It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fidel Castro, John McCain spar over Cuban Torture in Vietnam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Fidel Castro, John McCain spar over Cuban Torture in Vietnam

www.reuters.com

HAVANA (Reuters) - Ailing Cuban leader Fidel Castro took on front-running U.S. Republican presidential candidate John McCain on Monday, accusing him of lying about Cubans torturing American prisoners of war in Vietnam.

At a campaign stop in Miami last month, the Arizona senator told anti-Castro exiles that American POWs held with him in Hanoi were tortured by "a couple of Cubans."

"His accusation against the Cuban revolutionaries ... are completely unethical," Castro wrote in an article published by the ruling Communist Party newspaper Granma.

"The commandments of the religion you practice prohibit lying," he said of McCain, who was raised an Episcopalian and calls himself a Christian.

McCain, a Navy pilot when he was shot down over North Vietnam in 1967, says he was tortured by his Vietnamese captors over more than five years in captivity. Cuba and North Vietnam were Cold War allies of the Soviet Union at the time.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Well, I would guess that McInsane knows a little better than Fidel who tortured him, as he was there.

Although if I was McCain, I don't know that I would be screaming too loudly about the torture issues of other countries right now, in light of our own administrations guilt of toturing in recent times.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

join