It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Su-35 BM Testing and Evaluation Thread

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Just figured I'd start this up, as the preliminary tests have been completed, which is going to allow the Su-35 BM to start actual taxi and flight tests.

7 Feb 2008 7 2008: in Moscow branch of OAO "NGOs" Saturn "-" Lytkarinskom machine works "- completed long test products 117 S. The tests were the first to the departure of the Su-35. An experienced engine successfully lengthy tests confirming all claimed characteristics.

Full Article

Okay, so it makes more sense in Russian. More importantly, now that the 117S is operating at expected capacities, the aircraft can start the rest of the trials. First flight's going to be coming up soon, so keep an eye on the news

[edit on 2/10/2008 by Darkpr0]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Doubled post.

[edit on 2/20/2008 by Darkpr0]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Pogosyan said the first prototype Su-35 successfully completed flight tests on February 18, and two more aircraft were being prepared for similar tests at an aircraft manufacturing plant in Russia's Far East.

Source

Flight tests done, hopefully there should be some media out soon, as well as some weapons tests. One problem with the article is that it says the aircraft is using AL-37 engines. This is wrong, as Al-37's were used on the Su-37. The engines used by the current SU-35 BM prototype are Saturn 117S, although later versions will likely use the upgraded AL-41F1A engine.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Maybe I am being a nitpicky bollocks, or (more probably) incorrect...

But the designation is Su-27BM or Su-35 right?

The Su-35BM does not actually exist?

Although it could be the Su-35ABC by next week.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I think this number should be arrenged as Su-35BM if Russian's brain not goes to mass, but sometimes they does. Likely, sometimes, they would like to invent more designations rather than building new aircraft.

[edit on 21-2-2008 by emile]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by kilcoo316
But the designation is Su-27BM or Su-35 right?

My understanding is that Su-35 901 (the first prototype) is known as the Su-35BM because of its internal name of T-10BM. All production aircraft will take on the Su-35 moniker, but this particular aircraft has the initials apprehended to its name.

This is similar to the MiG-29OVT, which was the name of the first prototype MiG-35 line.

I could be wrong though.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
First flight was today! well I mean in the past day lol.

Sukhoi's Su-35-1 single-seat multirole fighter made its first flight from Zhukovsky, near Moscow, on 18 February. Completion of two more aircraft is due later this year.

www.flightglobal.com...

[edit on 25-2-2008 by Canada_EH]

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kilcoo316

Well according to Flight it is called the Su 35 but the in-service model for the RuAF is called the Su-27SM2.

Buggered if I know WIHIH

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
To clear some minds up:

SU-35BM is modernized SU-35.
BM stands for: Big Modernasation.

The BM will be in state trials later this year and construction off more prototypes to test the aircraft are underway.

According to AFM, the RuAF has orderd the SU-35BM in numbers that are unknown.

Iff the state trials are passed, then full rate production will start in 2009 with deliveries in 2010.

I realy hope that the RuAF has orderd a big amount off fighters since this aircraft is the second best fighter aircraft in the skies today!!!

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by James R. Hawkwood
To clear some minds up:

SU-35BM is modernized SU-35.
BM stands for: Big Modernasation.

"Bolshaya Modernizatsiya" ?

[edit on 22-5-2008 by Daedalus3]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus3

Yeah, something like that.

The SU 35BM is an intermediate fighter to ease on the proces off switching from the flankers and migs to the PAK FA.

The BM has all the engines, weapons and avionics off PAK FA stage 1.

Stage 2 PAK FA will be 100% Next gen.

But here:

nl.youtube.com...

A youtube vid about the maidenflight earlier this year.

But i hope for dear mother off god that a plane like a SU-37BM comes around with aaaaaaaaaaalll the sweet goodies from PAK FA stage 2!!!!

Then i would call such a fighter the Ultra Flanker.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

MOSCOW, February 19 (RIA Novosti) - Russia's Sukhoi aircraft maker confirmed on Thursday that the advanced Su-35 Flanker multi-role fighter would enter service with the Russian Air Force in 2011.

"The current progress of the Su-35 testing program confirms the earlier announced timeframe for the deliveries of the aircraft to Russian and foreign customers in 2011," the company said in a statement.

Official confirmation that Russia's gonna buy the Su-35BM. Apparently this thing's on schedule. The question is whether or not following projects are similarly abiding by the timeline (AL-41F1A, AL-41 Core, AESA radars, etc.). Hopefully '09 holds more answers than previous years.

Pr0

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Su-35 fighter makes 100th flight

The Su-35 combat jet successfully completed its 100th test flight on Friday, reports developer Sukhoi. It concludes the testing of the aircraft's flight control system.

Source

That was pretty quick for 100 flights. The aircraft seems to be on the fast track to introduction and use. Good for them

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkpr0
That was pretty quick for 100 flights. The aircraft seems to be on the fast track to introduction and use. Good for them

The fact that they seem to be in a hurry with the testing could surely be due to this? also how will this aircraft really compare to the western equivalents?

Last year, the Kremlin set out plans to increase spending on Russia's armed forces over the next two years. Russia will spend nearly $140bn (£94.5bn) on buying arms up until 2011.

BBC

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by solidshot

Originally posted by Darkpr0

The fact that they seem to be in a hurry with the testing could surely be due to this? also how will this aircraft really compare to the western equivalents?

Last year, the Kremlin set out plans to increase spending on Russia's armed forces over the next two years. Russia will spend nearly $140bn (£94.5bn) on buying arms up until 2011.

BBC

Compares favourably over most Western Aircraft in many ways; inferior in some others. Armed forces vary to such an extent that broad statements like which is better is impossible; you have to really consider the entire force that the aircraft is integrated into. That being said, generally, I'd rather be in a Western aircraft such as the F/A-18F Super Hornet Block II integrated into a modern Western warfighting system than anything else.

[edit on 21/3/2009 by C0bzz]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Hey, look what I found.

Su-35 BM '902' prototype has a much nicer paint job than the '901'.

You can actually see that the radome has been slightly lengthened to admit the Irbis-E. Also note the Superjet 100 prototype in a few backgrounds.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkpr0

nice pictures - it also looks slightly fatter as well to the -27/-30 front end ;

charlie180.files.wordpress.com...

^^ comparison to the -27

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
nice pictures - it also looks slightly fatter as well to the -27/-30 front end ;

That pic's a double-seater. Makes things look kind of out of proportion.

(I do like the double seaters' looks, though... Even more so than the usual Flanker.)

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
www.airwar.ru...

^^ then

i still think its slightly fatter though

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Check this out.

More photos

These are claimed to be pictures of the remnants of the crashed Su-35BM bort '903'. There's 7 pictures in total, and the a/c is completely torched. Cockpit isn't even attached anymore and the paint job is nonexistent, so we get no clues as to how it looked prior to becoming shrapnel, unfortunately. Enjoy.

Pr0

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join