It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever been attacked by "The Hag"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
www.biography.com...

This is about a young girl and her roomate who were attacked by an entity called "The Hag".
Bio had this on..I guess this has been historically documented over hundreds of years. Talk about creepy..I must've woke up 3/4 times looking around hoping not to see this creepy ghost..demon..whatever.
Thought AtSers could add

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I may have been once, because I woke up, and there was an huge amount of weight on my chest, though it was probably my cat who I just couldn't see in the darkness.
It was still creepy though, because you imagination tends to be very active at night, especially in the dark (and when you're alone.)

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I wouldn't worry about 'the Hag'. It's just my ex-girlfriend. If you find her in your room you can appease her with a bottle of vodka. Or you can draw a circle out of Canesten. around your bed, that will keep her at bay...

peace..

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Interesting signiture rock ape

Very disturbing, yet I like it.

[edit on 11-2-2008 by kagutuchi]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Yes, I'm sad to say. I have. In my case it was the 'male' version.

Only happened once. That's all it takes. Once experienced, never forgotten.

Forgive the brevity, but I've recounted my experience of this phenomenon in earlier threads.

Don't be surprised if you're soon treated to the supposedly 'official' reason for the Hag, which will attempt to convince that it's all pysiological .. in other words, 'not true' or 'not the way it feels and seems'.

I've also debated these claims in earlier threads with those who seem strangely driven to convince that the Hag experience 'isn't true'. They'll do all in their power to convince that thousands of people, since the beginning of time have 'not' experienced the Hag at all, regardless of their very clear recollection of the experience.

Odd, isn't it ? A person can be selected to serve on a jury ... or be called upon to give witness evidence in court at which other's lives may be in the balance ... may be doctors, teachers, policemen, military .. may be regarded by all in their community as trustworthy, lifelong. Their word is accepted as reliable and true. But if those same people recount their Hag experience, they're informed by those who were NOT there at the time, that they didn't experience the Hag at all. Like children, they're instructed in what they supposedly 'did' experience by total strangers in an online forum, who've read the 'official explanation' for the Hag and now feel compelled to repeat that 'official explanation' at every opportunity, even though they were NOT present and may NOT have experienced the Hag themselves.

Yes, I have experienced the 'male' version of the Hag. I saw it with my own eyes. It changed form during the moments I observed it (in terror). It began as a shapeless black form to the left of the end of my bed. My window was open, as usual. The hall light was on a few metres away, as usual and my bedroom door was open. My bedroom was painted in a light pastel shade. The bed's quilt cover was also a light colour. Minimal furniture to create confusing shadows. In short .. I had a pretty good view of it.

As it clambered upon me, it swiftly changed from a shapeless black form to a basically humanoid form. Humped type of back. Revolting ! It was extremely powerful .. of will and I suspect of body. Evil thing. Black all through.

My mind automatically began praying. I didn't even have time to think of an escape plan .. but my mind immediately commenced praying .. in urgency ! And I don't care WHAT the 'official version' says regarding the Hag .. I know that the power of my desperate prayers defeated it. If it had been a 'psysiological' event, prayer wouldn't have had the slightest effect .. obviously.

After the Hag had slithered away .. I ran to a family member's bedroom and literally stood whimpering like a six year old .. too shocked and terrified to speak. I was desperate to be near another human. I remained in the other person's bed with them (to their great discomfort) until morning's light. The experience scared the daylights out of me.

You won't hear me saying in this or any other forum that I've seen a UFO .. because I haven't. But I have experienced the Hag.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kagutuchi

If you like that quote from Rock Ape, you can find that one and several like it here:

Deep Thoughts: Not By Jack Handy

I have always heard the Hag stories in conjunction with sleep paralysis, which I have had several time and to me is one of the most unpleasant experiences I can remember. I have never opened my eyes during an episode though mostly because I am busy concentrating all my will to get my body moving again. A couple of times I have imagined or "felt" like there was an evil presence in the room but have always chalked that up to my fear of being immobile. Needless to say, after reading Dock6's account, I don't think I will try to open my eyes. _javascript:icon('
')
_javascript:icon('
')

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
There is nothing paranormal about "Old Hag" syndrome.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Well it certainly isn't normal..

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
BlackProjects...

do a search on ATS for sleep paralysis threads.

There a several with some interesting experiences for you to read.
I have also experienced the hag. My husband did too at the same time.

It was not sleep paralysis...something else

take care
res

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by resistancia

I daresay when you get two people experiencing the same thing at the same time, it lends credence to the matter.

