It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chavez Threatens to Halt Oil Sales to US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Chavez Threatens to Halt Oil Sales to US

ap.google.com

President Hugo Chavez on Sunday threatened to cut off oil sales to the United States in an "economic war" if Exxon Mobil Corp. wins court judgments to seize billions of dollars in Venezuelan assets.

Exxon Mobil has gone after the assets of state oil company Petroleos de Venezuela SA in U.S., British and Dutch courts as it challenges the nationalization of a multibillion dollar oil project by Chavez's government.

A British court has issued an injunction "freezing" as much as $12 billion in assets.

"If you end up freezing (Venezuelan assets) and it harms us, we're going to harm you," Chavez said during his weekly radio and television program, "Hello, President." "Do you know how? We aren't going to send oil to the United States. Take note, Mr. Bush, Mr. Danger."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
You know other countries can only take being bullied so long, if they have something we want, and we push and push for it, they will push back. Is this a sign that so many countries are pulling away from us policys. I can see oil prices continue to climb. All i can say is good, i can't afford it but hell maybe it can hurry some of the new tech soon. I have read so many articles about iran, russia, china, Venezuela, and many others turning there backs to the wall on the west. The question i ask, what have the United States goernment done in the background that has all these nations backs against the wall. Now say we piss off china, where would we get all our cheap crap from. Since a good majority of corporations have moved there manufacturing facilitys there. I feel so harsh against companies that do this. I was told in many corporate meetings that wages are such a small part of the overall money of big corps, yet it is the one thing they say is the reason why they moved the factory. I understand the idea of remaining competative, but it is getting crazy. This is another sign of big corporations pushing a government more and more with there corrupt laws to give in to them. The fact of the matter is with the massive growth of china and india, oil and many other resources are going thin, so what next. Another war to control it, so we can make more crap that we dont need for another 5 years until we run out there and have to move onto the next country. To what limit we will we go, when will enough be enough. I fear we all are on the path to destruction. thanx mr. bush, you have left on hell of a legacy.

ap.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Topic already posted here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please join existing discussion.

Thread closed.

join