It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting in Memphis School Leaves Student in Critical Condition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Shooting in Memphis School Leaves Student in Critical Condition

www.wibw.com

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) _ Police say a student has been shot in a cafeteria at a Memphis high school, and a suspect is in custody.
Police spokeswoman Monique Martin says the student was shot Monday morning at Mitchell High School and was believed to be in critical condition.

Martin tells CNN that the injured student has at least two gunshot wounds and is a male in the senior class.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Just saw this on CNN. I'm searching for some more links. This is the first one that popped up on google

www.wibw.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Witnesses say the student was shot in the neck, chest and possibly the groin area.The shooting appears to have been the result of an argument last week.

www.wreg.com...

I just don't get it folks....What kind of arguement amongst two high school students, could be so bad? That one felt he had to pull a gun out and attempt to take the others life? I just don't understand...

What ever happened to the fight after school. Done deal...You might even become friends, afterwards. WITHOUT guns.

[edit on 11-2-2008 by highfreq]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
the shooter shot the kid, said "It's done", handed the gun to a teacher, and waited to surrender to the cops. Is it just me.... or is this seriously suspicious?

I was just posting on another thread a couple of days ago about how I think all of this, or most of it, is some sort of mind controlled manchurian candidate type of thing, and and I dunno people don't like to think that way... but look at this guy's behaviour. Look at this rash of shootings, all happening in less than two weeks time. SOMETHING is up. Even my mother thinks something strange is going on.

EDIT:

Wake up and smell the coffee, folks. We know it's possible to make people into brainless violent zombies. Just look at the Mid-East and suicide bombers. Do you think those people are just angry Muslims, so angry that they strap a bomb to themselves and blow themselves up, killing dozens of their fellow countrymen with them? No, it's obviously those are mind controlled zombies carrying out their programming.

Could this not very well be the Americanized version of the suicide bomber? Instead, it's the "suicide shooter"? This one didn't commit suicide, but most of them do. Think about it, man. Think about the similarities.

[edit on 11-2-2008 by indierockalien]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by indierockalien

That could be exemplary of gang behavior. Often newer or low ranking members will take upon themselves to clear a mark knowing they're going to jail. It's likely that the prison would be occupied with fellow gang members and his entrance would be his initiation into the higher tiers of the gang. Of course he would still have a long way to go but time for murder is gold if trying to make something of yourself in gangland.

You aren't anything until you've killed someone and prison is a relative cakewalk for a gang member who's done the deed. Prison is where the organizations are usually run.

This all refers to long established gangs though. Not the everyday thug kid kind of crap the wannabes play around with.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
A ready made excuse. Not to say you are the one who made the excuse, thisguy, obviously. I'm just saying that all these school shooting are either "gang" related, or "some weirdo loner".... and I've gotta say, fool me once, shame on 'you'. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times, shame on us all for being so gullible.

I don't buy it. Tell me again, how are gangs not just as much a mind control school anyway? Why do these inner city kids, who already suffer such hardships, feel the need to perpetuate the violence and the hate in their already dismal settings? Blame it all on gangs and drugs and guns... but yet, there must be deeper causes. Who puts those drugs and guns and corrupt individuals out on the streets in the first place?

To believe that poor people are more proned to violence is kind of stereotypical thinking. I think poor people are just easier targets for the governments to implement oppressive measures against to make sure that the majority of the less fortunate do not rise above their conditions, because if they did they would be very unhappy with this system, and they would instigate change.

That was a little off topic... but I don't buy the typical reasoning for all of these shootings. It's so overused.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by indierockalien

Fair enough. Gangs certainly have their own unsinister as well as potentially sinister roots somewhere.

Though long before the "government" existed there sis exist families, clans or "gangs" and other such groupings of people. And far before the "government" there were drugs.

For instance, the roots of the Hispanic gangs in America can be found in their immigration here. They came into towns as the minority population speaking little to no English and as such they were convenient targets for abuse and crime. Sticking together was a way of protecting themselves. After a point of growth factions separated with differing ideas and the organization that once operated as a neighborhood police force and Big Brothers/Big Sisters type organization for the good of community devolved into a money making criminal enterprise.

