It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No parachutes!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I sometimes wonder why there's no parachute under the seat of a commercial airline. All we have is a life jacket and thats it. Don't you find that weird? You are in flying in the air and they have a life jacket to save you. What's the use of a life jacket on an airplane? It's supposed to be used when you are on a boat.

So, when the plane starts to crash, all you need to do is wear the life jacket under the seat, and you jump out of the plane and that supposed to save you? lol.

Wouldn't it be great if they design an escape pod on every seat? Each seat having its own parachute and an escape hatch? All they need to do is press the red button, the hatch opens under the seat and off you go and the parachute is engaged at a certain altitude. Wouldn't this save more lives if the airplane is hijacked or malfunctioning?

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I think having parachutes on commercial airlines would be a great idea. Like you said, what the hell is a lifejacket going to do.... Yeah it may save lives if you land in the water, but what if your over land.....?

Anyway i know this is BTS and people come here to get away from ATS, but how many lives would have parachutes saved on 911? Saying that, it would have saved lives only if they could have gotten past the hijackers, but still i think it should be a MUST for all airliners..

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
They are probly not on air planes, because people would grab the chut, and hop out the back door...

That would be dangerious, and not to mention, Parachuttes are expensive...

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by JDN24
Anyway i know this is BTS and people come here to get away from ATS, but how many lives would have parachutes saved on 911? Saying that, it would have saved lives only if they could have gotten past the hijackers, but still i think it should be a MUST for all airliners..

Yes, indeed it is a must. Because every time I travel on an airplane, I always have this fear of uncertainty if the plane is going to have problems or not. I am not secured and I always think if I only have a parachute that would rest my mind. At least I have a chance in surviving rather that none. The safest place in the plane is the emergency exit. But whats the use of this exit if you don't have a parachute. lol.

And I tend to laugh when I read the instruction manual in how to evac the plane in an emergency. You wear a life jacket. Am I going to swim in the air? It's like having a parachute on a ship. lol

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
They are probly not on air planes, because people would grab the chut, and hop out the back door...

That would be dangerious, and not to mention, Parachuttes are expensive...

I have confidence in our engineers. They can figure this out. I propose an escape pod on each seat like a bomb bay and each seat will be enclosed with a high impact shock proof and bullet proof plastic shell. It would be like a space shuttle pod with parachutes.

It might be expensive, but life is priceless.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Now I wonder if the airlines will allow one parachute as a carry on.

top topics

join