It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese cut off from internet (Old Story 7+ years)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Chinese cut off from internet

news.bbc.co.uk

Damage to an undersea cable has cut millions of Chinese off from the internet, and the problem could take weeks to fix.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.blacklistednews.com

[edit on 2/10/08 by FredT]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The next step has happened. I wonder what kind of response China will have to this.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
what was the 1st Step?

And whom or what is trying to do what exactly, this couldnt be from earthquakes or storm currents?

And what exactly are "theY" trying to do in overall?

[edit on 10-2-2008 by Tranceopticalinclined]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by palehorse23

Notice the date? 9th February 2001

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Behold....the palehorse!...Good post. So is this yet another undersea cable that has been cut? Is this a separate incident from the 5-6 others that have been cut over the past 2 weeks?

What do you think is going on here....mideast....france....india...now china!

Is this corporate sabatoge or something else?

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
four posibilites...

1.the chinese are covering thier own back for all the cable cutting they have and will be doing.
2.this is retaliation for all the cable cutting theyve been doing.
3.it never was them as indeed most likely the usa.
4.pure chance pffff.

if the usa is using sabotage of public infrostructure as a tactical military method then it is a big mistake,it will only further turn hearts and minds against them!.

oh that gave me thought... 5.somones trying to frame america.

also the chinese authorities hate the internet even more than anyone else,this could be a grand plan to sever it and blame someone else.

or the olympics are up and coming,imagine if thier internet was sabotages in and around it.....chaos!!

hhmmmm 6. perhaps this is retaliation for that "spy sattelite" i believe the chinese shot down!?

2001"!???,oh well so much for my speculation!,twas fun none the less!

[edit on 10-2-2008 by welivefortheson]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Thanks britguy...I failed to notice that.....

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by realmatrix

Almost caught me out earlier in the day too as I was about to post it

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Friday, 9 February, 2001, 16:14 GMT
Chinese cut off from internet

news.bbc.co.uk...

You are correct.

This story appears to be seven years old.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Yeah I noticed that date discrepancy too britguy. It's the exact same article but published on the BBC on Feb 9, 2001 and on the other site on Feb 10, 2008...just a tad bit late there BlackListedNews

Michelle

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by realmatrix
Behold....the palehorse!...Good post. So is this yet another undersea cable that has been cut? Is this a separate incident from the 5-6 others that have been cut over the past 2 weeks?

What do you think is going on here....mideast....france....india...now china!

Is this corporate sabatoge or something else?

Not so fast!!!!

, this happened 7 years go, not yesterday.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
MODS please close this thread. It was based on false information to begin with. Notice the date of the article is 2001.

I know this was a normal mistake by Pale Horse, but it should be closed and removed before the "OMG They are cutting our cables" mantra starts again.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Man there are some strange things going on these days.

The only reason a person could think they are doing this, is they want to monitor these lines, or force them to go through other lines. Here we go with the usa being the world police again.

This is the only reason these things must be happening.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
OK so now we have China and the coast of Iran cut off from internet? Where is this leading? Is it possible that the countries that are standing against us are not willing to be subject to the Dark4kn1ght scenario? Lets watch and see if this continues to affect our other enemies. Will Russia claim to be next? Are there satellite systems being implemented to affect people world wide and cause mass delusions on a pandemic scale? Did the lights seen recently in the Texas skies signal the start of a project Blue Book type plan? I do not like this, no not one little bit, I do not like this it seems like a trick. ( Gotta keep our sense of humor)

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Oh damn.....Sorry guys. thought it was a misprint. Maybe this thread can get closed. Yeah, i haven't seen any other stories as I have been searching. Well, maybe we just have to watch to see if it happens again.

Sorry all............my bad. Everyone makes mistakes. I wonder why they posted it now. Might have to shoot an email to them.

top topics

join