It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Identify this land feature

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Can anyone identify this land feature? It is not plow lines, they are much to wide and distinct. One idea I have is maybe terracing (if it is a hill) for soil conservation purposes, but I can't get straight what the diagonal lines are for. I haven't ever seen anything like this before and am hoping some one can help to explain it. I'll get a snap of some plowed ground up for a comparison.

img.photobucket.com...

[edit on 2-10-2008 by Valhall]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Here is a piece of plowed ground just a little bit away from the first pic. It is at the exact same zoom level as the first pic.

img.photobucket.com...

Note how the individual plow lines are almost undiscernable compared to the wide distinct lines in the first one.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Okay, this one may be stranger than the first one.

img.photobucket.com...

O_O

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I don't see anything strange about either of those personally

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I'm starting to think the first one is a wheat or hay field that has been cut but not baled yet. That could explain it.

The second one is kind of odd though.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
where are they?

could be terraced farming.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Val,

It could be stacked hay waiting to be baled as mentioned, but it also looks alot like vineyard terracing we see up in Napa with the close spacing etc

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Fred,

Did you happen to look at this one?

img.photobucket.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Hi Val, they all look like home-made crop circles. You know the types made as a joke without the aid of computers and GPS coordinates?

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I think if you told us where those pics were from we might be able to decipher your question. If we knew where in the world it was and what kind of farming took place there it could be an easy solution to your puzzle.

join