It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dinosaurs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Has anyone saw the commercial on the Discovery Channel about the show that's coming up soon, about bringing dinosaurs to life using the DNA from bugs trapped in petrified tree sap, like Jurassic Park? I couldn't find any links, but i saw it on Tv the other night.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Yes. It would be interesting to see what would come out. How off are the scientists from the real thing? How much would it be affected by the process used to re-create the creature? How would you contain a giant species?

It might be possible with the work in cloning and DNA, if not now, soon. We all know they haven't done it, or it would have hit the news already, not waiting for a Discovery program

I don't recall when it will air.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I didn't see the add for it so I'm sorry if this is a stupid question.

but do you think it could be one of those shows like "Walking With Dinosaurs" where it is a ...."what if we did this?" And they go into all the possible creatures that could come out of it?

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by _Johnny_Utah_

I hope not, I think it would be pretty groovy to go see a T-rex. Also, I think it's supposed to air this Sunday or next. Or so.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I saw the promo for that program as well. Obviously there is amazing genetic technology out there....... but you would think that scientist would have learned something from Jurassic Park. Hopefully they stick to the idea of cloning herbivores.... so velociraptors aren't running about ripping off limbs and what not. I'd rather see the pet elephants that were the size a normal house pet. That's just me though.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I found some information on the program on Discovery's website; it's going to air on the 17th and 18th. Dinosaurs: Return to Life?

Unfortunately, their blurb isn't very descriptive; all it says is that scientists are working on creating a dinosaur from genetic material.

Personally, I would have expected the work to involve the mummified dinosaur that was discovered last year (?), but if they're really going Jurassic-Park with the amber, I'm going to be all over it. Amazing.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads up. I'll be watching that one for sure.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   

A new high-tech stage show is attempting to portray in 95 minutes what it took evolution millions of years to accomplish.

"Walking with Dinosaurs - The Live Experience" uses life-size models of Tyrannosaurus, Stegosaurus and 13 other extinct dinosaurs to realistically re-create an era when these giants roamed the Earth.

The presentation combines the latest in Hollywood special effects with a powerful lesson in natural science.

www.scoop.co.nz...

top topics

join