It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Anyone Else Weirded Out By The DHS Ads?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Well?

Is anyone else just a little weirded out by the fact that the Department of Homeland Security is now advertising on ATS?

Frankly, those are two logos I never thought I'd see side by side.

I realize we're now the biggest (and best) site of this genre, and this fact would naturally attract advertisers with deeper pockets, but...

Would accepting ads from an entity abounding members suspect of being a tool of many of the very conspiracies we examine bode well for the perceived independence of our beloved ATS?

Is the ATS appearance of autonomy now just an illusion?

How carefully are the ads screened for relevance?

Is this a way for the DHS to not so subtly make it known: we're watching you?

Am I being overly paranoid?

Is this thread in the correct forum?

Hmmm...

Wait a minute, what's that banging?

Oh.

Excuse me, I have to go see who's shouting at the door for me to open up...

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Homeland Security makes me paranoid ALWAYS! I have noticed that they are having classes or courses on how to be prepared if terrorist attacks happen, in schools also. I have seen commercials about 'have you got a plan if an act of mass destruction happens in your area?'. DO WHAT???!! Here's your sign! They know it is going to happen(it was our Governor on the ad). It would help tremendously if they would tell us WHEN.....

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg
How carefully are the ads screened for relevance?

The display ads come to us through a number of networks:
TribalFusion
ValueClick
Casale Media
Advertising.com
Specific Media

We have very little ability to "select" ads on these types of networks... most often we negate ad campaigns have have sound or inappropriate images.

I dunno... I think it's kinda interesting that, in some small way, ATS is pinching the wallet of DHS.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I still say EWWW GROSS!!!

Department of Protecting The Motherland...ehem I mean Homeland Security.

We wouldn't wanna stir up disturbing memories of past atrocities, now would we?

What's next?

"Do you have what it takes to report dissenters? Call DHS, and we'll knock 'em down and drag 'em out!"

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
I dunno... I think it's kinda interesting that, in some small way, ATS is pinching the wallet of DHS.

Thanks SO!

That makes me feel a little better...

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Havn't noticed these ads in particular. One ad i have noticed on AM radio lately is the Register for selective service ads. Seems that AM radio has more of the public service type ads, and I do remember these ads from simpler times. However, I find it a little unsettling the amount of them that I'm hearing.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Everyhting is "compartmentalized." In this case, DHS has an advertising budget and farmed it out to whoever. I do think it is quite ironic that it ended up here. To be honest though, I am more concerned about the traffic here being monitored than anything else.

reply to post by jefwane

I thought I was part of the last generation who even knew what Selective Service was. When my brother joined the Army, his recruiter almost fell on the floor when my brother was actually able to produce his card.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

Don't we as tax payers fund those ads? How ironic for one to end up on a conspiracy site! Your tax dollars at work, folks!

top topics

join