It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

god IS a selfish being

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
ok this prob been said on here a number of times but here goes.

your god. there is only you in the void. you "think" up your self from the void. so then there is you AND the void as seperate things. then you ponder your power and think you want to make a race of beings THAT their sole purpose is to constantly sing and praise you for being good for being you and being good. so you happy with listening tho the gloria for a few eons. but your sick of it. so one day you think " all this spirit realm is boring now and these angels are loving me cause i made them to. sod it ill make matter and with it NEW time". so BANG the universe is born matter and new time are created. your happy and make beautiful things but it soon gets boring. so you make man and you give man free will. so if he choses to love you his love is all the better. anyway the long and short of it is their will be a judgement day. you already know this as you god you know all. plus heaven/old/god time can go say an hour but NEW time has gone thousands of years. your bored of your little experiment. you made all this stuff and these people to make your ego shine. so you think "right today ill have judgement day and all the nice things and the rest of the universe ill being back into me" and so the universe ends. matter and new time ends. and for what? think about it imagine you made this place ( the universe) with unimagineable things in it to see WHAT YOU CAN DO. when your bored with it . bang its gone. and there is just the void again. all for an ego trip to see what you can do and get a little ego pat on the back.

also you make man kind suffer so you force them to love you. EVEN though you give man free will. its like a child with a toy that doesnt want to share it witht the other children.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Think about it this way, if you meet a PERFECT person, are you going to look at them with high esteem? Maybe emulation?
Think, then if you met a perfect savior for mankind, but, still human.
Like, say, Neo, in the Matrix.
If he has saved men from inexplicable evil that they don't even know exists,
would you revere him as a superman?

O.K., What about THE perfect God who has saved you from evil that you are too blind to see? That's what Jesus did and more.

Worship comes with utter perfection and Love. Yahweh fulfilled ALL.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
k god cant be selish or anything cause then he wouldnt ant to share the world with us right plus god must have a woman god cause he made baby jesus

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
appaerently jesus was him. a part of him. but he wanted to know what it was like to die as a human but he still knew he was god didnt he?

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I'm just going throw this out there...

There probably isn't a God figure that we can understand. That doesn't mean there isn't one, I just don't think we have to worry about it. If people stopped worshipping him/her/it, it might get the point and try to do more for the consciousnesses it has created in a vast black space where nothing can hear us scream.

Anyway. Until then, I refuse to recognize any God figure. I don't need to be saved. If God is the creator of all evil, and I do sin/evil, then him/her/it can just damn well get over it, send me to hell or whatever and be done with it

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   
in total agreement there my man.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Firstly..God made the angels and humans at the same time basically, he did not make Angels and get bored with their praises, and then make humans, thats false.

secondly, God can't get bored. Your human mind doesn't understand what joys God endures and the saints..

for instance.. I play a video game, its awesome, I love it, yet at some point it gets boring.. This happens with everything in life, TV, Sports, everything is just a boost of agrenaline that doesnt last forever.

God fills the soul with such joy that it never ends, and you just don't understand what im talking about, but if you make it to heaven you will son......

thirdly, God doesn't have an ego.... He wants to be our freinds and doesn't want us to worship him out of fear but a communual relationship of love....

If I have a Dad, and I love that Dad, yet when im young I listen to that dad and place (myself) below him or he chastises me... God treats us like a father...

but the other is true... If we don't recognize him for what he is, then (we) are full of pride....

If someone gave me a sandwich and I was starving to death, yet I said to myself, why do I have to recoginze this person for giving me that sandwich?

Thats ungrateful foolishness... We treat God like the person that gave us the sandwich.......

Another thing is God isnt like a kid with toys that gets bored. Once again your mind doesnt or hasnt yet reached understanding...

God is love.. Hes not unjust...

There are some people on earth who never lied, never hurt anybody... There are some Judges who are full of justice, there are some people harmless like flies...

So if those people wouldnt do what you just said God does with humans, then how can God who that goodness came from?

I know for a fact that I myself if I was in control would not TOY with people, because its unjust.....

why does God? whom that goodness in me came from?

If it stems from God, then how can he be worse than his creatures.?

You just implied that God toys with people as if you wouldnt do it, yet your little goodness comes from him.

If I was a pear, a fruit hanging on a tree, and I fell and said to myself, im still good without being on the tree....

How can you get to where you are without recognizing where you came from?

Goodness and love are graces which God plants in us, not us ourselves.

and so your mind is young, your understanding is young, and I understand that...

Btw, to the last poster... God didnt creat Evil...

Evil is a deprivation of grace.... It stems from no graces no love ect..... and its a choice.... so the ones in hell chose it.....

If I had a house.... and a robber said to me.. can I live with you? I might hate you and your house then should God let that person live with them????

peace.

[edit on 3-3-2008 by TheBorg]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
The perceptions that people have of God are often the results of people facing life experiences. When people face adversity; i.e., the loss of a loved one, illness or other misfortunes, they might condemn God as being "selfish" or cruel.

I sincerely doubt that we can apply any human label upon God, as we know Him through the Bible.

[edit on 3/3/2008 by benevolent tyrant]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I agree

you got to realize that peoples understand blame God, meaning their lack of understanding..

like st paul said.

" these men blapsheme everything they don't understand "

yet in this case, I believe its just a young man confused.

peace.

new topics

top topics

join