It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a feeling?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Alright, I haven't posted here before, but I've been here a while, but now I'm getting this out there because I need to know, I'm tired of being told that I'm crazy or I need to relax, because this is a community that KNOWS the truth.

Do any of you feel like you're being watched constantly? Like a no matter what you do it's like 1984? Or is this simply normal to have such paranoia? Mind you that I'm a ptsd patient but I honestly don't think that's a variable in all of this, or is it? God it's too hard to figure out.

As I type this small article I feel like it's just another thing they're watching me do, just waiting for their right moment to strike. Why? I don't know, I'm in my room calibrating everything I can to figure it out, but it might not even be true. I think all of us here at ATS is at risk but it doesn't seem to show? I mean everybody posts like we're the only ones who are reading it, yes? But since my phone and internet have been acting up, I think it'll be no time a black van will be outside my house everyday, or is this simply just me?

Christ guys I don't even know, I'm not the only one right?

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
In a word YES i do think we are being watched,every phone call,text,email,bank statement we take out is being monitered,what for i don't know.
Myself i have to come to live with this because there isn't really alot i can do about it,i can't stop txting or living my life just because i am being watched,i try to stay above the law and not give them reason to suspect me in any way..
Not sure about it being 1984 though,does that year hold any other meaning for you??

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Think of it this way:

A shepherd watches over the sheep day and night to keep them safe and in line. as long as all are grazing contentedly the shepherd will be happy and take no action. Every now and then though one of the sheep starts to act up. He explores places he shouldn't and tries to do things and learn things that could endanger the whole peaceful flock. That sheep is culled from the herd and served up as mutton soup to the powers that be.

If they're watching you it's probably to decide if you should be culled from the herd. You might want to go back to eating grass and acting normal for awhile.

Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
You're not alone and I'm sure you've read several similar posts like yours in the time you've been reading the forum.

In a way, you are not paranoid, just careful. This feeling of being watched is felt by a lot of us as this is exactly what TPB (the powers that be) want us to feel.

The idea that we can't do anything 'wrong', can't go where we like when we like, can't speak as we feel is something they wish to control.

If you take some time to read the threads and search the site, you will undoubtedly find a lot of relevant information that covers all your personal questions.

Standing up and having your say can be difficult for a lot of people. The courage to be free in a site such as this is just the same as a site where you blog all your personal life.

Personally I much prefer to talk about my beliefs, theories, fears, abilities, dreams and everything else in ATS than on a 'data collecting' site such as myspace or facebook. To me, it's sites like that that are more heavily monitored than this place.

Oh, and a big welcome to ATS and hope we get to see some more thoughts from you soon.

Have a good one

[edit on 10-2-2008 by Extralien]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by rhynouk

You try to stay above the law, are you suggesting you're a criminal?

Anyway, if cell phones, emails, bank statements were on monitor by the government - wouldn't people know how the service works and if they find something suspciious in it (for example, an unknown chip inside of a cell phone found by some explorer or technician, and reports it to people, such as youtube or w/e and we'd know about it already and therefore, making the scene ugly) they would talk about it to everyone.

I mean, if you think cell phone is monitoring your calls, or downloads information on your cell phone, can you find an evidence that does that? Can you find something that does that? Can you find anything that supports the idea of monitoring the whole everything?

What do you think? Or maybe is it me? I guess I could be wrong.

[edit on 10-2-2008 by TheoOne]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
On another note, I'm sure if they find you suspicious or if you do something wrong, you'll be on the whole another level of being monitored for a while.

But again, I don't know.

[edit on 10-2-2008 by TheoOne]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sdrawrof

My thoughts on this is, if you don't do anything to stand out of the billions of people here on earth to warrant watching, you have nothing to worry about.

For every person to be watched, that would mean there would have to be another person out there to do the watching.

Think about that for a second. Can you imagine the expense involved to watch every single one of us?

If it's happening, it's only to certain individuals who would be worth the expense and time to be watched!

What have you been up to?

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I do agree with the statement about how for every person to be watched it would take another person to watch them.

But to be quite honestly I somtimes think that all the conspiracies which arise and even the ones featured on this site might actually be red herrings to divert our attention from things which we may not think of or eve find impossible.

