are good. While those that cannot, are looked upon, and look upon themselves, as "bad".
This si why religion is not the best path "in my point of view".
Humans are being of harmony. balance. and equation. Wanna know our purpose here? It is to maintain balance. when on side is over ruling another, humans can always tip the scales.
Humans are beings of harmony...wonder when they will start acting like it.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TEMELUCHUS

No one cares? It doesn't matter to anyone? Is that why we have filled 14 pages and still going?

You are welcome to your beliefs, but I am reserve the right to mine. I'd say so does everyone else on this thread... but hey, that's just my opinion.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Just another example of wasted space. Maybe all the space given to both the traitors is a good thing too huh. The great and powerful Area51 screwballs. Let's devote all the space of ATS to supreme Beings and people who know about assassination attempts but do nothing about it. What do ya say? Let's really get this country on the fast track. Just my opinion .

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Thanks for the post there TEMELUCHUS. You really added a lot of fresh new ideas to the topic. Thanks for your thoughtful comments.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

Hey your welcome. Don't let me interfere with anything. I mean what do I know, Right?

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by luxor311

They are Christians, thus they can't help but be stupid!!!
Every idiot assumes he has all the answers, that's why you should never talk to one... Ignore them and hopefully they'll go away.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorthWolfe CND

Stupid is as stupid does -----> " They are Christians, thus they can't help but be stupid!!! - NorthWolfe

Forrest Gump

[edit on 16-2-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I take it you have better ideas as to what is important... care to clue the rest of us poor unenlightened souls in on what it is?

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Squiddypuff
I hate to reiterate this but you just aren't getting it.
All faiths, beliefs, and creeds, believe that they are right. If there was any significant doubt it would not be a belief. So to ask why we believe we are right is an incredibly stupid question.

If you want to discus Religions hellbent on being right I've never met a faith more zealous than the atheist, all of your kind just have to show us were wrong, and you know the best part. The bible says time and time again that the faithful will be persecuted for there beliefs. So every time someone starts in on us, and tries desperately to prove us wrong, It only confirms to us that were right.

You will never be able to shake pure faith, deal with it.

[edit on 11-2-2008 by Squiddypuff]

Yeah,, you got that right and like the thread creator as said with the "us" "we" and the dig made about the imaginary friend in our pockets etc. The most compelling argument for the Christian is that we have all argued splitting hairs about Religion but we generally agree with getting along and not getting so vitriolic with each other. Atheism on the other hand is the most INTOLERANT of all religions. Atheism has to face the postulate that we who believe in God are either knowingly involved in a conspiracy of guargantuan size and complexity to ,,, Oh,,, I dunno for the hell of it I guess,, believe in something we KNOW doesn't exist if in fact it doesn't then that would prove this conspiracy is currently going on because we just like to trip people out like that.

OR perhaps that belief is something we Christians all identify with as we have all experienced God and that he is in fact real but just not to the Atheists. Conventional wisdom dictates that they should quit telling us to not believe in something we have already had proven to us and start asking us how they can find out too.

I think it scares them sort of like Spocks Brother in that one Star Treck movie that was in Theatres where he took over the enterprise to go meet God and he had to get the all to agree to "share their pain" lol

Kirk kept saying,, "I like my pain,, I want to keep my pain "

As much as I would like to say,, yeah what we all share, this belief in God and that it is much more then you can understand being that it isn't a natural phenomena but supernatural, is all a scam. That we all meet at the global christians for the conspiracy to drive atheist's nuts meeting in switzerland last year along with the bilderbergers.

I mean I would love to say that,, but I can't,,

God is real,,

sorry.

- Con

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I personally know a couple of bible-thumpers who are the biggest weasels I have ever met, very hostile to others and a lot of suppressed anger.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by WEOPPOSEDECEPTION

Hehehehe, I've met quite a few of those waskally-wabbits myself!
They're not a pretty site, either!

One thing you can take to the bank as an FYI (or not...just sharing here)....is that a person calling themselves a Christian and has genuinely experienced The Holy Spirit and the love of God is a new creature. Hate and anger will have been left in the dust.

I think a common mistake that some Christians make is to not allow the Spirit to work through them. Rather, there seems to be a preponderance for forcing the issue (on non-believers) of how beautiful a new life can be with a new garment!

It's my humble opinion that I have to walk the talk and God has to talk the talk.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by deenamarie53

Yeah, you know, there's waskally wabbits in every crowd, no matter what they CALL themselves. It's human nature. Show me a human that's perfect, no matter what they profess, and I'll not only show you some swamp land in Florida, I'll GIVE it to ya.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by NorthWolfe CND

I'm assuming you consider yourself to be NOT STUPID. Trust me, there's plenty of smart Christians on this board. Are you reading what they say?

