It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We Being Left Behind?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I'm not usually one to respond to this kind of thread, but i have a simple commonsense postulation: if they were conducting some sort of evacuation, why would they draw attention by flying passenger planes in formation?

They could just leave one-at-a-time every 5 minutes and seem like business as usual. Hmmm...

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
reply to post by Qwenn

So Quenn where are you located?
Where did this 'friend' of yours work, live and leave?

I would think jst leaving things unpaid and disappearing would be AOK if it was kaput for the rest of us........

Not even close to the truth, I would suggest that anyone who "knew" the end was coming would sell their house for maybe $80k which would be just enough to buy some weapons, clothing, food, booze and a good time at a place of ill repute. Keep the loan and let the banks try and recover the amount owed in the dust/wake of what ever happends.

Come on people wake up here for goodness sakes, if you knew that your home would be worthless in 6-12-18 months you would sell it for next to nothing and spend up big on stuff to take with you were ever you were going. Pure Bunk nothing more .

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
i am not sure what to make of all this apocalyptic stuff, but i'll give you a warning:

if people vanish without a trace, you don't know if they're still alive.

conversely, such a contrived or real emergency can be used to make people ignore the obvious, namely that all these vanished people

(i'll give you an example) www.abovetopsecret.com...

won't return, because they are dead.

let that sink in please.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Universal Mind
reply to post by sty

If that's supposed to be a planet, it sure has a lot of dents, cracks, and uneven features to it.

I am putting myself on line here, but I like to be proven wrong once in a while. It's so boring to be right all the time, you know.

What you can see on those (and some other photos in another thread) is not a planet, or brown dwarf, or any of that stuff. It's something much simpler, and at the same time, much, much more interesting - a planetoid-sized space station.

Nope, not ours.

Whose then?

I'll be damned if I wouldn't like to know that myself!

So, if you've got any info, please call the following phone number... beeep, beeep, beeep... (sorry, can't give such personal details)

In the meanwhile (while we're waiting for the proof of me being wrong), let's amuze ourselves with some popular theories...

So, the elite is going underground because someone had told them of the coming events. And, since there's no space for everyone underground, they'll be leaving 90% of world's population behind.

"Who cares about those stupid, filthy, little peasants anyway!? We, The Elite are the best humanity has to offer! We can't die!"

[imagine a lunatic voice-over to get the full impact of these statements... or, hey why not, take a look at some of Hitler speeches (no intent to insult, it's just that theatricals were so awesome)...]

Right, you guys "in the know"?

Wrong.

If 90% of humanity dies (and I've told this someone "in the know", so they do know it), the rest of the 10% will be wiped out clean. And I mean cleeeaaan. Cleaner than in the commercials of cleaning detergents. No question about it. No, sir, none whatsoever.

So, people, no need to be scared. The Elite will have to be very careful not to leave 90% behind. Those 90% will be what will keep them alive.

But, probabilities, probabilities... There is nothing certain in this world, so you never know what someone will do, and what will happen in the end.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by flashback
I'm not usually one to respond to this kind of thread, but i have a simple commonsense postulation: if they were conducting some sort of evacuation, why would they draw attention by flying passenger planes in formation?

They could just leave one-at-a-time every 5 minutes and seem like business as usual. Hmmm...

Excellent observation!!a star to you Flash!

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by sty
from the date of 19th of January NASA is reducing the resolution of the STEREO sattelite in such a way that nothing can be distinguished , however the old archive is constantly showing this anomaly since 2006 .

Yes, the anomaly is there, but i analyzed it a while ago and it's constantly in the exact same spot, either over the span of a day or even over the span of more than four months.

It doesn't move even for a single pixel. The only thing, that changes, is the brightness of this group of pixels, and it's always related to the solar flare behind it.

The only time it appeared to move, was when the image was rotated slightly. After the angle was corrected, the anomaly matched up with the exact same group of pixels, that is always depicting it.

If it was a real object, it would have to move by itself, and also because of the earth moving around the sun.
The only explanation for it to stay in the same exact spot, the whole time, and always be depicted by the same group of pixels is a CCD pixel malfunction. They seem to be overreacting.
The other possibilities would be a scratch on a lense or on the window of the probe.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, that since the anomaly dissapeared, it would seem, NASA finally managed to recalibrate the CCD..

[edit on 11/2/08 by deezee]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
No I have not dissappeared as has been suggested, I live in the U.K. and I have been sleeping. First of all I agree with a few of the posters here, I have always steered away from end of the world threads, my thoughts on this are that life is too short to " look forward " as it were to the next end of the world date, knowing that when it passed without incident, the next one would follow shortly. It is good to be sceptical, I am for sure, we all have to live life as though it is worth living, otherwise why are we here.

I have not had time to read all of the posts properly yet, or view the videos, but I will do, I have meetings today, on and off, but I will make the time. Perhaps I should not have included as many facts as I did in my first post, perhaps then we would be discussing the issues of the plane traffic and missing people more. I just thought that other people may be experiencing the same as me.

