It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon to charge 6 in Black Tuesday attacks promising secret trial and sebsequent execution

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Pentagon to charge 6 in Black Tuesday attacks

www.msnbc.msn.com

WASHINGTON - The Pentagon is planning to charge six detainees at Guantanamo Bay for the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks on America and to seek the death penalty.

Defense Department spokesman Bryan Whitman said an announcement of the charges could come Monday. A second official said that military leaders also will seek the death penalty for the attacks that killed nearly 3,000 Americans.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11-2-2008 by ItsHumanNature]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
After more than 6 years the Pentagon is finally getting around to actually charging some of the men being detained illegally in the Gauntanomo Bay torture camp. Since when is the Pentagon a part of our legal system? Does it it take 6 years of torture and drug injections to make someone worthy of being "charged" with a crime, and if so are these men mentally coherent enough to stand trial? Do those charged have access to the "destroyed" tapes of them being tortured by the CIA?

www.msnbc.msn.com...

The Pentagon is now our Justice system, promising a secret trial and subsequent execution of anybody accused of "terror" crimes. Who can be secretely swept off of the streets and "accused" of terror crimes? ANYBODY. This means YOU.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Guess they have gotten all the information out of them they can get through the use of torture......now lets put them on trial in a secret court!

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I wonder who will charge THEM with the illegal invasion of Iraq and the untold amount of death and suffereing they've caused? Must be awesome to be court and executioner with free reign to commit all the very crimes you're holding others for with zero accountability.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

WW2 and the Neuremburg "trials" are the answer to this. The victor gets to write the "history" and decide who is "guilty" of war crimes.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
I wonder who will charge THEM with the illegal invasion of Iraq and the untold amount of death and suffereing they've caused? Must be awesome to be court and executioner with free reign to commit all the very crimes you're holding others for with zero accountability.

Isent that also what happend on September eleventh?

[edit on 11-2-2008 by RedGolem]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Sure. But going after an innocent country that had NOTHING to do with it and killing tens of thousands of people doesn't make them any better. And yet you don't see any of them being charged for it. Do as we say, not as we do.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Criminals are Criminals ...Once they have been foudn guilty they should sufferthe punishment for thier Crime ... AND YES there are worse punishments for the Worser crimes ... It should be you kill someone you get killed yourself ... Or possibly a couple other options ... such as ... Spending the rest of your life doing manual labor ... for the people that you took thier loved one from.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I wonder will they charge the head of the ISS who forwarded money to them? Will they charge the people at the flight schools that trained them even though very poorly? What about the School of the Americas where some were rumored to have been trained? Obviously those who put, put options before 9/11 should be charged. Those in charge in the FBI and CIA who refused to forward information will surely be charged. There is enough blame to go around hopefully they'll get all those rascals.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Weren't all their confessions forced, under duress, their families threatened while being tortured? I'd say I kidnapped the Lindberg baby if I was being water boarded. I really wonder why they'd want these people dead? Dead men tell no tales?

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 2/11/2008 by QuasiShaman]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Ok, Mr. Pentagon. So it took a secret military tribunal did it? I don't suppose that would have anything to do with the 80 videos the FBI is holding on to? Or the FAA tapes that were destroyed? Or with all those records that were destroyed in WTC7? Oh, and I'm absolutely sure it had nothing to do with all that gold that was stolen that morning either eh?

Since the suspects have a right to have all the evidence presented against them, I want to see this plane that hit the Pentagon. After all, the suspects had to know an awful lot about how to keep a plane from breaking apart under those G's and execute a perfect hit on the buildings. I want to see the data from Flight Data Recorders which you DID recover and are holding in secret. Any chance the suspects can hand that over to the Pilots for 911 Truth, and let them take a couple days to go over it?

Asked what impact that will have on the case, Hartmann said it will be up to the military judge to determine what evidence is allowed.

Oh I see, uh huh, bingo. Case closed.

America, land of the screwed.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The Gestapo and KGB mastered torture interrogation many decades ago. Their conclusion? Given free hand to apply ANY method for making somebody talk (think ripping off fingernails or having a glass pipe shoved up your penis and smashed with a hammer) they surmised that they would know anything of value within a day- it takes a little longer to make people start confessing to things they didn't do. These men being put on "trial" have been subjected to torture and drug psycosis for 5 years now, and anything they say is completely useless in a real court of law, so the "trials" will be the military tribunal type meaning they are prsumed guilty, the prosecution decides what "evidence" can be used, and even if and who can be their legal representation.