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Allred5923
OR..... perhaps... "Christians are the mentally ill?"

Yeah I suppose if you were a Follower of Sam Harris who thinks Rape is less evil then going to church and thinks we all have a memeplex virus of sorts in our brains.

Then people like yourself would sanction a Government mandated lobotomy program where all Christians can be herd like cattle into some facility so all the pms'ing little atheists could sing "Ding Dong the meme is gone sing it loud sing it clear, Ding Dong the wickedness is Gone"

Just like the munchkins in OZ but that would be awfull because then the Atheists wouldn't have anything to bitch about anymore and we sooooo know how they LOVE to blame there whole purposeless, meaningless, miserable little lives on Christianity.

What ever would they do!

boo hoo

- Con

[edit on 24-2-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by luxor311
Why do Christians always assume they're right?

I'm GUESSING (only guessing) that it is because if they are wrong...they'll have to meet the same fate to which they want to condemn all the 'thems' which aren't a part of their 'us.'

Their very spiritual security rests on that ONE simple fact - they must be RIGHT in all they say or else...well...they can tell you what 'else' is better than I!

PEACE
GOD BLESS US ALL
And that includes 'LUCIFER'

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by luxor311

I admit I have not read the whole thread 14 pages is a bit much to read so such a simple answer really.

Why do Christians always assume they are right?

Well really that can be answered with another question.
Why does anyone assume they are right? I mean there are others that the question can be asked about and still mean the same thing.

Everyone assumes they are right because they are human. One must assume their position is right if they cannot prove the outcome any other way. I have seen numerous threads about being able to prove without doubt the existence of a God or the not being a God or that this is the right God and so forth.

Plain and simple none have done this adequately because none can prove this until they die and at that point it is too late and pointless to everyone else except to the one who just died.

One must assume that there is or is not a God or that their God is the right one based on how they feel about it. Just look at all the threads about no proof of Jesus as well. There were a lot of great people living two thousand years ago many of which are not mentioned and that there is no definitive proof of, but we cannot say for certain that they did not exist.

The proof is in the eye of the beholder. Those who search honestly with their hearts always find what they are looking for even if they do not wholly agree with what they find. One assumes they are right because they have no other choice but to believe otherwise. The belief they hold is what helps them get through life.

Why do atheists always assume they are right? Why cannot all religions be wrong? What if nobody has it right and everyone is wrong? Why is there such an interest in asking why any religion is wrong?

When it comes to beliefs I have yet to meet anyone who has not assumed their way was the right way, at least for themselves.

Raist

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

Yeah, and then they would start picking on each other, because that is the sinful nature of the human...to be prideful of him/herself.

Hmmm, maybe we should give that a go...we would survive and they would kill each other

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies

The bible says for every man and woman NOT to think too highly of themselves and it also says that knowledge puffeth up.(or makes a person proud.)

The Bible says, the Bible says! Can't you guys come up with another source to support your argument? How much do you really know about the Bible? Where does it come from? Who wrote it? What was the nature of those men's lives when they wrote it? What kind of men were they? and most importantly what were they trying to accomplish? If I wrote a book about a pink elephant and said that it was God, told some witty parables throughout it, and told you to believe and you would have eternal life, would you do it? Should I expect men and women thousands of years from now to believe it. If the Bible is a book of facts then why haven't we found any credible evidence to support it? I'm no expert on the Bible but even I have read enough about it's history to know it's an incomplete book. There are whole pieces of the puzzle missing! Doesn't that tell you something? We don't know if what's in the Bible is fact or a lot of hoop la! For all we know the guy writing the story could have finished it by saying, lol just kidding!

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by enchantress62

Hmmmm....I'm thinking maybe you should spend less time being enchanted and read more of it. If you don't understand it, ask for help...don't criticize it.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by idle_rocker
reply to post by enchantress62

Hmmmm....I'm thinking maybe you should spend less time being enchanted and read more of it. If you don't understand it, ask for help...don't criticize it.

Funny, you know nothing about me, what I've read, or what I know, but just to set the record strait. I have read the Bible many times, and participated in extensive Bible studies with men who have dedicated their lives to studying it. That said, I stand by my position. The Bible's message, if that's what you're getting out of it, doesn't make since. You can't say that God is perfect, then have him dictating a set of rules that insight bigotry and hatred. If God does exist and has given us intelligence, free will, and a logical mind, then why would he put a book here that works against everything logical. I know how powerful Christianity is, having been one my whole life, but as a free thinking adult, the concept just doesn't fly any more. I do believe there is a God out there, some kind of God, or maybe more then one of them, but I don't believe the Christians have the inside tract on communicating with he/she/or them.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join