It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are we alone in the universe?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
i remember reading about the mexican air force video and there was a mention that one of the alien space craft was quite large, it was about the size of a 12 story building, anyhow i was watching a youtube video and i think i seen the large alien space craft in the last couple seconds of this video

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
im not trying to be an ass but there is already dozen's of threads on this same topic that is why there is a search option. learn to use it. then come back. your questions are already there.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11-2-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
heres another video out of england which shows a metalic orb of some sort, i happen to believe it has something to do with the crop circle phenomenon, its strange how these unmarked helicopters are very interested in it

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
You posed a question in your title. And at the risk of losing points I will answer it with a simple No we are not alone.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
heres some interesting things said by people who have responsibility in society

1. former astronaut neil armstrong said the aliens are on the moon and they told us to stay off it, why hasnt this been investigated by mainstream media?

2. vice president dick cheney said if he had been briefed about the ufo phenomenon it would probably be classified, why does this subject still need to be secret?

3. general mcarthur said our next war would be an interplanetary one, what did he know exactly?

4. fbi director hoover wrote a memo complaining the army wont let him have access to the disks, how many did they recover?

5. president roosevelt started the ipu which stood for interplanetary phenomenon unit and was there to collect celestial artifacts, should we all pretend the president was a rock collector?

6. former nasa scientist norman bergrun said the rings of saturn are being made by electromagnetic space vehicles, some as large as 20 thousand miles long, once again wheres the mainstream media?

i know this subject is over most peoples head but come on

[edit on 11-2-2008 by trewth]

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11-2-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
yes i apollogize for calling dalegribble a kook and that he should stop trolling peoples thread, so in the future i'll try to treat them how they treat us and show better etiquette anyway

btw i too dislike people starting new threads talking about the same subjects but 30 seconds after i started my thread he attack like a rabies filled skunk and thats why i reacted the way i did but once again i apollogize to ats

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
You posed a question in your title. And at the risk of losing points I will answer it with a simple No we are not alone.

And I will reply to that with a simple, "Prove it."

You have no idea how much I wish someone actually could...

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
after studying this phenomenon for years i have no doubt that this subject is not for everybody, there are people out there that dont understand this reality and never will

as for scientists, they can only study what they have access too, and 99.9% of the scientists in the world do not have access to and will never have access to the entities and their technology

so as you can imagine its not easy to prove this reality however just because you cant prove it entirely doesnt mean one should stop trying and thats why searching for the truth is a worth while exercise im my opinion

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I not the first that have said it. It is no, we are not alone in universe.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

It depends on what type of proof will satisfy you? I am unable to provide an alien body or spaceship. However, here is a well known mainstream physicist talking about aliens and physics. Given the many unusual reports which make no sense... well... that certainly has the hallmarks of a type 3 civilization. It's logical for aliens to not make sense. Just like our language, customs, and general way of life wouldn't make sense to a caveman..

M. Kaku on Aliens and Physics

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by trewth

Initially, you'd think that was a good open-ended question that could be discussed in depth.....but after thinking about it some....

Possibly legitimate answers;

"Maybe"

"Maybe not"

That's 'bout all the legitimate answers I can imagine. "No" or "Yes" aren't particularly good answers.....neither position is verifiable and lacks testable or perceptual support. I suppose you could just argue...cite some philosopher's or mathematician's theory....maybe even argue from a theological standpoint.

Point is....how does the discussion move forward? Can it conclude with an answer that satisfies the majority? Nah, don't think so; unless the majority agrees with me and thinks the answer is "maybe not".

Then what do you discuss?

[edit on 13-2-2008 by MrPenny]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
We actually have a lot of evidence. Consistent reports, reputable reports, mass sightings, the COMETA report, which is ground breaking in many ways. It makes a solid case for moving the argument from "if" to "why" as in, "why come here?" It helped to move the Alien Hypothesis to the Alien Theory, and that has to count for something. Many arguments have been made to look at this from a different point of view using the Scientific Method to the best of our ability. We seem to trust math enough to look for super strings, yet dismiss it when it come to life in the universe? Why? This isn't a scientific approach and worse still lacks imagination. Current public SETI efforts, if they aren't censored, aren't sufficient to answer the question in their current capacity. And even so, they lack imagination as well. And that is the problem with the whole debate. The skeptics aren't just skeptics, they simply don't believe and couldn't imagine it being possible. They don't look at data they dismiss the whole issue as a mental disorder. Or worse yet, everyone is accused of being a liar. And the media often misrepresents the facts, and the government is always offering ridiculous explanations for obvious data. That is what creates the debate, that is what I see people arguing about. Add to that hoaxes and the potential of government disinformation agents.

