It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Satan destroyed forever?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Figuratively, Satan is destroyed forever according to the Bible:

KJV

And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

According to Jesus, we are to turn the other cheek, forgive our enemies:

Matthew 5:44
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

My question is towards Christians. If Satan is bad, how do you reconcile a God who tells you to love what you hate? If Satan is the one who deceives, and the word tells you to love what you despise, why are you at odds with the world and anything for that matter.

You should not have any complaints whatsoever if your own word tells you to love what opposes you.

Any Christians care to elaborate why you feel the need to save and witness if you are told to love what you hate?

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Yes an that shows you God alone is good.. some people only love those who love them or their homeboys or family members, but God teaches perfectin...

Part of loving Ben, is doing what God said which is to convert and spread the gospel and lead people to Jesus, thats our job, and if we didnt we wouldnt be loving anybody...

But, it doesnt mean you cant reprove sin, it just means if someone slaps you in the face and spits in it cursing God in the process, yet that same one you find in the desert one day dying of thirst...

You help him and still love him and give him a drink, help him find shelter.... thats what he means by love your enemies..

But reproving sin, and not letting people walk over you are biblical and we are told to do those things as well.

goodnight..

[edit on C:/120263685434America/ChicagoSun, 10 Feb 2008 03:47:34 -060034/Feb by JesusisTruth]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth
Yes an that shows you God alone is good.. some people only love those who love them or their homeboys or family members, but God teaches perfectin...

How do you reconcile this view, though, with the fact that God sends people to hell for eternity?

How is that forgiving and loving?

That seems like it's completely at odds with the whole "turn the other cheek," and "love thy enemy" stuff. I'm not saying that he'd let sinners completely off the hook, but wouldn't a forgiving and loving God... well.... forgive and love(eventually), sinners?

[edit on 10-2-2008 by Core90]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Because religious books are like a massage parlor... everyone wants a "happy ending".

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ben91069

ben, you are quoting, in your post, from the King James version. If you read that same verse, in context, from the New International Version, you get a different story.

19Then I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to make war against the rider on the horse and his army. 20But the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who had performed the miraculous signs on his behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped his image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur. 21The rest of them were killed with the sword that came out of the mouth of the rider on the horse, and all the birds gorged themselves on their flesh.

Here, it says nothing about Satan. It does not say anything about anyone being tormented forever. The whole thing is pure symbology. The point of the whole story is that, depite corrupting the entire world, the perpetraitors of this crime will be, in the end, done away with. The point of the Book of Relelation is that the people who are suffering for holding their faith, will be vindicated. God will punish those who persecute the true believers. God will pass judgement on the wicked, and will exicute that judgement.
So, there is no inconsistency that can be charged against Christianity, from this.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
God why, for the understanding in this forum is lacking....

Core 90, its because the souls in hell (choose) it. Therefore their hearts are hardened in their sins.. If God gave them the chance to repent they still wouldnt want to serve, they wouldnt want repentance like they didnt on earth...

Its choice, you will see what I mean as God reveales why he does what he does at the judgement seat, its coming soon....

peace..

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
i think the entire premise of god's morality for humans is "do as i say, not as i do"

god doesn't want us flooding the whole earth or permanently destroying our enemies, but it's ok for him.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Core90

How do you reconcile this view, though, with the fact that God sends people to hell for eternity?

How is that forgiving and loving?

That seems like it's completely at odds with the whole "turn the other cheek," and "love thy enemy" stuff. I'm not saying that he'd let sinners completely off the hook, but wouldn't a forgiving and loving God... well.... forgive and love(eventually), sinners?

[edit on 10-2-2008 by Core90]

Here is what always gets me.No matter how good you are,it is not good enough without saving grace.That means that someone like say Ghandi gets to burn for eternity (no matter how righteous his life was) in Hell next to Hitler....or if Hitler said a quick I am sorry save me Jesus before he died, all of his atrocities would be wiped clean, and he would be in heaven next to Mother Theresa.How does ANY of that make sense?

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Hi/

Not sure if this quite fits in with the original post heading, but here.....

On anger....Rid yourselves of all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, evil speaking, and all malice (Eph. 4:31)
Physician, heal yourself (Luke 4:23)
or Why do you look at the speck of dust in your brother's eye, and not notice the beam in your own eye? (Matt. 7:3).
All the above leads to us having hatred and anger built inside.
How do we cure this?
Love your enemies.
Do good to those who hate you,
bless those who curse you,
and pray for those who spitefully use you.
And to him who smites you on the one cheek, offer also the other (Luke 6:27–29).
We are told to ........Judge not, and you shall not be judged.
Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned.
Forgive, and you shall be forgiven (Luke 6:37)
If you forgive men their trespasses,
your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses (Matt. 6:14–15).

To love evil is wrong!
To love all in the name of the Lord is good.
Satan just plainly wishes to do all against God,he wants evil to remain in peoples hearts, and therefore having no reconciliation with God.
When one Sins,one has missed doing good.
One should hate the DEED of sin, and not hate the person.
for now Satan and his demons have been .......loosed for a time (Apoc. 20:7),..to gather in his hellish harvest of those souls who 'received not the love of the truth' (II Thes. 2:10)
And the devil will be cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever (Rev. 20:10).
This has yet to happen, and until all evil is cast away for eternity, all evil is let loose for a time(refer to Apoc. 20:7), and we find ourselves in ''Spiritual Warfare" ?
We wrestle not against flesh and blood,
but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against the spirits of wickedness under the heaven (Eph. 6:12)

Satan is called........
"prince of the power of the air" (Eph. 2:2).

"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour" (I Peter 5:8).
Satan does everything in order to deceive...whatever it takes him.
Scripture tells us that he is a lier from the beginning(man on earth)and uses all kinds of powers in order to deceive, right up to the end.....

I guess the end wont come until all that is written .......

'And the gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.'
Matt. 24, 14
This has yet to happen!

IX
helen

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Masonica...

It makes snse because every goodness is from Gods grace...

wen I was younger I was lazy, I didnt care for alot of peoples fealings, I threw things at my mother, I beat my cats over stupid things..

I had few graces... Now through prayer, I am a complete 360 change.... completely and God grants graces through work and prayer...

Now also I grew up with kids who would go beat people up 7 on 1 for fun in a gang...

This is what someone without graces are...

so Ghandi, his goodness was from graces, but in the end God can distribute them to who he wills and who accepts them,, therefore we dont know how many grace Ghandi rejected...

No if someone very evil converts, their place in heaven will (not) be the same as mother teresa, heaven has different levels of happiness according to someones goodnes..

But that one will have to do (much) penance first to pay for their evil before they can gain entrance into heaven.

peace

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Madness.

" God doesnt want us destroying our enemies, but its ok for him to "

Thats because God reads hearts and we dont...... Heknows who to wipe out for the good of mandkind.... who will grow up wicked ect...

we know nothing...

peace.

top topics

join