I've had an experience...not sure if its similar or at all related, but its one that's etched into my memory pretty well. I was 8 or 9 at the time, and I remember spontaneously waking up and having an odd urge to look round the end of my bed and out the door down the landing. When I did, I saw something...it was about 5ft7, and was a black flowing object, like it was made of smoke. It was just outside the door to my parents room, so maybe about 8 or 9 feet from my dad's side of the bed. I remember thinking "what the heck is that?" and being a kid, I threw a shoe at it...as soon as the shoe touched it, it resolved into a sort of humanoid shape, with browny black skin. The texture was...well..it was sorta like a sultana texture. Wrinkled looking. And it had two large, featureless blood red eyes. I remember it snarling at me...well...not snarling...looking at me and me getting the impression it was snarling....and then I was slightly too terrified and ducked back into my room and hid under the covers.

I remember waking up in the morning and desperately hoping it was all a dream, because it spooked the hell out of me. Naturally I didn't say anything to my parents, as being only 8 or 9 at the time, they would just tell me I was making it up. Is this similar to anyone's experiences of the Hag in any way?

Oh, further note. When I was that age, I frequently had strange dreams involving my parents room. One involved seeing white smoky faces in the wall, laughing at me as I was dragged around the room by an invisible force, with my father standing there screaming. I'm happy to post this stuff in another thread if anyone wants more info.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Rock Ape

AHAHA best advice I seen this year so far. you sir, is my favorite member now.

on a serious note, i think this might be related to nightmare-can't move but awake phenomena. trust me on this. after liters of beer and kilos of chinese food, i'm always chased by "the hag". very scary feeling when your half-asleep half awake but can't move. my reaction (learned from my grandpa), try to wiggle your toes until you wake up, i'm not even kidding...

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
AlphaOftheOmega....

That is very creepy...I can not recall anything like this when I was young.

My experience was back around 1994, we had the house on the market and just out of the blue one night I woke suddenly very alert mind you, with a weight on my chest, pinning me down and I could make out a black shape over me. No eyes or other facial features, just the black shape and when I began to struggle and tried to scream, it backed off and vanished.

This happened several times in the space of perhaps two months. The final experience is the most chilling for me.

Whilst I was undergoing the visit by the black shape, my husband was also awake. I was unaware of this and as I was struggling to get free, he was trying to turn from his stomach to help me as he could hear me trying to scream. He was pinned down by something and could not move. The thing backed off, as usual and we both realised we had been awake and experienced it together.

My husband is not a stomach sleeper, does not believe in the paranormal, supernatural, whatever. But he will honestly tell you to this day that we both experienced was something that has him baffled.

By the way, that last visit was just after we got a buyer for the house.

I have read that sleep paralysis can be attributed to stress in one's life. Well I do not agree. I have been under way more stress since then and I have not had a visit from the balck shape again. It was NOT sleep paralysis.

res

[edit on 11-2-2008 by resistancia -spelling]

[edit on 11-2-2008 by resistancia]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I too have been attacked in this manner on many occasions, at least 4 or 5 times. I didn't know it was called "The Hag". I will tell you my story.

The first time it happened I was in the middle of an astral projection. I went into the hallway and saw a dark shadow at the other end of the hall. Now, I often sleep with crystals and I have discovered some of their uses on the astral plane. I had a quartz generator in my hand when it attacked me and I used it to fight back, sending light. No luck, wrong stone for the job. I was thrown back into my body where felt a powerful draining from my solar plexus, painful but numbing at the same time. I was being drained from my energy body not my physical. I couldn't move, I could silently (or psychically) scream however...

The paralysis thing for me is more like being stuck in between the astral and physical bodies. Being conscious of both but being unable to move either.

In subsequent attacks I found that amber on the solar plexus ends/prevents the attack. I also tried Mantras, one or two worked. Om Namah Shivaya was one that worked for me. (I've found this also helps to stabilize the astral body while traveling.)

The most recent heavy attack was over a year ago, at that time I ended the attack by visualizing my solar plexus as the sun, I mean a blazing, light giving ball of fire! I then did the same with all the chakras in their appropriate color for protection.

I don't know if this is the same thing you guys are talking about, but if it is I hope "The Hag" is getting as tired of fighting me as I am of her.

Don't be afraid. Just kick its ass.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I think the "old hag" could be the same as the caribbean vampire the "old higue".
I have thread on it that may be of interest to some....

Vampires from the Caribbean

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by resistancia
AlphaOftheOmega....

That is very creepy...I can not recall anything like this when I was young.

