It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Feeling of Love

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I got kind of a weird question...you konw when you love someone you got a kinda weird feeling in your chest? Does anyone know what that feeling really is? The technical term. Its been bothering me for a few days trying to figure out what it really is.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Why yes, I think maybe you've answered your very own thread! Good on you

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by magestica
Why yes, I think maybe you've answered your very own thread! Good on you

I mean whats really causing it?

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Some guys have to take things apart to see how they work, in the hope of putting them back together.

Be sure you have your warranty regulations and technical specifications handy before you undo that first proprietary screw with a makeshift allen key.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Some guys have to take things apart to see how they work, in the hope of putting them back together.

Be sure you have your warranty regulations and technical specifications handy before you undo that first proprietary screw with a makeshift allen key.

VERRRRRYY Good advice.

Enjoy the feeling. Nevermind the physiological roots of it, just enjoy it.

(besides, I looked and couldn't find the term lol)

Peace,
BG

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I think it happends because you love someone. I love a girl...but I'm afraid to tell her...we talk sometimes...but it's tough being afraid to tell her

Jim

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
If you flat out tell that you love her without building a relationship first then the results can be catastrophic.

[Edited on 22-3-2004 by oconnection]

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
I got kind of a weird question...you konw when you love someone you got a kinda weird feeling in your chest? Does anyone know what that feeling really is? The technical term. Its been bothering me for a few days trying to figure out what it really is.

not so much in my chest but more in my stomach

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
ive had that feeling in my stomach as well, but i wanna know something...ive gotten that feeling before just by seeing two ppl kiss(and i wasnt in love with either of them) and there was someone i really really liked alot and i nvr got that feeling with him. why is that?

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I think it's caused by endorphine produced by your brain, if that's what you wanted to know.

I hate that feeling. It can screw a guy's mind.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
The feeling I get is butterflies in my stomach, sweaty palms and rapid heart rate. I then start talking really fast- it is so embarrassing. I have to say I do not know what causes it, endorphins or pheromones. Either way I love being in love but could do without those physical consequences.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Just accept it.

Believe me, you will know when you are really in love. Nothing and no-one else will exist for you. Of course it would help if you fell someone as cute as KayEm, because then you would know straight away that you are truly in love.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   
*sighs* i've only really felt this once in my life but that went nowhere, really miss her and she'll never know how i really felt.

i dont know, i kinda have given up looking for anyone anymore, its all a big pain and i come to find romantic love as a selfish thing to want or look for, especially when you dont deserve it and it needlessly drags someone to depression because you were too selfish to stop it before it was too late.

i dont think real love is what we think it is and i'll shut up now before i get all philosophical here.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 04:39 AM
link   
cant remember exactly but what I read was when you are in love or attracted to someone or something, you�re adrenalin and hormones get released vaster than normal and you�re body cant handle the amount its releasing then the rest of it are sent to the stomach where there happens something chemical that�s were the butterflies feeling cams from.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I've been lucky to have been truly 100% in love not only once but twice. It's hte best feeling in the world. You almost feel like you're walking on air, you feel invincible. It's a great feeling and I look forward to having it again, and this time.... permanently.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by vaswegpg
cant remember exactly but what I read was when you are in love or attracted to someone or something, you�re adrenalin and hormones get released vaster than normal and you�re body cant handle the amount its releasing then the rest of it are sent to the stomach where there happens something chemical that�s were the butterflies feeling cams from.

Thanks for the explanation, is that what those darn butterflies are???LOL, ok now I know there is a physical reason for it- I am surprised someone hasn't invented the love pill or the anti- love pill.

top topics

join