It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hidden Politics of Economic Decline

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Justin Oldham

I agree Justin. I feel this issue definitely needs to be dealt with on a regular basis here on ATS. We always get the typical UFO, NWO stuff, which is great, but this issue effects all of us. It is not one that you believe exists or doesn't. It clearly does and it could potentially be the biggest threat we have against us right now. Forget about terrorists attacking us. When we wind up with no dollar that is of any value, terrorists will be the furthest thing from our minds.
Thanks for your response.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Well, that's why I'm here. To make sure this topic and many more get discussed. I've seen others on ATS going at this problem from different angles, which is also good.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
the fakers are having a much harder time of hiding the truth. ATS members have noted that the price of oil has closed above one hundred dollars a barrel. Some now bet that we'll see one-fifteen or even one-twenty before the summer driving season begins. It's been calculated that one-seventy-five or so would yield gas at about six dollars a gallon.

With the Bush administration continuing its big lie, we need to understand what the Democrats will do to us when they take office. We should expect them to expand the role of government in an attempt to save us from the very market forces that government unleashed on us in the first place.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Some times, the politics of economic decline are conducted out in the open, where we can see them. There's an important ATS duscussion thread that you should know about.

It's being reported that the Bush administration wants to re-organize the Federal Reserve.

According to a summary provided by the administration, the plan would consolidate an alphabet soup of banking and securities regulators into a powerful trio of overseers responsible for everything from banks and brokerage firms to hedge funds and private equity firms.

Source: New York Times

President Bush is due to give a speech about this consolidation on Monday, March 31st. He will praise this effort as a downsizing of government, and an improvement to the institution. What you're actually going to see is an act of desperation, and a power grab of epic proportions.

This is another dangerous step in the wrong direction, that can't easily be undone once it is in effect. Democrats and Republoicans alike should be ashamed of themselves for allowing this to go through. Once the Fed has non-transparant control of our national banking systems, they'll be in a position to tinker with the country's cash flow in ways that will only bring us pain and misery.

There is more than just greed involved here. President Bush is willing to do anything and everything to prevent total economic collapse while he's in office. I can hear the lie now. "I left office with the tools in place to combat this problem. Why didn't you guys do soemthing?"

The worst of it is that this under-reported maneuver will result in more centralized power, of the kind that I've been warning about.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Have you noticed that the Bush administration has changed its language since it reported on the changed it planned for the Federal Reserve? Mr. bush isn't so eager to deny the coming depression. I bring this to your attention for just one reason. It's more proof (to me) that Federal-level politicians are already busy exploiting this crisis...rather than...fixing it.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
In recent weeks, the Federal government has come in to conservatorship of three large corporations that, in total, play an important role in the U.S. economy. In the months to come, its possible that Uncle Sam will end up with the keys to a few more companies.

It's worth noting that our leaders aren't talking to us about the reforms that might be possible, thanks to their takeoever of these firms. At a time when we should be hearing about corporate reforms, we're only getting hollow rhetoric from the parties and their Presidential contenders. From where I sit, this is more proof of the hidden politics of economic decline.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AWingAndASigh

America has been targeted all right and this is truly the beginning of the worst depression in the history of mankind. Furthermore, there is a very vast conspiracy at the core of this and it one that most people will not be able to see at all. That conspiracy began before mankind was created and in our day and age, it will burst openly into the public affairs of our world. The ringleader of this conspiracy is Satan and for the human race, we first encountered this conspiracy in the Garden of Eden. You see, the nature of this conspiracy is that it is a conspiracy against God. Satan cannot strike God but he can and will strike out against us and that is precisely what is going to happen shortly. Satan's plan is to blind, mislead, and then kill as many as he can with the help of followers. I believe that we will see that soon. Prepare yourselves and your families for terrible times that lay ahead. If you seek proof of this conspiracy, just open your Bible. It is the Word of Truth. There is only one way out and that is to trust in the atoning work of Jesus on the cross almost 2000 years ago.

Regards to all,
A Christian Patriot

Nationalize the Federal Reserve now!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
The worst thing about this is the fact that we're NOT seeing any efforts to make a real fix. We ARE seeing efforts on the part of our leaders to do what's good for them. You will note that, in spite of the bailout, our leaders are still whining about the lack of money. As if the taxpayer is being stingy. Most of the bailout money will be spent by the end of next week. Itu's not hard to guess what they will want next. More money.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Justin Oldham

The bailout can be compared to buying a house . Sometimes a person will buy a house for a lesser price known as as a " doer upper , handyman dream " or something like that as the Real estate agents like to describe such property's . In those cases the buyer has something to work with weathers(SP?) in the case of the Bail Out the buyer has just purchased a mountain of worthless junk and that didn't come with a plot of land .

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Who says you can't find humor in this topic? Very good analogy.

The one question left to my mind is now the following:

How much more can our social and poliitcal elites take from us? How much more can they scam from the treasury? It's not likely that the stock market will go to zero, but it could go to three thousand.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justin Oldham
How much more can our social and poliitcal elites take from us?

Actually that is the perhaps the easiest question to answer amongst this topic even if I can give you an an exact figure . Just enough for them to sail into the sun set and avoid any of the consequences of getting us into this mess . I cant even leave if I owe fines of a certain value and these guys are going to get off scot free .

How much more can they scam from the treasury?

Enough for them to buy themselves more time so they can implement what ever escape routes they have planned .

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Just a few short hours ago, Secretary of the Treasury Hank Paulson telegraphed his next move to deal with he current economic crisis. He's letting us know in advance that he plans to buy a stake in the various anks that he intends to bail out. From where I sit, this is nothing less than a brazen exploitation of our dire situation.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Even thou this has a New Zealand focus I thought that the below article was worth noting on this thread .

One way to help ease the pain of this credit crunch could be to get the fifteen billion dollar New Zealand Superfund investing more of its cash in Kiwi firms and local infrastructure projects.

That is of course exactly what National has proposed. Leader John Key says National would require the fund to lift the local NZ Superfund fund investment to 40%.

source

The party that opposed the government buy back of the Rail system supports back door nationalism(SP?) of private firms . As much as investment in infrastructure in New Zealand is badly needed tampering with the Superfund and the possible future fund of NZ superannuation is a bad idea all round .

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Here in the States, I fully expect to see something like what your aticle references. Civilian Conservation Corps jobs kept something like three hundred thousand men and women in work during the Depression. Don has had a lot to say about that in the past.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
It's an economic coup to push the world into a one-world currency.

Sarkozy says the global financial crisis needs "worldwide solution"
edition.cnn.com...

As Rothchilde said:"Give me control of a nation's money
and I care not who makes the laws."

This plan has been put into effect for a quite a long time. Think about it. How long did it take bankrupt social security, force people to go into privatized pension programs, such as 401k and IRAs, that forced people to participate in the markets, then bankrupt the markets. I'm sure it's been planned even longer than that if you want to talk about biblical accounts, where it says that no one may buy or sell except that they're marked with the number of the beast. Are we headed to that point? It seems so, especially now with all the talk about a technological utopia, where money no longer exists, and look at all the lemmings who fall for it.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
There's no doubt in my own mind that our leader see this economic decline as an opportunity. They don't see this 'problem' as a real crisis. Like the Senators of declining rome, our own elected leaders today are disconnected from what's actually going on. I saw that about Republicans and Democrats.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join