It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If gods were aliens why have they disappeared

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
This is a really long post but I promise there is a point to it....

I am a hindu by birth but an atheist really. I am absolutely convinced that ancient Hindu gods were simply technologically advanced beings. If you carefully follow the interactions of the common "public" with the gods in hindu mythology, you will see that there is mention of special devices or mechanisms like

1. Vimanas (as i understand there is explicit mention of only one and the rest were just chariots which could fly, which i think is just exaggeration typical to mythology)
2. Brahmastras (Brama = name of god, astra = weapon, these were arrows which once "released" could not be stopped and had effects on the scale of nuclear weapons)
3. Television like ability gifted to a person. etc...

However the most interesting bit is that one way or another all of these were gifted to a particular individual by a "God". It is common to Hindu mythology that the gods would fulfill "one" wish if you managed to please them (typically through long term meditation with the gods name).

Now if you think over this, most of these "magical" things are actually a reality today. So if we could find a planet like earth out there which is as many years behind us we could actually be gods for them. Which just means that the Gods could very possibly be aliens (or just humans who have travelled back in time and so on..).

However my point is, the question is not whether Gods could have been aliens (if there really were gods they were definitely aliens), the question is why dont we see them any longer??

And my answer is, what would we do if we suddenly found a planet with "beings" some thousand years behind us technologically?

We might send some people to the planet who would become their gods overnight who could gift them their dream if they wished. Can you imagine the mayhem that would cause. It is like people invading animal sanctuaries. All natural balances would be broken because rather than a civilization learning from its mistakes it would always look towards a few gods for all direction. It is like giving someone a nuclear weapon vs letting him build one from scratch. The latter is safer because by the time someone manages to build it he will also have matured enough not to use it. (Yeah we dropped two but thats exactly the point, we now know how dangerous that is and and that if we are to survive we cant use it any more...)

Maybe people from some planet like ours, some thousand years back did find us and made the mistake of playing god. Maybe after a while they realized that all civilizations must go through the entire evolution process. Maybe they realized that you cant put a civilization on steroids because it will eventually lead to ruin. Dont we let primitive tribes which live in forests to live by themselves unless they ask for help. Why do you think it would not be the case between an advanced and a relatively primitive civilization like ours.

So maybe we did have alien gods who realised we could live and develop by ourselves and if they stayed on longer they would only be creating more problems. And maybe their government made a policy of non-interference untill we found them ourselves. Maybe there are UFOs but they are only permitted by their law to study us "invisibly". Maybe they have "Discovery Channel" which shows how we live and how they themselves would have been years and years back....

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I think many "gods" killed each other. I think ancient nuclear wars destroyed them just like it destroyed their deluded followers, and that in turn led to the remaining gods going undercover since they no longer had enough resources and power to lord (or lady) it over humanity any more.

The surviving gods were exterminated in the medieval period or have in fact remained with us, working in secret.

Most of these ancient "gods" had temple precincts or some other hidden area where they could relax, eat people, and take off their disguises.

Hence the universal stories about "don't look at god", a god's shining countenance, Cupid and Psyche and so on.

If we want to see what a post-NWO world will be like we need only look to the ancient past, where an inbred elite of monstrous humanoids and half-breed "heroes" presided over orgies, mass murder, rape and torture for the amusement or purposes of the "gods" above them. And on the nature of those gods- clearly not human, clearly not simple flesh like us... But mortal.

I think the last coherent group of "gods" of this type were those of the Vikings. And a handful of others scattered across the globe but the Vikings had "gods" and their half-breeds -- half-elves and half-trolls -- down into recent historical times.

Days of Noah, man. Days of Noah.

join