It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exactly how can one post anonymously and fall of the grid net wise??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I really been wondering this lately.
How do you truly fall off the grid is the second question that goes hand in hand with the first(anonymous posting/surf'n)?This is some can of worms I know I know.. I'll be honest I didn't post this just for the points I really have refrained from posting at all the last few months.However I really do need the points!!

So feel free to make this a long detailed post covering all the aspects of how one might go about posting anonymously and how one can protect there id for the future NWO we are plunging into.If we can nail this down.I then may feel comfortable enough to post about other topics that come to mind.

(MODS:I'm aware this topic may have been covered in some way or another within another thread.how ever I'm looking for something fresh and not to mention thorough so mods don't move this unless you absolutely have to for what ever reason.Thanks in advance!)

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Would you not be better looking up hacking, or something. Http tunneling is a way to do the internet through another proxy, or you could just use proxies.

But is they wanted to find out who wrote something thay can, unless you do not use your own computer. If you have something to say, use an internet cafe.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Was hoping for something simple and I certainly don't look up "hacking" topics anymore that will get you friggin flagged as a terrorist these days.And personally I prefer freedom over jail so "hacking" is out of the question for me.

I don't know of any Internet café's around where I live believe it or not.Maybe McDonald's parking lot but I think they made you ID yourself before signing on.

I have a Linux live CD and was thinking this was a great way to have an anonymous OS at least that may be a good start??
(as far as my windows is concerned I'm using my college version so about a few thousand folks in school get the same serial number to install XP.
Not sure if that makes this a good version to have or how anonymous that makes rather?

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Hacking is not the way, jumping onto other peoples bandwidth is..

with the Wi-Fi connections you can actually make a connection to these signals by modifying an old TV satellite dish.
www.engadget.com...

Other ways to hide yourself is never ever use your own name, post a picture of yourself or talk about where you're from and where you are anywhere on the internet.

Don't get credit cards. Ask a friend to order you something and give them the cash if you're buying from the net.

No bank accounts, vehicles, health insurance, passports, or anything that requires your identity to register for the use of.

In the UK, you're almost officially classed as dead if you stay out of the system for 7 years.

You could use a 'passed on' persons ID, but then you assume that identity and are known by it and responsible for everything you do under that ID, so that doesn't really change anything.

Keep moving, do odd jobs for people for cash.. Washing cars or windows is a good one. Buy a tent and camping kit. Stay in camping parks that usually have facilities such as showers, washing machines, swimming pools, TV etc.. at least you'll get clean and have a place to chill out.

Dilemma with camping sites though..In the UK, the cost of staying in one is almost identical to the cost of renting a small room in a shared house.
Go figure...

More and more people and business/legal institutions almost take it for granted you've got a mobile phone or an email address.
I get some great pleasure in telling people like tat that they will just have to write me a letter, when I explain I don't have a mobile or e-mail.
You're made to feel like you've got to have it.. No, you haven't got to have it.. but due to the way things are done these days, it messes up their systems big time. They literally refuse to deal with you because of the time it takes to write and post letters...and to get a reply

Be creative, look at your life and see what you could really start to cut out of it. Begin there and slowly make the transition.
It's not something you can do overnight.. unless all hell breaks loose and you have no choice in the matter.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
When your boss goes to lunch, get on their computer and post away!

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I was thinking of starting a thread about this subject, as recently, several postings have been leaning this way to make sure they can post freely without interference.
Off the grid is a completely different matter, and damned near impossible if you were born in a 1st or 2nd world country.
About the best you can hope for is to build yourself a proxy identity.
But as for network security.
I am no "expert" with degrees, but I am good at it.
And a caveat:
IN NO WAY DOES THIS INFORMATION TO BE CONSTRUED TO BE GIVIN WITH THE INTENTION OF INVITING OR CONDONING ANY ACTIVITY DEEMED ILLEGAL, IMMORAL, OR IN DIRECT VIOLATION OF ANY TERM OF SERVICE.
Firstly, you need a computer and operating system never licenced to you.
Pawn shop, garage sale, etc.
Linux distros are a much better choice of O.S. for secure operations. But if you must use windoze, get a used one.
After an install, or complete system clean and bug scan on a used system, install
xpantispy
and configure it to deny ident over net, usage statistics, and many other M$ hidden transmissions.
Install good firewall, antivirus, and antimalware programs. Suggested:
AVG
Comodo
Spybot S&D (all freeware)
Before connecting to the net, turn off windoze auto update service, and NEVER go to M$ for O.S. updates.
Download and install on a pen or flash drive
Vidalia Bundle and
Portable Firefox.
NEVER connect to your home or work network for stealth communication. Always use a public wifi, or alternately (and better) use your portable browser and vidalia on a public computer.
When you first use Portable firefox, it will check for updates---let it, and make sure you install
noscript
extension for it. Don't install any other plugins for web site functionality, like flash. (or several others that will pop up on many sites.)
You can check your status several places online, but I personally like
GRC.com

Understand please, that this is just a basic primer, and config details can go to many pages on the subject of os, firewall, proxies to avoid, and detailed deeper stealth (I.E. secure virtual machine setups within OS's, tunneling, proxy chaining, block lists and such) can run hundreds of pages.

But for most of what I have seen here, a portable browser and onion router prog run through a public access point should do the trick if you are not overly paranoid.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by firegoggles

What is it, that you have to say, that yu do not want them knowing it is you. Unless your handing out top secret info, i do not know why you would need to deal in such a way.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
reply to post by firegoggles

What is it, that you have to say, that yu do not want them knowing it is you. Unless your handing out top secret info, i do not know why you would need to deal in such a way.

Because, whether you realize it or not, everything on the web runs through NSA surveillance boxes thanks to AT&T and other Tel-Com companies. Several threads about it on ATS.

Edit: Collecting data means they can develop a profile. For what you ask? Who knows what parameters they may decide. Alternative thinkers and dissidents might get rounded up first. Ya just never know.

[edit on 10/2/08 by kosmicjack]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Just testing out GRC.com

here's my results.

Your Internet port 139 does not appear to exist!
Unable to connect with NetBIOS to your computer.

Your system has achieved a perfect "TruStealth" rating. Not a single packet — solicited or otherwise — was received from your system as a result of our security probing tests. Your system ignored and refused to reply to repeated Pings

www.grc.com...

wheeeee...

new topics

top topics

join