It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldiers sent into Ohio city for urban training told to

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
We should all give praises to this stand up Mayor.
I do want to state I do support our troops and pray for there safety on a personal level.I do however oppose certain aspects of undergoing operations the military is presently involved in.

Further more It is of my opinion this training exercise and ones like it, are mainly designed to train our good men and woman of the military to execute war time urban mission tactics on US the free peoples of this United States of America.And I vehemently oppose this!!!

I also pray for our safety as free peoples Lets send our praises to this Mayor and send this link to ALL your LOCAL MAYORS so they are not afraid in the very near future when the military steps up these types of exercises on us!

Let us be aware of all possibilities the future holds.Do you realize what guts it must have took for this Mayor to make that call!Again send this around with simple praise report for a job well done.you would be surprised the enormous impact doing this will have.

Ohio Mayor to Marines: Training Would 'Frighten People'

An Ohio mayor had a stern order for a company of Marine Corps Reservists: Get out.

The Toledo Blade reports that Toledo Mayor Carty Finkbeiner ordered the Marines out Friday as their buses were arriving for a three-day training mission in the city, where they have periodically trained since 2004
Read the rest of the story click here

[edit on 10-2-2008 by firegoggles]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I live in Toledo.

I have no problem with the Marines training here.

Our Mayor is and idiot. I'd urge you guys to google him and check out some of his past decisions as Mayor...

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Well go figure eheh!
Idiot or not I think its the right decision in this case.Obviously you must disagree.

Tell me why you feel comfortable with Marines training to take you the average citizen and your family into custody and placed into a holding camp against your will!

Perhaps under the pretense of everyone being infected with some infectious disease or perhaps just rounding up people to work for them digging graves who knows?
But these "Urban" exercises are going on in other cities around the U.S. and obviously have become more important training to go as far as to send troops into populated cities!
Ask yourself what has changed in the world in the last say 10 years to provoke such action from the military and what is there mindset exactly toward the cities populace? Who are they training to fight against in these exercise(All these questions should be a no-brainer yet you have no problem with it)

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I also live in Toledo. Our mayor is running his own little NWO right here in our city. This shunning of our Marines is just Carty trying to flex his muscles. Most people have asked for him to step down but we all know that wont happen!

As far as the Marines being in our dieing city, no one knows what their true agenda is. If anybody out there has an idea on this subject please chime in.....

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Nah, nothing NWO related, IMO.

These Marines were not being trained to take citizens, etc.

Let's face it, the days of jungle warfare are almost gone, wars will be and are being fought in cities. Therefore our soldiers need training in cities and urban areas.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Yeah perhaps they can hit wall street and whoop up on some investment bankers for the mortgage fiasco they created....sounds good to me!

[edit on 11-2-2008 by realmatrix]

[edit on 11-2-2008 by realmatrix]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I agree on that. But I must say that the Mayor of our city has not done one productive thing for our citizens since he came back to office. How this chump got re-elected still baffles me to this day! I hope we get a whole lot smarter next election in this city......

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Folks, Puke

The Marines were there to do some Urban training in preps for an upcoming deployment.

This same Mayor had no problem when they came and did this same thing in his city last year.

From what I hear he was surprised at the extent of it, which he would not have been had he gone to any of the number of meetings that his staff had with the Marines over the course of the last few months.

Don't applaud this guy, he is an idiot.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
How long has man been practicing war (and still not learning from it)? You don't have to "take the cities". You "take the countryside" and STARVE the cities into submission without firing a shot. Current estimates indicate 90% dead within 30 days in any American city if you can keep out the food supply.

Doesn't ANYONE running the military know basic military strategy? Thank the Lord (when it comes to internal NWO stuff), they don't.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by COOL HAND

Absolutely!!

I grew up in Toledo and left a few years ago, thankfully I sold my home before the crash.

Now the city is worried they will lose Federal funding because of Finkweeners actions. This guy is an outright idiot and was the same guy that said that deaf people should move out by the Airport in response to noise complaints. I don't think this guy every held a real job. It does not say much for a dieing city like Toledo to keep putting this brainless cheesehead back in office.

The Marines probably chose Toledo because there is a lot of empty warehouse and office space in downtown. If I were Toledo Gov't, I would welcome the Marines with open arms and publicize the event to the local public. Maybe even charge admission and make a little money on it.

For those of you who think the US Military would ever do anything against its' citizens do not understand human nature, the need to know doctrine or the freedoms you currently possess because of the brave, selfless actions of your fathers. You need to go outside once in a while and grill a burger on a sunny day because you have the freedom to do this!

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by firegoggles
We should all give praises to this stand up Mayor.

Isn't this the guy that wanted to move deaf people closer to the airport?

He sounds like an idiot.

[edit on 11-2-2008 by jerico65]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I have a lot of respect for the Marines but if they were training in my neighborhood and asked me for I.D. I would just walk away

Though my brother is a Marine in the Local guard Unit I would still walk away
they have no right on anything but a base when they are training isn't this why we build multi million dollar training centers. Now if they were training on a base and had a shortage of participants I would go and help any way that I could..

Respectfully
GEO

new topics

top topics

join