It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS - A Suggestion for a new Procedure.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Greetings..

If this post is in the wrong forum will a Mod please move it to one that best suits this post - Thank you.

To the ATS Management, Mods and fellow ATS members.

I have been following two (potentially important) threads that the OP's both claim to be from Area 51 / GL and both claim to have important information to pass on.

The Q and A

Ex Area 51 Employee - Lets try this again

Both of the above threads span many pages and still there is an on going debate to the OP's claim to whether or not they are from Area 51.

Since these type of claims are controversial and difficult to 'prove' online for obvious reasons, would it not be possible to introduce into ATS, a procedure where the OP making such claims should prove they are from or have worked at AREA 51 / Groom Lake etc to ATS management before they make such claims on the forums.

If these ex employees are genuine about their need to release important information, I'm sure they wont mind convincing ATS management before they post their claims. This would then allow ATS members to concentrate on their story and not have to spend time and effort trying to work out if these people actually come from or have worked at these places.

It is possible we may have a genuine whistle blower but unless we can establish their claim to where they are from, their truth will be lost in the many pages of questions that cant always be proved on-line.

Comments welcome

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The problem i see with it is this: Doesnt the whistleblower need to worry about HIS own T&C with the US Gov.? I mean, imho, they shouldnt have to prove that they were/are workers of such facilities and give it to the staff, because the Gov. has the right to get back that information on the basis of national security. Thus, the whistleblower gets found out and is charged with federal laws of the utmost highest.

I think that not giving out info. about yourself outweighs the positives of DO giving info. to ATS about themselves.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jarheadjock

The question then to be asked.. If the whistle blower is afraid of being found out, then why come into the forums claiming to be from a sensitive government establishment and telling their story, knowing they will be asked to prove it and if they cant, their story will not be looked at in any serious light.

What do they want? to be believed or not?

[edit on 10/2/2008 by Freelancer]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
They have a right to be paranoid. How do they know some of the mods, or even the site owners and administrators aren't working in favor of the government?

You never know. If I were a clandestine agency in charge of keeping secrets under wraps, such as aliens/UFOs, conspiracies against the people, etc., I would watch this site like a hawk. Think about it. This is the MOST POPULAR forum on the internet for discussing topics that the government has been trying to keep under wraps. If you are involved in such operations, or know info that you shouldn't, but that you wish for other people to know....what choice do you have?

Where else do you go? Where else would people be as open to this information as they are here on ATS?

It's a Catch 22.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I know from personal experience that you can't just tell anybody on the street, because they will either think you are crazy, or they will outright react with the utmost of hostility.

Why do you think people who have had these sort of life shattering experiences spend so much time on this site?

They feel somewhat free to express themselves here. Maybe it's the veil of lunacy that these fringe topics have that makes us feel safe here.

The fact that many of these topics are in fact NOT lunacy at all, though, makes this site as much of a danger as it is an asset.

"Free speech" has its slings and arrows, unfortunately.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I think this is a good idea in theory. But I simply cannot provide documentation on who I am. I wouldn't put it past the people in gl to have a mole here. I offered a private Q and A to the mods here on this site. They have not replied. They offered for me to go on their radio show, and I at this point, do not want to take that risk. To many unknown factors as I have told the mods privately. I offered for them to put me in a private chat and they can bombard me with questions that I will answer in real time with no time for 'research'. They can then decide if they want to post the chat for all to see and make their own determinations.

Seems like the only fair compromise.

Seems like I'm the only 'OP' actually taking on these challenges.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I'm still waiting for some earth shattering facts we don't already know.

Come on you ex or present employees give us something to chew on. These two persons that are claiming to be associated or have been associated with Area 51 sound very much like politicians...lots of talk with no substance.

I'm tired of Pablum......give us something solid.

Respectfully Yours,
Dizziedame

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Well... no one, I hope they take you up on your offers.

Don't hold your breath, though. I doubt this site as a whole will provide a clear gateway to any verifiable proof.

I'm sure people at the top may be decent people, but this is a business just like any other, and if you are true blue with verifiable credentials and such, and there will be pressures against it, if there hasn't been already.

No one, what do you think it will take in order to get important information out to the people? Don't you think it will take more than a conspiracy forum?

Like... what if you made a video of yourself....VHS, perhaps... with your face blacked out and your voice altered, and had a trusted friend send it anonymously to a bunch of news agencies? or something of that nature...

Have you ever thought about doing something like that?

I doubt you'll be heard properly on this site, either way the cookie crumbles.

You're probably a smart guy. Isn't there any way to throw the watchdogs off your trail?

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by indierockalien

If a whistler blower has important information that they feel so strongly about that they wish to use an open forum such as ATS then they can give themselves the assurance of being heard and taken more seriously. They are not being forced to disclose their story, its their choice, so its only fair to ask they prove something to ATS management about their 'claim'.

I am sure they can prove something about themselves to ATS management which would not involve giving their names or address etc.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I'm just wondering..... if this guy is in deep like he says he is, which I have no reason to believe he is not, if he knows something we don't.... like if it's even possible to be completely anonymous anymore?

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Doing background checks on some people who make certain claims actually happens once in awhile. So its not entirely "new procedure".

All suggestions/ideas are normally posted in this thread. If you still want to, post your suggestion here (or use the complaint/suggestion form):

ATS. BTS, What would you like to see in the Future?

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join