It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3-D television a 'reality within 5 years'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   

3-D television a 'reality within 5 years'

www.telegraph.co.uk

Now a new material that will allows an updateable palm sized 3D holographic display is described in Nature by Dr Savas Tay, Prof Nasser Peyghambarian and colleagues at the University of Arizona, Tucson, in work that raises hopes for applications in the home, defence, medicine and industry.

Red ghostly displays produced by the team, which includes members of the Nitto Denko Technical Corporation, Oceanside, California, show a car, brain molecule and skull in three dimensions. Dr Tay says that if all goes well, a prototype holographic TV system could be available in five years.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Pretty cool stuff. I wonder how much those bad boys are going to go for? Technology is really entering a new era.

www.telegraph.co.uk

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
Technology is really entering a new era.
www.telegraph.co.uk

No they are allowing the citizens to have this technology that's probably been around for decades. They only give it to us when they figure out how to control us with it. I'm sure I'll be staying far away from that thing.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Technically speaking this would make my life much easier.

It's difficult to present my scientific concepts/data to other people when they have o idea what I mean.

If I could SHOW them how genes interact and command structures formation... I could show them a real 3D movie of organs forming, depending on genes manipulation, would mean more money for my research projects.

new topics

top topics

join