My experience was back around 1994, we had the house on the market and just out of the blue one night I woke suddenly very alert mind you, with a weight on my chest, pinning me down and I could make out a black shape over me. No eyes or other facial features, just the black shape and when I began to struggle and tried to scream, it backed off and vanished.

This happened several times in the space of perhaps two months. The final experience is the most chilling for me.

Whilst I was undergoing the visit by the black shape, my husband was also awake. I was unaware of this and as I was struggling to get free, he was trying to turn from his stomach to help me as he could hear me trying to scream. He was pinned down by something and could not move. The thing backed off, as usual and we both realised we had been awake and experienced it together.

My husband is not a stomach sleeper, does not believe in the paranormal, supernatural, whatever. But he will honestly tell you to this day that we both experienced was something that has him baffled.

By the way, that last visit was just after we got a buyer for the house.

I have read that sleep paralysis can be attributed to stress in one's life. Well I do not agree. I have been under way more stress since then and I have not had a visit from the balck shape again. It was NOT sleep paralysis

Glad you posted this, Resistancia. The dual experience of you and your husband dismisses the predictable 'sleep paralysis' claims in response to virtually every mention of the Hag.

Oddly enough, my experience of the Hag occurred in approx. 1994 .. in Oz. We'd recently purchased and moved into a brand new town-house.on the Gold Coast. Probably one of the most relaxed periods in my life to that date. I used to sink into sleep with an 'all's well' feeling.

Which makes the Hag's appearance all the more puzzling. And it certainly couldn't be attributed to stress.

Like you, I awoke out of the blue .. immediately saw the thing in the area beyond the foot of the bed. I've always thought it must have been instinct that awoke me .. or a guardian spirit or something.

I wasn't paralysed. While I was trying to see what it was, it moved very fast. Seemed to 'flow' up the end of the bed and then towards me .. changing more and more to humanoid shape as it progressed. And it continued to become more 'human' in form as the seconds ticked. When I first saw it, upon awakening, it was just a black mass, about adult size but with no definite shape. By the time it had completed its transformation and was bearing down on me, it was a bulging hulking thing, with a hump type back and very powerful body, arms, neck, etc. All black. Very powerful and it tries to take over your mind .. take your will. It's a sexual predator. It believes it has all the advantage. But clearly it transgresses some otherworldly 'law', because it's yanked back when its victims defend themselves via whatever means.

A possible explanation may be that these entities are lust-filled spirits which prey on the living. Very possible what appears to be one entity may be a coalescence of numerous lust-filled spirits which form a 'mass' and adopt humanoid form. Which may account for Hags' immense power and lust and attempts to 'take over' the will of the victim. The Hag may actually be a 'gang'.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Its funny that I stumbled across this thread...I dont actually visit this site - my younger brother does and he just happened to leave this web page open on his PC when I was going to check fbook.

I have experienced 'the hag' or what I have also read to be referred to as 'the nighmare' which resembles a demond like creature that perches itself up onto your chest whilst you are asleep.

I am now 27 years old. I experienced 'the hag' (which I also read to be an astral projection experience) when I was 19 and going through a phase of life that was emotionally stressful... some would say I was really quite vulnerable at the time.

This would happen at night and sometimes even during the day when I napped, whereby I would become concious but could not fully wake... causing a sense of panic to come over me thinking I was about to 'drift away', or die. I would try with all my might to wake myself up... I would even be screaming to my partner asleep next to me in hope that he would physically shake me awake.. until eventually my limbs were allowed to move and I could shake myself into conciousness. Offcouse, it was only once I sat bolt upright in bed that I'd rouse my partner... because up until that point I was still and silent.
This carried on for a couple of months... sometimes it would happen 3 nights in a row, and sometimes it would not happen for 5 days - convincing me it had gone away. Towards the end it was all becoming pretty distressing as this experience was becoming stronger, lasting longer, and occurring more frequently.

To me, the nature of 'the hag' was menacing.

It all stopped though (not a moment too soon), and I believe it was due to 1 of 2 things:-

1. I discovered that whilst my limbs felt paralysed preventing me from shaking myself awake... the tips of my fingeres and toes weren't. I found that if I twitched my fingeres and toes madly that would eventually bring feeling back into my hands, feet, forearms and calves. From there I could easily shake myself awake in a matter of seconds.

2. I got myself a cat.

Interestingly though... reading the statement about the 'male version'... I had the exact same experience for the first time on Wednesday night... pretty much exactly how the last person described - all black, tall, powerful with a very well defined bone structure.
This has never happened before and I dont understand it... and it WAS frighteningly real.