All this effort points to the very real probability that there is in fact a cover up. And we are in fact being engaged as a species. And we need to do something about it. We need to start acting like we actually want the answer to the biggest question mankind has ever asked. Are we alone? Well, if we are, then the answer if extremely profound. And it is charged upon us to potentially colonize and populate the galaxy. And it may very well be the case in other galaxies throughout the universe. Maybe there is a golden moment in the Universes history that makes it possible for life to flourish for the first time. And what if the last 4 billion years or so is that window. And we are one of the first in the universe. But what if the conditions for life had always been present? A billion years or so after the Big Bang, and the earliest of galaxies were cooling more rapidly and allowing for these ingredients to coalesce, and become sun like stars and Earth like planets, and us. Here we are. And statistical estimates give us pretty good figures for Earth like planets in our galaxy. So what does that mean to the argument? It means that we are asking the wrong questions. Of ourselves, and of the universe. And we are asking ourselves whether it is acceptable to dismiss evidence so easily when scientific consensus has consistently been based on a whole lot less. I just think the issue itself needs to be given more respect. I maintain that we are not alone. I have seen enough evidence to convince me. And I base my belief on the data I pour over on a regular basis. My questions have become "Why are we lying to ourselves about it" and "Why do government need to maintain secrecy on the matter". To me, Are we alone was answered a long time ago.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat

And I will reply to that with a simple, "Prove it."

Do you need proof when there are

0000000000000000000 x a gajillian

Planets and solar systems out in the universe.

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR THEIR NOT TO BE OTHER LIFE!!!!!

Why can't some people understand that we AREN"T special

Do you really think the entire universe was made for EGOTISTICAL humans?

I laugh at the idea!

[edit on 13-2-2008 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I agree with IMAdamnALIEN.
There is no slightest doubt in my mind that we're not alone in this universe.
We can't prove it, but the logic and some scientific facts (facts people, not some mumbo jumbo this forum is usually flooded with) support this idea.

The real question is, are any of those species actually visiting our world?
What are those things in the skies? Are those alien crafts or some natural phenomena/man made objects?

Are alien obductions real? Were those people really obducted and were they taken by extraterrestrials or humans?

Am I ever going to score with this hot coleague girlfriend of mine at work?

Those are the real questions people. Those are the real questions..

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
no, we are not alone in the universe...how silly can humans be to assume otherwise

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Oh, really? Have you discovered life someplace else you're keeping to yourself? Because I haven't heard of life being discovered anywhere but on Earth. I'm sure we'd all like to hear what you've found.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

We actually have a lot of evidence.

Oh, sure, there's a lot of evidence. We're up to our ears in evidence. But how about some good ol' fashioned proof? Do you have any of that? Because I haven't seen any, and I've been looking for a long, long time.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
thanks to all the positive people who posted there opinions especially projectvxn which was a thorough explanation of his position, unfortunately i have no respect for people like nohup, these people just sit back and say prove it, prove it, wheres the proof? wheres the beef?, well this is the whole point sherlock, where trying to prove something with video, photos and testimony of people who have responsible positions in society, thats all we can do and were going to keep doing that, i dont even know why you people even come to these websites other than to haunt the rest of us and nip at our heels, what you should do is try to think of ways to help us prove the case, i know thats impossible for you people but its worth asking

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
You're right the burden of proof is upon me...Or is it? This isn't up to me as much as it isn't up to you. I happen to believe that they have been making their presence known for quite some time. And I have enough evidence to put together a working theory that I can improve upon a new information comes to light. It's the same thing as the theory of dark matter and dark energy. Except people are directly observing the UFO phenomenon, and there is alot of evidence to support a good chunk of abduction cases. So I'm going to explore this avenue. If I'm wrong I will humbly and respectfully concede my position on the matter. I'm not one to chase fantasies. But my position hasn't been proven wrong. I have statistical data backing me up, I have astronomical observation backing up that statistical data, I have multiple extremely credible reports, I have plenty of government files(which I'm sure many of you have), and I have common sense, and an understanding of science and it's method. I'm not living in some dream world where Klingons are helping us fight the Borg. I think it is ridiculous that people treat this issue with such contempt knowing that there is data supporting the theory and that the issue is inherently worth investigating. You ask for proof, I say prove me wrong. There alot more data pointing to life in the universe than in the argument against it. As much as we have data for it visiting us on occasion, and yet the former aspect is met with interest while the latter is met with contempt and dismissal. Why? Prove me wrong. Where is your data to support we are not? Because I have mine ready to go when ever you'd like.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
The question is so vague that it's almost nonsensical.

There is almost 100% probability that there is other carbon-based 'life' in the _Universe_ (bacteria, and other simple organisms).

There is, currently, no proof that they are coming here.

[edit on 13-2-2008 by Badge01]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join