It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TOURNAMENT FINAL IS NOW OPEN

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1

And Goodluck to you too Russian.

Thanks I will need all I can get.

Out,
Russian

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
okay ... just put it on Ebay whan I've conquered everyone. No problem. Is it signed by the author? If you can get him in a internet chat room you can probably get him to sign it?

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
No, if you win the book will be surgically attached to your left breast.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
well #, my options will be limited then! I better get my hedge clippers out!

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
These are some great matchups and by reading some initial responses everyone seems to have the idea down already. Some seem far better than others but I will keep names to myself and take note. I wish everyone debating good luck and hopefully I can advance far enough to make a name for myself around here.

Good Luck All and I am glad people have the balls even if they arent very knowledgable about how this works. As previously mentioned, practice makes perfect.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Darn, hard topic.

This is going to be a hard one....

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
The artillary is going on!

I have to confess, as usual, I don't like some of the topics. But whatever. At least I got an okay one.

let's see here:

1. NephraTari V ilovepizza: "The US is more sinned against than sinning." - that sounds like something Bush woudl say. I don't even know what the hell the topic means. I hope the contestents can figure it out.

2. Loki V Amorymeltzer: "Global government (NWO) will actually be the best thing to happen to society." - a classic topic. I'll be happy to see some brain cells racing in this one.

3. Quicksilver V mig12: The Elite "Only the elite can truly successfully manage national affairs." - nice topic. I wonder how you'd convincely argue that only the elit can rule, though. (actually... )

4. Valhall V Phoenix: Special Interests - all i gots to say is holyee #. Whoever comes outta this one will be much stronger for it. I'm glad I'm nowhere near this pit.

5. Russian V John bull 1: Dictatorship/Democracy - very enjoyable.

6. Dreamz V DeltaChaos: Affirmative Action - good topic. I hope it can be debated well enogh

7. Nerdling V intrepid: National Leaders - I thought intrepid got the short stick on this one, but s/he carries well. I'll be watching the results of this one.

8. ktprktpr V Genya: School Exams - hehehe. Way to early to tell how the battle goes...

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr
okay ... just put it on Ebay whan I've conquered everyone. No problem. Is it signed by the author? If you can get him in a internet chat room you can probably get him to sign it?

yes, the prize book is autographed.

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Does the winner get a new vanity title under their name?

MASTER DEBATOR?

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Not enough room for all of that.

Will have to shorten the Master to Mast.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Ok, Round One is all wrapped up. Results and pairings for round two posted here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Next round debates will be opened tonight or tomorrow my time. Good luck

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Congrats to all! I think that round was one of the best sets of debates we've had yet.

-B.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kano
Not enough room for all of that.

Will have to shorten the Master to Mast.

Better yet, why not just shorten the Mast. down to Mr. or Ms. debater? I'm sure well all get the joke

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Pairings and Topics have been announced for round 2, and the Debates are now open.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Good luck ILP.

I look forward to reading your opening statement.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Wow that was the most challenging debate yet!
Kudos to Ilovepizza and best of luck in the next round.

hehe on a side note.. I not only don't believe in god.. but don't believe in sin not to mention the fact that I am NATIVE AMERICAN...(ILP you have no idea how much it cut me to discusss the topics we did and not be on your side) I was tempted to forfeit from the onset.. as the topic required a person to view life from a christian point of view and I am not a christian.

I have to say though.. Ilovepizza put up a wonderful fight and I am honored to have had a chance to go head to head with him!

Well done!

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   

And then there were 4.

Round 3 begins.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I've read your stuff. You're good. This is going to be a rough one. Probably not as rough as my last one, but hey, who wants to live forever?... DIVE!!!

"Keep up the good work... I'll try harder!"

DeltaChaos

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Awesome debates from all members. Go Team ATS! Go Team ATS! Go Team ATS! Go Team ATS!

I'm on a the sidelines, like a cheerleader!

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The finalists have been announced and the final is now open. Good luck to both remaining competitors.

[Edited on 3-4-2004 by Kano]

<< 2  3  4   >>

join