Agit8dChop's Sister

[edit on 15-2-2008 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I'm going re-open this thread up

A few years back I was sleeping in my room when a heard a sound at the entrance to my apartment. I was in a kinda hazy state I perceived my eyes where open but the room was dimly with little light.
Moments passed, what was at the door gained entry. As the intruder gradually came closer to the door way of my bed room my anxiety and fear heightened. When it arrived at the door way, it stood there for a few moments. I was unable to move of course and felt an over whelming sense of danger.
This shadowy entity than gradually came closer to me almost as if relishing my fear. I sense it right by my face, it spoke no #ting ." I will kill you !" At this point I felt as helpless as a child and started to whimper , "leave me alone". It than meticulous climbed onto my chest. I'm not much a religious type I consider my self an agnostic, I started to prey trying to remember our father. In my sleep sate I grab this shadow by the neck and throw it off me. I came too. I must note my arms where still under the covers , so in reality my arm did not move to grab the specter. After this I felt calm and relaxed. I paced the apartment for some time trying to comprehend the incident, than when back to bed.
Weeks later I decided to research my experience, I read the scientific explanations for S.P., but also read folk lore. Not sure if you heard of the old hag story ,but I had the classic encounter. Was it a thing of my mind or something else , I did live right by Toronto's biggest cemetery. There is more I could add regarding my research findings, but this post is already quite long.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Yes I have had similar experiences, and I had sleep paralysis each time. I'm not sure if I remember the hag on my chest. Anyway here's just a few of my experiences.

1. Once I was sleeping on my side, and there was a REALLY creepy precence right behind my head, I could almost feel it's breath on the back of my neck. It was behind me so close and I couldn't move! Then suddenly I felt it poke me on my back. lol now that was creepy. After a few seconds I could move. And nothing was there.

2. I woke up paralysed, lying on my back. Suddenly I felt something on my face, it was a huge spider! walking slowly over my face! I couldn't move!!
After about a minuite. I could move, I ran and put the light on. And it was NOWHERE to be found. I looked everywhere. It really felt real.

3. I woke up to a floating skeleton robot looking thing above me. Never seen anything like it lol.

4. I've woken up to a few more of these. Each time I was having sleep paralysis.

So I come to three conclusions.

1. When you have sleep paralysis. Your awake physicly, but at the same time your dreaming. Making everything appear real.

2. Sleep paralysis causes you to see another dimenson. And these creatures are entities and some can appear like anything they want to.

3. Something else.

By the way, I have talked to quite a few people, like my father, and mother etc, who have experienced something creepy sitting on their chest, and they couldn't move. And another experience of something grabbing their wrists, and one time trying to pull the sheets off their bed etc.

[edit on 6-4-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   

There are different forms of hags. The hag from European folklore is supernaturally ugly, associated with the devil and depicted sometimes as a witch. Hags are known to use a human as a mount and will "ride" them in their sleep, hence the term 'hag-ridden'. During sleep, a hag will climb onto a man's stomach or chest and will "ride" him. This will cause the man great discomfort and nightmares, and even, if the hag continues to ride the man, death.
[/quote p.s. If sexual arousal is present could also be a succubus/incubus.]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
All very creepy stories and I appreciate being able to share your experiences, thanks for sharing them with all of us

My experiences with "the hag" began and ended in the same house and I find that a bit strange. I know that no-one can answer my questions but just for interest sake...

Why has it not happened in the last 2 homes I've lived in ?

Why did the experience begin and cease suddenly ?

Why for such a short time span, say a few months?

Why when we got a buyer for the house did it cease ?

Are there documented cases of this happening to two individuals at the same time? (My husband pinned face down)

Why on the last visit was the 'black thing' accompanied by a small childlike
entity that vanished before my eyes when I sat up in bed to assist it (thinking it was my youngest son and I had been awoke for a while in the dark, just laying there with the moon shining into the room) ?

If it is stress that causes this 'manifestation' (for want of better term) then why do I not experience this more regularly ? (It has been 12 years since it ceased and my stress levels are unfortunately greater).

Finally...very out there I know (but a possibility) were we abducted by aliens ?

There are so many unanswered questions. So much we do not understand about our own psyche, sleep, dimensions and all sorts of other stuff that just befuddles me.

I actually do not buy the 'sleep paralysis' theory. I do not think anyone really knows what this visitor is.

take care all....sweet dreams

res

[edit on 7-4-2008 by resistancia]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join