It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunking Secret Facility Fakers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I see quite a few people on here talking about clearances. Clearances are classified as confidential, secret and top secret. When u get to TS there are other seperate classifications depending on; the job, location, sensitivity of the information and or project. Not all back rounds will warrant a trip to your house and others to interview but someone who needs SSI (Single scope investigation) there will be people sifting through your personal life witha fine tooth comb. I had a certain agency that is located north of DC but south of the baltimore area, do mine, that was interesting. But I found that a certain state agency dug deeper than the feds did. So it all really depends

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
great thread, very enjoyable read and very logical, wish more would take it on board as the majority of posts in this section are total crap ad a complete waste of everybody's time.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by thelibra

Very intuitive post. I also have some friends who work for defense contract organizations. One friend works for Lockheed and another friend is employed by KACI. Both fit the "ideal" candidate for these types of jobs, although both friends are doing completely different work; they both are former military with prior security clearances. Defense contractors go out of their way to help "transitioning military," as they call it.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I had a security clearance job until mine was revoked for credit problems, i worked for the DoD and we had some awesome stuff on the installation I worked on, even had our computers hacked into but it just seems like such crap that some folks talk about here, In my opinion and from real life experiences if you even opened your mouth or attempted to grow a brain there would be serious reprocussions, like life in prison, look at what Robert Hanson did, hes locked down 23 hours a day and is never allowed to operate a computer, EVER.

Ive read the stories about Bob Lazar and others and i think that they are so intelligent that they are able to make this stuff up and believe the lies, Just my opinion.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Just a short comment on this thread. I realize most of the information contained within this forum tends to be centric on the US, I thought I would throw a little in here from the great white north and security clearances.

I served as a Civilian Instructor (paid) with the Government of Canada in the Royal Canadian Air Cadet program, as such, I was paid as a 2LT, and had a security clearance. These security clearances included a VSS (Vulnerability Sector Screening), ERS (Enhanced Reliability Screening), and a Level 1- Confidential clearance(first of 3 levels), nothing terribly spectacular, and I was not going to come across anything that would put national security at risk, only personal information, and the odd "confidential" thing. When I was going through the process, first step was getting a CRC/CRNC (Criminal Record Check/Criminal Record Name Check), done at the local police force who uses information from CPIC (Canadian Police Information Center) the information clearing house for police in Canada. the next step was completing this form.

Government of Canada - Security Clearance Form (PDF)

Once this is completed, it is submitted (in my case, VIA my Commanding Officer) it becomes a waiting game.

Approximately 3 months into the investigation, I was called into my CO's office for an interview, it was regarding my clearance. As it happens, there was a credit issue regarding a unpaid cell phone bill, at an address and in a province I had never lived (as it happens, my brother hat lived in the area, but have never found out if he used my name or not). My CO was contacted by his superiors and told to "counsel" me on my financial and credit situation, after a fairly lengthy meeting, and the explanation that I had never lived there, so could not possibly have a bill in my name there, the information was forwarded to the people investigating me for my clearance. A few months after this meeting, I was called into another meeting with my CO, and "counseled" again, this time things went better, he did inform me that I nearly failed my clearance because of the unpaid cell phone bill, but the investigators checked and discovered that i had never had a driver's license, Voters registry entry, Tax return, or Provincial health coverage entry from the province in question, and were satisfied that the bill was not in fact mine.

Oddly, thought the unpaid bill was deemed to not be mine, the advice was given to just pay off the bill, as it was showing up on a basic credit check as being mine, and for the amount of money the bill was, it might be worth paying a few hundred dollars to get it off my check. Of course, me being the stubborn fool I am, refused to drop a few hundred on the bill, but it has reached it's 7 year life since and gone stale, so no longer there.

My CO then proceeded to walk me through the rest of the process, my security briefing, Security Screening Certificate and Briefing Form, and my "Oath of Office and Secrecy". My level 1 clearance is good for 10 years, but I am subject to periodic with cause reviews if they are warranted, but currently, as the clearance goes with the position or appointment, it is inactive as I am not currently a CI with any units. If I were to rejoin a unit, I can have my clearance reactivated and transferred to my new unit/position very simply, with a much less invasive process.