I will give a few extra details, as I have said in other posts, I live in Brighton, U.K. I am semi retired now, but I still do some work, for this I have regular police checks on a 3 year basis and psychological assesments done every year, to make sure that I am fit for it. I will not give too many personal details as I don`t know that it would be wise to.
I will answer any questions that are put to me, and no I am not Dark night as has been suggested. I have no intention of selling up and running for the hills as he appears to have done. I was the nearest to family that my collegue had and he needed someone to deal with his personal belongings and paperwork, with the aid of a solicitor and signed documents, this is what I was asked to do. When his house eventually sells, the solicitor will complete the final parts.

[edit on 11-2-2008 by Qwenn]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qwenn
He also cancelled all of his direct debits and his pension funds etc. It was as if he were dead and I was being asked to be his executor. His bank accounts were cleared and all of his outstanding debts were paid, even though prior to the event he did not have enough funds to do this. Almost the exact amount needed was deposited into his accounts and cleared.

[edit on 10-2-2008 by Qwenn]

[edit on 10-2-2008 by Qwenn]

You seem to have been given extrordinary access to this friend's Private financial records.

You know that his automatic deposits have been canceled.

You know that his pension fund has been closed/cancelled.

You know that all of his debts have been paid (including his mortgage).

You know that, prior to his departure, he did not have the funds necessary to pay off all his debts (This assumes that you had some knowledge of the extent of those debts).

And you claim to know that an amount sufficient to pay off all his debts was not only deposited into his bank account(s), but was cleared for withdrawl against those debts.

With all due respect, My Own Mother doesn't have THAT kind of Access to MY financial accounts!!

Do you indeed have a Letter of Testimentary naming you Executor; or have you been assigned Power of Attorny for this person?

If not, how have you been able to acquire such over-arching access to these records?

If if have either of these documents in hand, you can perhaps solve at least part of this puzzle:

You can have the bank provide a record of just who made the significant deposit to your friend's account enabling him to become a "financial phantom".

Remember, in the US, any financial transaction above a certain limit ($9000, $10,000?) must be reported to the government; so a record of the depositor had to be made,

And kept.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
to the OP : I dont know why nobody asked You that before but do You still have access to the papers in his house ? If yes , could you please scan the papers with that "interesting" information so we could have a quick look at them and see what they are about ?

If you think they are classified , then just edit the personal information out of them and I guess it should be safe to scan

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   

No I have not dissappeared as has been suggested, I live in the U.K. and I have been sleeping.

Same here

Perhaps I should not have included as many facts as I did in my first post, perhaps then we would be discussing the issues of the plane traffic and missing people more.

On the contrary, a few more facts would be appreciated.

I will give a few extra details, as I have said in other posts, I live in Brighton, U.K. I am semi retired now, but I still do some work, for this I have regular police checks on a 3 year basis and psychological assesments done every year, to make sure that I am fit for it. I will not give too many personal details as I don`t know that it would be wise to.

Well, no ones asking for any overtly personal details, but a little bit about your area of expertise and what exactly it is that you have done in the past, or still do, that led to this offer being extended to you would be nice

I will answer any questions that are put to me, and no I am not Dark night as has been suggested.

Cool

I have no intention of selling up and running for the hills as he appears to have done. I was the nearest to family that my collegue had and he needed someone to deal with his personal belongings and paperwork, with the aid of a solicitor and signed documents, this is what I was asked to do. When his house eventually sells, the solicitor will complete the final parts.

I'm interested in what instructions he gave the solicitor? When the house sells where is the money going to?

Sorry if I seem over keen, its just that you've really grabbed my interest with this one and I'd love to hear more about it.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Unfortunatly I have no papers of his left, my part of the agreement was completed a long time ago, the sale of the house is being dealt with by a solicitor. I have not tried to find out how things are going in this, but as far as I know there is no way to contact him. The only reason I asked people about this is that sometimes in life you do not realise the significance of an event when it happens, you only start to put two and two togeather after the events unfold. When I was asked to do the things for him, it did`nt occur to me that the new job he had been offered had anything to do with the proposition made to me earlier. All I knew was that he needed to start his new work asap, as no-one else was there to help do these things, I said ok. He said that it was Hydroponic research and that he needed to leave soon. As I said before, I should not have told the full story as it has become another pain in the but, which I don`t need at the moment. I would not expect to be believed by most, all that I would say is that any of the people I have been in contact with on this forum, know where I am coming from in life, if any of them want to add any coments on me, then I am sure that they will verify that they have only ever found me to be truthful and honest, and relentless in trying to show the truth. I am looking for answers, but questions sometimes also bring answers.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
OK

This...

[
When I was asked to do the things for him, it did`nt occur to me that the new job he had been offered had anything to do with the proposition made to me earlier.

and this

The next time I was offered the option, I was given a 28 day decision which was backed up by no extra imformation, except to say that it was on a need to know basis. I declined, but a fellow collegue of mine did accept the offer and he mailed me to say that he would shortly be leaving to follow up on his new position

From your original post don't seem to add up, because your original post implies most definitely that you did know and the second one is a contradiction of that - so which is it?

