It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where to post? Overlapping topic.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Hi,

Just wondering where I should start a thread on an overlapping topic...

I'd like to make a few points, and invite discussion of, similarities and (more particularly) differences between the methodology and personalities of UFO researchers/believers on the one hand and 9/11 conspiracy researchers/believers on the other.

Since this topic overlaps the "Aliens & UFOs" forum and the "9/11 Conspiracies" forum, and since I'd like input from those that participants in either of those forums, neither of those forums seems ideal.

Should I post in one or other (or both!) of those forums, or is there is a more appropriate place to start such a thread?

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
One idea would be skunk works. Skunk works is also meant to highlight psychological phenomena...which seems to be your topic.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I just tried to post another thread, re: just trying to connect with others who have had a similar experience.
I got a message of it's "been there, done that.
I looked on archives and did not see anything that had my specific thread in mind.

Would you please explain?
I have some ideas in mind that I would like to share with others of my ilk.
Not wild eyed- ready to believe anything types but rational, edumacated (sic) people that want an ANSWER to what has been seen. DENY IGNORANCE Isn't that why we're here.
Sorry if I have double posted, but I'm more than a little tired of the nattering nabobs that want to shut down a reasonable discourse before it even gets going.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
One idea would be skunk works. Skunk works is also meant to highlight psychological phenomena...which seems to be your topic.

Thanks for the suggestion Skyfloating.

I've never posted in the Skunk Works forum and not spent much time in it. I'll have a closer look.

SkepticOverlord has referred to it as a place for "conspiracy theories based on more loosely connected tidbits of information (or even pure speculation) than is typically expected of posts in our main forums". That doesn't really cover the intention of the thread I want to start - which is a serious and critical comparison of ufology and the 9/11 truth movement.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
In that case you can go both with 9/11 or UFOs...and given the choice UFO might be better because its my guess that more UFO-subscribers visit 9/11 Forums than vice-versa.

The simple solution is to post in UFOs, then go over to 9/11 and provide a link to your thread in some of theirs.

[edit on 11-2-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by LAUGHING-CAT

You probably got the "Thread Already Exists" message because you didn't complete the title. Remember to complete the title for your topic, if it still give you the same message, change title slightly. If the problem persists contact a staff member to check into it.

@IsaacKoi - I would suggest Skunk Works as well (It's not a "bad and stinky place!").

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   

The simple solution is to post in UFOs, then go over to 9/11 and provide a link to your thread in some of theirs.

That sounds like a good plan to me. I think I'll do that.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Isaac

[edit on 11-2-2008 by IsaacKoi]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   

The simple solution is to post in UFOs,

Done - Ufology v 9/11 Truth Movement - Differences?

then go over to 9/11 and provide a link to your thread

Also done - Cross-reference: "Ufology v 9/11 Truth Movement - Differences?".

Thanks again for the simple solution.

Kind Regards,

Isaac

new topics

top topics

join