So you better watch what you think, the ministry of thought might actually be listening in to what your thinking opposed to watch your typing.... Hope that didnt scare you too much. But paranoia, if used correctly would be (and maybe is) the biggest cover up.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I love you all for replying.

rhynouk: I was referring to George Orwell's book by 1984 not the actual year.

Enthralled Fan: I thought about that too, that there would be a double in the population of Earth to watch every 6 billion of us. But besides discussing conspiracies else where, reading books about conspiracies, Ive done no harm, but those things are considered hazards.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Hello sdrawrof,

Let's put things into perspective. So, you're not a criminal and I'm presuming you don't do important work for the government e.c.t, so why would anyone want to go to the inconvenience and expense of monitoring all of your activities? Extremely unlikely, eh? It sounds like genuine paranoia to me, my friend. A small dose of paranoia is healthy but don't let it consume you.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Ah well, I'm glad that is sorted out anyway. Yes, being involved in cospiracy type activities might draw some negative energy your way. I learned a long time ago to keep my thoughts on those types of subjects to myself unless somebody else brings it up.

My question about what you have been up to was an attempt as a joke on my part. Sorry!

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
We are all being watched.

I know and have known people who work in various tech-type jobs and they have confirmed many rumors and some of my personal suspicions about how we are being monitered.

1. Cell phones. Text messages are retrievable, despite anything your carrier tells you. Calls are even easier to pick up and monitor. You can make a device to pick up transmissions, clone a number, etc with parts from radioshack, so with the budget and tech the govt has, you shouldn't be too suprised if one day you find out there's a sattelite orbiting Earth who's sole purpose is to moniter and track cell phone traffic.
2. Computers and the internet are monitered heavily. There are entire rooms full of govt computers that moniter emails, web pages, searches and key words that flag you and place you on a watch list if you visit, search or type the "wrong" thing. Their size has nothing to do with their power, but the sheep amount of information they have to monitor and process.
3. Telephone land lines have been monitered for many years, though more frequently and vehemently since 9/11. The same tech that is now in place for the internet has been in place with word-recognition tech for telephones for quite a while. Once again, all it takes is the uttering of a "flagged" word and you are automatically monitered.
4. Street cameras. (This is one of my suspicions, but will definately become a reality soon enough, mark my words.) Many, many, street cameras can be freely accesed and watched in real-time online. It is just a matter of time until the govt starts monitering these as well full time and possibly installing their own.
5. You are a number being watched. Anytime you use your credit or debit card to make a purchase, you are being tracked. By marketing groups, by banks, and by the govt. Think of the IRS and the situation of an audit.
The govt can access this information as well. Take a look at the specifics of the RICO laws. There is only so much of your own money you have instant access to, you know! (If in a bank.)

Many of these records are difficult for employees to get, let alone customers of their services depending on what it is, but the govt has access to all of this information through legal, national security (Patriot Act), and technological means, justified, legal or no. Any system in place usually takes a couple "flags" to actually put you on a monitered list depending on what the flags are. Feel free to burn me all you want, asking for facts and proof, but you will get none other than my own reassurances that I have heard these things firsthand from those employed or involved or who have witnessed said practices and feel that divulging said info here may put myself on a list of some kind......of course joining and posting on ATS might do the same, lol.

My advice is to stay off the grid as completely as possible.
How? In the same order:
1. If you must use a cell phone, buy a pre-paid phone that doesn't go through a major carrier.
2. Make a fake ID, but only use it to get a library card, or pay for time at an internet cafe. There you can use the internet for a select period of time without giving away personal info. Same goes with your email addy and account info, all fake.
3. Pay phones. Though those are being phased out slowly.
4. Wear clothing that "blends in" instead of something that makes you stand out in public, unless you're out of a metro aera.
5. Keep a checking account, but only use it to cash your checks, or make withdrawls when money is directly deposited. Invest in gold, the one thing certain to increase in value for years to come. Hide your cash in a safety deposit box, etc.

I hope for your sake you're really not being watched on a personal level, however we're all victims of invasion of privacy now days.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
It's my fiendish plan to lead such a bland, uneventful life that it quickly drives The Watchers insane with boredom until they blow their brains out. They might as well be monitoring a tree growing out on the lawn. At least then they'd get to see a little action with a squirrel climbs up it or something.

Paranoia is egotism. Paranoiacs assume their lives are interesting enough for people to monitor. Yeah, right.

new topics

top topics

join