Could we have some more detailed answers to the points and questions that have been raised please? None of them were too intrusive.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
OP, if you're telling the truth- It'd seem we're all in for some troubles.
I've never been one for the planet x theory, but, things are starting to seem to piece together.
I don't imagine you'll ever make contact with your friend again, should you be telling the truth- As if he is already in a "Safe house" so to speak, there would obviously be no contact with the outside world.
And as for us?
Those not taken in to government shelters- Who knows. It would seem, based on previous accounts, humans have survived this before, no?
Although, we have the egyptians speaking of the event, and then, we hear of Noah's ark- What was the time difference between these two events?
It sounds like the orbital period for this planet x would be very great.

The reason I bring this up, is because Noah's story is that of a great flood, where as the egyptians kind of had a drought. So...?

But, to the poster making the comment about the "Elite" saving themselves- They aren't just preserving themselves, but our best and brightest, and hopefully the knowledge of our past.
Our world governments can't keep everyone safe. It would be impossible.
It's not about "greed" when something like this happens- It's about the preservation of the species. And to keep a species going, you need the best genetics you can find, and the brightest minds to get us back on track after such an event.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Unfortunatly I have no papers of his left,

Ahh yes, I was wondering what excuse you would use. I was thinking it would be this or the classic, "I don't have access to a scanner"...

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
...another disparity:

He only left a forwarding telephone number, which when I needed to contact it, sounded weird, it was a woman saying that it was an answering service, but asked for a refference number, even though it was a live line, when I could not give a refference number, she asked for my name, address and telephone number, I hung up.

...to this recent post:

I have not tried to find out how things are going in this, but as far as I know there is no way to contact him.

Fine, "as far as you know" about the answering service. So, why not leave a message?

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Neformore.

At the time I was unaware that the two were linked, when you relay a story that you have lived with for a while you tell the facts, without analysing the thought processes which have gone on since then, you try to stick to the facts. As I have said before, I was hoping for answers. As for the telephone call, when you have spoken on a line like this, you will know why I refused to give details, it was not at all comfortable. I am offline for a few hours now as work calls, I am not hiding from questions.

[edit on 11-2-2008 by Qwenn]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Nice catch there Nef, I felt that something was iffy about the 'I know/He knows/Neither of us knows' scene.

It would seem to be slightly odd that two closely related people would be requested to the same place, unless they are taking a certain amount of people from each area, AND in each type of work.

For example if I were in charge and the world would end, I would definitely take all the people from universities and private research institutions that were working on things that would enhance the human condition. I would also then, if I had enough space (and I'd imagine if all the underground stuff is true, then there's plenty of room) take the best of their fields from each AREA, each town and take two of each (two English teachers, two French chefs, etc), unless I needed more of one type, like say cleaners and cooks because there'd be a need for a lot of certain types, and people who feel important (i.e. the scientists) won't have time if the world ends to clean up plates.

But in your case, it sounds less than random, but I can appreciate it could be coincidence - for example, a lot of the people I went to school with ended up being doctors (I myself was going to be but due to illness I had to change subjects), and varied enough that they could in theory be chosen alongside each other. On the other hand, it could be based on where you were born rather than where you are now, so many possibilities for the reasons why two friends were chosen. Also, people who know each other tend to work well together under pressure, so...

Now, I quite often like to look out the window of a day and I'd they'd use a variety of airports, so there is a big chance of seeing SOME of these flights and I've seen none. Did you actually see the planes, or just the trails? Could you have seen chemtrails and thought they were 6 jets rather than one flying with a sprayer (thereby making six seperate 'contrail')?

We do need to have an idea of what you did though - I mean, being vetted every few years, well, you could be a school psychologist for all we know given that you get checked occasionally and you'd need to be fairly normal to listen to other's problems. What we want is something simple, like "I work in computers" or "I researched bovine genetics", something simple, if the PTB want to find you, you're already being watched.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Also, consider giving the number to one of the three amigos or a moderator to check into, that would prove some of your story and they could tell us if the number is indeed suspicious.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Qwenn

I am semi retired now, but I still do some work, for this I have regular police checks on a 3 year basis and psychological assesments done every year, to make sure that I am fit for it.

I'm just curious...

Why would someone who works in horticulture and propogation require this?

Also, I am quite certain, if your story is true, that you would keep those letters and items that your friend "clearly" left for you to find. Certainly you would have kept a hold of some documentation. If you cannot produce any evidence, your story is fatally flawed. Without that, I fear you cannot gain any trust from ATS posters. There have been far too many hoaxers, John Titor wannabes, and outright liars who have attempted to start threads similar to this.

So, I would venture to say that if you are being truthful and want serious, insightful answers, provide real proof of your claim.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Qwenn

A thought just popped into my head here. You know what company this fellow took the offer from, as you were given the same. You know what company this offer was from. Or was this a government offer?

Can you call them and see if they have a company directory listing him as an employee?

Maybe if you tell them you were handling all his affairs they will give you a contact number for him other than the answering service. They might also have a forwarding address.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join