The roots of black gangs in America are the same as well as any other ethnicity.

Originally formed to better their situation but beyond a certain size becomes corrupt and criminal.

Not unlike government at all actually.

Perhaps at some point during the gangs lifespan there was some sort of CIA, mind control phenomena that swayed them into becoming criminal in nature but that's open to debate I guess. Whatever the cause it doesn't change the situation. It's not like holding MK Ultra or the CIA accountable now will undo any damage that may have been done.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by indierockalien
Could this not very well be the Americanized version of the suicide bomber? Instead, it's the "suicide shooter"? This one didn't commit suicide, but most of them do. Think about it, man. Think about the similarities.
[edit on 11-2-2008 by indierockalien]

Yeah, I agree. Something out there is obviously spreading mind control around... okay, I give -- I've seen them do it. I say most these folks are zombies under alien mind control...

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

True dat, true dat.

Oh yeah, the damage is done, is being done, and either way I think the only thing to do is to just bring the human race together somehow. It doesn't really matter how we got here. Arguing about that will get us nowhere. It's where do we go from here? How do we make people see that violence is not the answer, gangs and street crime is not the answer, that working together and agreeing to disagree is what we need in order to save our species, all the other species, and the planet?

That's the big question. How do we evolve away from settling our disputes with blood and guts?

Either way, the government and the media are not helping. Most people nowadays just blindly think we're a savage and hateful race. What are you supposed to think when you're staring at a box for hours a day and all it's preaching is "War, famine, death AIDS, murder, rape, suicide, genocide, fear, hate." I don't think we truly are hateful, if we'd just turn off our televisions and question our rulers more.

I haven't met one person who wasn't a complete baffoon who thought killing and fighting were a good thing. I was in juvenile hall when I was 17, and I had many friends in there who were of different ethnicities, from the inner cities, from violent gangs... and these were the nicest dudes I'd ever met. They don't want to be violent. They just get forced into it, and they regret it for the rest of their lives.

The less we, as a collective, think that we are violent, the less violent we will become, because we won't always be so afraid of it. I mean, just the repetition alone of death and fear in the media is enough to control our minds and program violence and fear into us.

That alone is enough to make you wonder long and hard about who is really influencing our behavior.

My personal opinion, though, is that I am sensing a pattern in these types of events. I'm sensing overwhelming similarities in the d8ifferent cases, and I'm seeing how much these types of events relate to the events in the Middle East, but just Americanized.

Can we all agree on the fact that suicide bombers are a result of intense mental conditioning? If it was one or two, it would be maybe just a coincidence, but we hear about suicide bombers every other day blowing themselves up in Iraq and the likes. It's obvious that there's so many, that some method is being used to churn out these so called "fanatics".

With the rise in shootings as of recently in America, it brings into serious question whether or not similar methods are being used to churn out these cold blooded people that just go on rampages for seemingly petty little reasons.

In the Mid-East, you have one blanket reason: religious fanaticism. Since it's a far away third world land, that's relatively easy for most Americans to stomach, because we've been painted a picture of Muslims i the Middle East as just being crazy and desperate to force their religion upon the world. Like everyone in the Mid East is some wild eyed brown devil or something.

In America, people are so varied in ethnicity and ideologies, people would have a harder time buying into one blanket reason.... so they make up a few varying reasons as to why someone would commit such seemingly random acts of mass murder in public places. The background stories vary a little with each person, but mainly the reasons for such crimes that have taken place are one of like just a handful of reasons. They've gotten lazy with their imaginations, and that's only because the public have gotten lazy with their imaginations. So it works. People buy into it.

Just like they buy into the story that the MidEast is full of crazy Muslim walking time bombs. It's just very eerie, and if you don't question what is going on and how this all relates just a little bit, you have some sort of blinders on your mental processes.

Thisguy, I can see that you do question what is going on and the story presented to you by the media at least slightly, so kudos to you... even if you don't really think it's as heavy as I paint it out to be, at least you aren't buying the media spin hook line and sinker like most people out there.

I need to learn how to type faster. Chicken pecking just isn't cuttin' it.

top topics

join