It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number-related precognition?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The title is a little vague, I don't know how to categorize this. I was reading the significance of numbers thread and I remembered something that happens to me sometimes. I'm not sure how to effectively descibe what I mean so I'll give some examples.

I have a CD rack in my room with a bunch of discs that are called disc 1 - 60. From disc 38 onwards there are no labels on the cases anymore, so if I need a disc from that range I'll have to guess where it is. I've found that if I think strongly of the number of the disc I need, and then randomly grab a disc from the rack, 9 out of 10 times I have the correct disc. Sometimes I change direction mid-grab because I reasoned the disc I need is probably a little higher or whatever, and I end up with the wrong one, and it turns out the one I aimed for initially out of impulse was the right disc. All disc cases are the same make and color btw.

Another example: I used to work in a warehouse, packaging orders of wooden boards. I'd get a form with the amount of boards I'd need, and then I had to go grab em out of an aisle. I would usually grab a bunch of boards that I figured was about the amount I'd need, and then add or substract if needed. I started noticing one afternoon I kept grabbing the exact number of boards I needed about 10 times in a row. These were all orders of between 15 and 40 boards. After I became aware of it, it started to go away.

This happens to me occasionally, so I was just wondering if anybody else has experienced something similar?

join