Government of Canada - Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat - Personnel Security Standard

Here is a link to Government of Canada website that does a pretty good job of spelling out the process.

Hope this information adds to peoples understanding of security clearances (Canadian or otherwise).
edit on 11/19/2011 by RyanFromCan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by RyanFromCan

I wish I lived in Canada, They may have been more more sympathetic to my issues. I have a giant label on me now and it says "security risk", its pretty upsetting since i served 10 years active duty in the Army and had an exemplary record in the time i served my country, now im relegated to a job im miserbale in and the pay is terrible, yes im slowly working on paying off my bills but im not getting any younger.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

edit on 20-11-2011 by Saucerwench because: DUPLICATE

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

we obviously have very different experiences in this matter. I saw plenty of people being "pushed through" the system to get clearance all the time (albeit temporary clearance, they had access all the same).

Thanks for this. I know such to be a fact as well.

And uncredible witnesses make for uncredible whistleblowers. Very smart actually, on the part of the PTB.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Very interesting post, but I think a lot of your "knowledge" is common sense. I wouldn't be surprised if your knowledge base comes from watching ancient aliens in your parents basement. That being said, anyone who comes out and says s/he worked at area 51 as recently as two years ago is a complete liar. The entire base was shut down three years ago. There has been no aerial activity seen in the area in years, and there has been a surge of dangerously high radioactivity readings.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by surfnow2

Of course you need clearance to get onto area 51! Have you ever tried to walk onto the base without a clearance??? I did, and if it wasn't for my extreme knowledge of Jiu-Jitsu and heightened reflexes, I don't think I would have survived to tell the tale.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMalacoda

TheMalacoda wrote:
"The entire base was shut down three years ago. There has been no aerial activity seen in the area in years, and there has been a surge of dangerously high radioactivity readings."

Dude, what planet are you living on? Over the last several years the base has expanded significantly with new hangars, radar facilities, and runway improvements. Within the past few months, construction was completed on a new water tower and a "hush house" for jet engine runs. The Janet flights and the white buses are ferrying workers to the site every day. Observers have noted aerial activity day and night, and the Security Force has been monitoring visitors with both truck and helicopter patrols. You are just parroting erroneous information that was published in a June 1997 issue of Popular Mechanics magazine that was debunked as soon as it hit the news stands.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I can guess that we have never heard of the real secret facilities out there. If so then it would be disinfo that would safegaurd its true location.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMalacoda

There is a sign out front that says they can shoot you on sight.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
EXCELLENT COMMENT

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I'm new. Do people on here really claim to be from inside these facilities? Because if I'm an MFD technician at Dreamland, I'm probably not going to go and make an ATS account.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Nobody on this site works for Area51 i know this for a fact.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

You always hear people claim they know a certain somebody or that they work somewhere. Its all bull as they would probably end up in jail if they posted any information on a website.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Extremely "common sensical " (if that's not a phrase, it should be!).
Thank you for placing this subject in a very easy to handle context. So many of us ( myself too), want to belive sooo badly...

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Wow.. realy.. sorry but i keep getting amazed at these people that can watch every post on this site to finally come out to say something that is just more gibberish to add to the crap already on here. is his gibberish woth reading? HTFK's? Guess what all of this has turned into a metaphor.. instead of hard FACT evidence that we can use.. Sorry dude, no hard feelings your just number 15 on my way to 20 so i can post something real on this place, and hopefully finally make some real sense to WTF is going on.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
You have to have a genuine "bigger than myself" mentality. You have to have enough pride in being part of something big that you accept not knowing how all the pieces connect (but you do have more knowledge than most think you would).

They want you to enjoy money... to certain degree.

They go into your background as far as they can go. There is no "years" limit. They do limit how degrees of seperation they go into, depending on what you do.

There are threats if you break operational silence but make no mistake about it: The carrots they use are much bigger than the sticks. That's why it's so hard to get any info. The people that they let into the circle are very content with their life and compensation. That's easier to control than threatening to snuff everyone out (although that is part of the game).

The image of the ultra paranoid person working in black is disinformation. The spies and reporters target the wrong people. They never look for the happy guy because it's not newsworthy.
edit on 4-4-2012 by MattNC because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-4-2012 by MattNC because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join