It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Points how to get them?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I've been wondering...............

How do you achieve points to your profile like BTS and ATS and the PTS points?

Thanks,
xwx

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I am pretty good at getting negative points.

But if thats not what you are after try this:

[edit on 10-2-2008 by tommyknockers]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
You get points by submitting threads or posting comments to threads.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
And if you write anything that is deemed to be worthy, you may be awarded extra points by any one of ATS staff members or forum subject matter experts (FSME).

you can always try using the search function in the top right corner area to find anything you may need, or, ultimately look here;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Aye, and the more applauses you get, the deeper the red colour component of your post bar gets. Details here. Frankly I see the colour changes as far more interesting than the points themselves.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by xweaponx

Participate.....Participate....Participate!

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
As many have noted the easiest way to get points is by making quality posts. A great post will get you applause which is worth 500 points on ATS and 1500 on PTS.

Here at ATS quality always trumps quanity

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
What does it actually mean when you have a - near your points..?

As you can see i actually have -1325 BTS Points... How can i get rid of that? Is it good/bad?

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by JDN24
What does it actually mean when you have a - near your points..?

Generally it's one of two things.

A) You were penalized points for receiving one or more warnings.

B) You used "Combined Points" to purchase something (like a background color, more upload space, etc.) from the ATS store, and instead of taking them from your available points, the system dipped one of your point totals into negative range.

Originally posted by JDN24
As you can see i actually have -1325 BTS Points... How can i get rid of that? Is it good/bad?

As long as you're not receiving warnings on a regular basis, it's neither good nor bad.

The only ways, that I know of, to get rid of it are to post on BTS untill they're back over 0, or to ask a staff member for assistance.

[edit on 2/11/08 by redmage]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma
Aye, and the more applauses you get, the deeper the red colour component of your post bar gets. Details here. Frankly I see the colour changes as far more interesting than the points themselves.

I don't think thats completely right. Mine hasn't changed colors at all.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
Mine hasn't changed colors at all.

While you may not have noticed such a gradual change, trust that it has. Your bar is brighter now than when you joined.

It used to be that after so many applause (IIRC: 100) your bar would "break", and turn black. If you dig around a bit, I'm sure you can find a few of the old congratulatory threads for members who achieved the "Black Bar of Doom". The last member I remember achieving that feat was Regenmacher. His applause/post ratio was very impressive, and I believe it set the record of attaining a broken bar with the fewest posts.

The "Black Bar of Doom" effect has been fixed, but I think they still get brighter as you receive applause.

Edit to add link.

[edit on 2/11/08 by redmage]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Yeah after I posted I was thinking it probably did change, but I just didn't notice.

I still like the old bars better though.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by redmage

101 actually. I was looking forward to breaking the bar (though I still have a long way to go). And then SO changed the code.

Oh well..

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Thank you all for the replies! Now I understand better. Starting to really love this place.....maybe I can call it home?

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by xweaponx
How do you achieve points to your profile like BTS and ATS and the PTS points?

One of the easiest ways to get a lot of ATS points is dig through some Mars or Moon images and find anything that vaguely resembles a face or a monkey or a Taco Bell, blow it up until it's all blurry and pixelated and post it with some reference in the Subject line to it being some kind of "smoking gun," or "mistake by evil NASA." Use more exclamation marks to get more points. Try to post three or more a week. That should do it.

[edit on 11-2-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Not entirely helpful, Nohup, but I'm a sucker for the satire, so "well said."

top topics

join