It is nothing more than a kangaroo court or show trial, the very thing drummed into heads about the evils of the Soviet and Nazi "legal systems" and supposedly what put the U.S. on a higher moral plateau. It looks like we have fallen into the crevasse with the likes of Hitler and Stalin folks, this isn't where the "leaders of the free world" should be hanging out.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Here is a related article:www.time.com...

And a thread from Friday 2/8/08 on 2 more Guantanamo detainees that are being charged with "War Crimes" :www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Along with a recently reported "face lift" there seems to be a marked increase in Guantanamo activity recently.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

The Defense Department announced today that charges have been sworn against six detainees at Guantanamo ~ The charges allege a long term, highly sophisticated, organized plan by al Qaeda to attack the United States.

Now that sworn charges have been received, the convening authority will review the charges and supporting evidence to determine whether probable cause exists to refer the case for trial by military commission. If the convening authority, Susan Crawford, in her sole discretion, decides to refer the cases as capital, the defendants will face the possibility of being sentenced to death.

In the military commissions process, every defendant has the following rights: The right to remain silent and to have no adverse inference drawn from it; the right to be represented by detailed military counsel, as well as civilian counsel of his own selection and at no expense to the government; the right to examine all evidence used against him by the prosecution; the right to obtain evidence and to call witnesses on his own behalf including expert witnesses; the right to cross-examine every witness called by the prosecution; the right to be present during the presentation of evidence; the right to have a military commission panel of at least five military members determine his guilt by a 2/3 majority, or in the case of a capital offense, a unanimous decision of a military commission composed of at least 12 members; and the right to an appeal to the Court of Military Commission Review, then through the District of Columbia Circuit Court of Appeals to the United States Supreme Court.

These rights are guaranteed to the defendant under the Military Commissions Act, and are specifically designed to ensure that every defendant receives a fair trial, consistent with American and international standards of justice and the rule of law.

The sworn charges are only allegations that each accused has committed a war crime under the Military Commissions Act. The accused are presumed innocent of any criminal charges unless proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt at a military commission.

www.defenselink.mil...

Would they have these rights in Iran, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, etc?
They would already be dead if those gov's though they acted against their intrests. They are lucky to be in U.S. custody instead of undergoing real torture, then being beheaded years ago. No appeal to any supreme court.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I just can't believe they've been held all this time and only now are charges being made.

What happened? Did someone finish the cut and paste job on all the 'evidence'.

Was there another passport found stuck in the gutter of one of the opposite buildings roof to the towers?

Did some person in a cave in Afghanistan come forward as prime witness?

Why now? Why after all this time?

Does not add up..

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

You left something off of the list. What about the "right" to be swept off of the streets and held in a cubicle for 5 years while being tortured? What about the thousands that are being subjected to exactly this and still have no charges filed? Would this be ok if they nabbed you, your father or brother? Guess what? We have no rights, and neither do those being tortured in secret prison camps. All rights have been suspended until "terror" is eliminated- and guess what? Terror is an tool not an enemy and will never be eliminated, therefore our Constitution was demolished with one swipe and backed up by people exactly like yourself.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso

No. But since you mention it, I would expect those nations to avoid a civilian prosecution in favor of a military tribunal.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
This is perfect.

Perfect because now it looks like the BUSH ADMINISTRATION is actually doing something about the "WAR ON TERROR". This is good news. 6 innocents very well may die, but what a PR boost for Bushy!

Please note the sarcasm. This is disturbing. Murder for headlines. No one is safe, as long as we don't "understand the threats we face!" I am moving to South America to await the apocalypse.

And then there's this

infowars.net...

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
[
They would already be dead if those gov's though they acted against their intrests. They are lucky to be in U.S. custody instead of undergoing real torture, then being beheaded years ago. No appeal to any supreme court.

Glad you made that point Makeitso. I was not to sure how to say it but you got the point across.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
So when is going to be Bush and cronies turn to be persecuted for crimes against humanity.

I guess only the powerful can walk free. . .

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join