It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Anonymous' group declares online war on Scientology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   

'Anonymous' group declares online war on Scientology

www.computerworld.com.au

A mysterious anti Church of Scientology group is using YouTube and other social networking sites to gather people for a day of action against the church this Sunday, February 10.
(visit the link for the full news article)

EDIT: news.com.au

[edit on 10-2-2008 by Moegli]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I've only heard of this ten minutes ago, it is interesting to say the least. Especially these videos:

youtube.com - Message to Scientology

youtube.com - Call to Action

youtube.com - Code of Conduct

This news is a bit late (less than 48 hours) but I just had to post it.

www.computerworld.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
So there is a protest today? I didn't expect this would get physical so soon.

Thanks for the update

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
It sounds more like an ugly divorce thing over child custody if you ask em

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
It's a protest alright. The protesters are playing safe apparently, no violence, no overall bad behaviour so the Public will take them seriously.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
They got about 2 million views on the first youtube video titled "Message to Scientology" and about 6 hundred thousand on the one about the protest. Though I'm still not sure whether this means there will be many people at the actual protest. The video said to record as much as possible for legal purposes, spreading the word, etc, so hopefully we will be able to see how it went.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
What gets me though is the 'Anonymous' group's confidence in all of this. Makes me think at least something is going to happen, even if it is small.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I am still not sure about Anonymous though. I like the idea of a mass rising up against a corrupt source, but how did they get so many views the first day of their Youtube video? That is just one example, but I wonder if Scientology or something else has a hand behind this group in order to achieve a certain objective.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Have you ever met any of these scientologist church types..??

Of the few I've met and spoken to, they get real upset and grumpy when you start taling about other religions or aliens or even natural effects.

They had a machine they took out into the streets that tests your stress lelvels but the questions they ask you get quite personal.

Each to their own I suppose, but in a way, it wil be interesting to see where this protest leads.

It could be a ground breaking approach in it's method and message...you never know..might get lucky

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Just found out that these protests were planned to coincide with Lisa McPherson's birthday, who died while in the care of a church.

news.com.au

new topics

top topics

join