It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Freemasonry is not a secret society, then answer me why?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitzgibbon

Give it a rest. You dont want to have to be going to those boring pro-masonic forums out there

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Frack! What a bunch of boldercarb!
Those stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf-herders!
Who do they think they are!?! Shazbot!
Great Gobs of Bantha Poodoo!

Okay, What are we fussin' bout ?

I don't think Masons are in any danger of being roped and corraled into submission any time soon. I mean, afterall, you believe in God and free will, do you not?

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Dad was a mason. He always use to say to me: "Don't do as I do, do as I say." That really use to bug me. (i should just copy and paste this as a frequently used reply). I figure the way he saw it was, that if i was going to be a christian, that I'd better be the best christian I could be and not follow his example of not being a christian at all (till much later in his life, anyway). What I found really weird about that is, it was if, even after I had become an adult, he felt it was his job in life to play my conscience. Nooooooooobody has the right to be anyone else's conscience. Ya know? Now I realize dads do tend to do that, but this was an entirely different thing.

For example, two satanists are having a conversation (true story) and satanist #1 is explaining how he disagrees with the behavior of christians. Then he proceeds to talk about other crap that doesn't even remotely resemble his desire to see people be good to each other. So really, his desire wasn't to see people be good to each other, it was just to fuss at christians, who apparently got on his nerves. Satanist #2 says to Satanist #1, "Wow you sure are a hypocrite! and I love ya for it!"

"Don't do as I do, do as I say."
There's a certain wisdom to it, but you know, it could be very deadly if
applied enmasse.

[edit on 17-2-2008 by undo]

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Erm, posts keep disappearing!

Scary. Anybody here? (echo, echo, echo)

I always wondered why, if they didn't have anything to hide, didn't they let the ladies attend the same meetings. I was told it was because the guys needed some time away from the ladies. I thought that was strange cause like, they work all day, to begin with. Are the ladies that repugnant? Ya know, logic and all ( regardless of how right-brained I am, I do have a special area of what's left of my atrophied left brain, solely dedicated to logic)

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Get this thread back on topic now.

We're not discussing ATS and who is banned and who's posts removed etc.

Now on TOpic.

Thank You.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
*pretends like she's a non-person and waddles out of the thread*

Wow, weird place. To quote Joshua in Wargames

"How about a nice game of chess?"

Mod Note: One Line / Off Topic Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 17-2-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

*comes up from behind and taps on shoulder*
I'm still here.

At any rate, women can't join.
They can't attend open lodge.
It's just how it is with fraternities.
I doubt you'd want me lurking around your sorority meetings.
Would you?
Don't get me wrong, I'm really very polite and quite handsome.
But all that aside, some things are for girls, and some for boys.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
If Freemasonry isn't a secret society, then why haven't I heard of it?

HA!!

Logic is a bitch isn't it?

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by wu kung
reply to post by undo

I doubt you'd want me lurking around your sorority meetings.
Would you?
Don't get me wrong, I'm really very polite and quite handsome.
But all that aside, some things are for girls, and some for boys.

Why would I care if you were around meetings where there were ladies? Doesn't bother me one bit. Never has. In fact, I've never belonged to a single female org that didn't also have men around. Hubbys, dads, brothers, that kinda thing. Weird question.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

Your non-linear, quantum flux capacitor future diquadratic qualitative mathematical geniousity is astounding.

What the heck did you say?

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
alright. Anyone else want to get on topic?

This is the final warning.

You know the topic, stick with it.

Warnings and Post Bans to follow.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Yeah, but I'm sure that there's plenty of girl (or women, wymyn, womyn, etc) only groups that are so exclusive, that most of us have never heard of them.
Oh, it kind of makes them a secret society, now doesn't it.
That's actually pretty cool.
Any one know anything about this stuff?
The only thing I can think of is one short chapter in Chuck Palanhiuk's Haunted.
But I'm pretty sure that's not what we're talking about is it?
Hmmmm....

Now, what was I talking about?

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

And women in Masonry would not bother me one bit either.. actually, if it ever came to it, I would support a multi gender organization, just for the simple fact that in these times it may be able to perpetuate MORE good. OF course half of that is my fear that in the next coming decades, Masonry will see its decline excellerate.

However, currently it is a fraternity, and as a fraternity with tradition it must be men only.

Hey Fitz. Tough day huh? Every thing you write just.... disapears. Whats up with that?

We Masons.. we are used to injustice, ridicule, and lowly impertinent slightings. Which is why ATS's actions are no surprise to me. Why disrupt the tradition?

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Nothing wrong with tradition or fraternity. Just something that makes you go "hmmmm."

Of course, the natural inclination is to assume all people of a specific group are a stereotype. That also really bugs me. Stereotypes sucketh raw tomatoes. Think maybe they'll teach that where you learn masonic things? Or do they teach that? I'm fairly certain they do? May I lodge a formal complaint for examples of masons who are constantly criticizing those of specific religious beliefs? Or is that okay to do? And do you not think that if this becomes a standard amongst those who call themselves masons, that people of the faiths being criticized will begin to wonder why and think it's a conspiracy of some sort?

Lemme give you an example and no more DON'T DO AS I DO, DO AS I SAY, crap cause that stuff is not going to fly in an adult discussion on the topic (et.al, don't assume I am an idiot or that i have endless patience)

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
Erm, posts keep disappearing!

Tell me about it!

I always wondered why, if they didn't have anything to hide, didn't they let the ladies attend the same meetings. I was told it was because the guys needed some time away from the ladies. I thought that was strange cause like, they work all day, to begin with. Are the ladies that repugnant? Ya know, logic and all ( regardless of how right-brained I am, I do have a special area of what's left of my atrophied left brain, solely dedicated to logic)

It's my understanding that the ladies are encouraged to attend non-closed meetings of the fraternity, and - in fact - non-Masons are invited to many events as well (the Constitutional Observance is one I know of for sure).

The reason that women aren't (generally) allowed to join the fraternity, it's pretty much because it's a fraternity. Women tend to be able to join sororities, where men aren't allowed to join.

Your pal,
Meat.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
So with the combined influence and power of your fraternity, do you think it is possible to actually go back through the history books and fix the stupid things? They are such an unsightly mess. If you're all for truth, it won't hurt a bit to admit Naqada and Abydos were started by mesopotamians. And I swear, you won't feel a thing if you fix that entry about Seti I building the Osirieon, because the thing predated him in every conceivable way. There's no way he built it.

And the title of this thread is weird. Needs to be changed to like...
If Freemasonry is not trying to hide something, then answer me why?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join