It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bibe Codes - Who believes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Sometimes I found myself typing "exodus2006" on google and spending a few hours reading this site:

www.exodus2006.com...

Its an honest site about something that can be nothing more than a statistical matter, anyway I feel fascinated by the subject even knowing that the codes found in the Torah and New Testament may not be in greater number that the codes found by the same method in any other equally large book.

So, have you seen the latest predictions about Obama?

fred

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
It is definitely a fascinating phenomenon. Predictions and matrices don't really make my mouth hang open but fluid ELS's in unbroken patterns are what make me take it more seriously.

For example, matrices like "Adolph Hitler, Holocaust, Poland, Auschwitz, and Germany" might be "interesting" but the fact that T-o-r-a-h, Y-a-h-w-e-h, and H-o-r-a-h (Torah spelled backwards) are fluid ELS's found throughout the Torah is something fascinating. I cannot come up with a logical explanation for this.

You might want to check out THIS ATS DEBATE between Argos and The Borg. Both sides did an excellent job but the one one debating for the side of the Bible Code's authenticity won the debate.

And just to briefly touch on what your original post said: It is also mentioned that although the codes may be found in other works, the very best example skeptics could come up with was still dim in comparison to the Bible codes. It must also be noted the comparisons were done using Hebrew translations of secular works in order to be as fair as possible.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
One of my favorite Bible Codes is: Cursed is the core of Verichip.

www.exodus2006.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I'd like to see someone take a novel of comparable length, something by Stephen King, perhaps, capitalize everything and take out all punctuation, and play "Find-a-Word" with that for a while. Probably get some pretty interesting results.

Anyway, saying there are secret messages encoded in the Bible is pretty much a slap in the face to everybody who believes the Bible is clear and unambiguous as it stands.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Something of a kind was done with "War and Peace", but ,as you are aware," statistics are an exact science. Side that pays more gets favorable result....."

Since no money was involved, argument about results goes on and on.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

They did do such a thing with War and Peace. They even used a Hebrew translation of the novel to make it as fair as possible. The graph posted above is an example of their best find (The Hanukkah matrix) compared to the Bible's Isaiah 53 find.

The issue remains up in the air to me but it is an interesting subject.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
The issue remains up in the air to me but it is an interesting subject.

So what you're saying is that the Bible as it's commonly believed and understood only gives you half of God's Truth on the surface, and you need to read it backwards and upside down to get the whole story?

My grandmother would be sad to hear that she spent her whole life with the Bible and only got half of the message. Probably burning in Hell as a result.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

I think the message of salvation remains loud and clear in the actual text. No need to look any further than that. To me (and this is only my opinion), if the Bible codes are legitimate then they would serve as a confirmation of Divine authorship- not so much for doctrine. So, I chalk it up as "interesting." If you're looking for some arguments, you'll need to look somewhere else besides me because I just don't know enough about them to defend the issue. My faith does not rely on the Bible code phenomenon and my skeptical interest in the subject can only be describes as piqued- not absolute. But it certainly seems the comparisons found in secular works actually don't compare at all.

I doubt our salvation is based on whether or not we knew about the rabbi, vegetation, or Holocaust matrices.

[edit on 2/11/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
As far as Judaism is concerned, Torah has several layers of understanding. One is as written and is totally correct and meant to be read , another to be studied (i think these are the codes and similar stuff, but might be wrong) and the last is the secret one (almost sure that it's not the codes , something for the mystics).
Anyway, no one tells that someone "must" know all 3 levels.
And the code's existance (at least the recurring words) is known at least for several centuries. Plus there is a claim to even more complex codes.
Anyway,i do not see nothing wrong in reading instead of calculating.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

The other day I saw a documentary about the bible codes an someone has done just that with moby dick the prevalence wasn´t so great as in the bible but it existed.
fred

new topics

top topics

join