It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 2nd Coming of Christ

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Thats why I agree with the matrix theory of reality. It can be said that the past is an illusion designed to trick us, even if there are hints of truth in the past. I cannot prove that anything happened 2000 years ago, or what the apostles thought or were convinced of, but I know myself and I know that I have accepted the truth of Christ within me. Thats all I actually know.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
THIS PLACE FOR IDEAS & THOUGHTS?????????????
Yes an idea. for Christians it's FACT. AS a thought, it's important to help non-believers think about christinanty, THere's nothing new. We live in 2008 After Death"Jesus's DEATH" The only thing new is the amount of people who realize the truth and choose god for he first loved us.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
reply to post by AshleyD

Thats why I agree with the matrix theory of reality. It can be said that the past is an illusion designed to trick us, even if there are hints of truth in the past. I cannot prove that anything happened 2000 years ago, or what the apostles thought or were convinced of, but I know myself and I know that I have accepted the truth of Christ within me. Thats all I actually know.

so is christ an evil machine that humans created but became more powerful than us, repressing and enslaving humanity into a dream-like state for energy, feeding everyone a religion that brain-washes us into believing that we do love him sincerely, wholly, and to death?

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by barmshadow84
THIS PLACE FOR IDEAS & THOUGHTS?????????????
Yes an idea. for Christians it's FACT. AS a thought, it's important to help non-believers think about christinanty, THere's nothing new. We live in 2008 After Death"Jesus's DEATH" The only thing new is the amount of people who realize the truth and choose god for he first loved us.

how is it a fact? it might make sense, but that does not mean it is anything more than a theory. there are loads of theories that make as much sense as christianity, older theories even. what facts do christianity have to offer?

and why does choosing god have to mean choosing christianity?

[edit on 10-2-2008 by banyan]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by banyan
so is christ an evil machine that humans created but became more powerful than us, repressing and enslaving humanity into a dream-like state for energy, feeding everyone a religion that brain-washes us into believing that we do love him sincerely, wholly, and to death?

It is important to clarify that "Christ" is the spirit of God. It is a title. Jesus was a man, who theoretically lived sometime 2000 years ago and is a man in which God lived within for a period of time.

As for your references to Christ being something that humans created, no. Christ is simply the division of the spirit of the Creator. I think what you are referring to is the anti-Christ, which exhibits the dream like state.

In the matrix, the reason people are deceived is they believe in the external.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil
ok now im confused, what is your take on that whole subject ashley

Alright, I'll be more than happy to share my beliefs on the subject but please realize they are just beliefs. If a pretribulation rapture is true, then Christians are going whether we believed in it or not. If we're wrong, then we're still going to be here. Our belief or disbelief in it will not change the fact as to whether or not it will occur. It's one of those things we'll find out eventually so no point in feuding about it.

In Revelation 3:10 Jesus promises to keep us from the tribulation that will come upon the whole earth (the tribulation). The tribulation is also described as "the time of Jacob's trials" in other passages. Not the church's trial. We're gone at this point.

We are told God will not turn his attention back on the Jewish people until the precise "number of the Gentiles comes in." So we know the rapture is not a time specific event but one based on a number of people.

Then Paul comforts a Christian church who thought they had missed the rapture and thought they were now in the tribulation. He tells them not to be worried because the tribulation will not start until the Antichrist comes to power but that will not happen until "the restrainer" is taken out of the way. Christians prior to the tribulation are promised to have the Holy Spirit indwelt inside of us. This is a promise tribulation age Christians do not have. So, when the Holy Spirit goes, we go too. Spirit filled Christians are the restrainer.

But here are some interesting things I was reading today on a prophecy website. It sounds like Satan knows full well there will be a pretribulation rapture and is already planting the seeds of deception to explain where everyone went:

1). There is a New Age book called Project World Evacuation written in 1993 that uses the exact terminology the Bible does when it mentions the rapture. In the Bible, we are told we will be taken "in the twinkling of an eye." This new age book says the "dark forces [true Christians] holding us back from our next evolutionary phase of enlightenment will be taken in the twinkling of an eye in order to cleanse the earth of them."

2). Then there are some Virgin Mary apparitions occurring more frequently as we get closer to the appointed time. Apparently some are receiving encounters with "Mary" and are being told she will appear to all believers and anyone who cannot "bear to look at their sin" will be taken away.

3). Then there is the UFOligst who has been channeling an alien by the name of "Ashtar" (sound familiar? It's a demon in the Bible) and "Lucifer" (another familiar name!) that says their alien race will be returning to purge the earth of the wicked in order to allow the rest of the world to reach the next stage of enlightenment. Who are these people that will be taken away? Again, Christians.

But here are some excellent articles that explain the pretribulation rapture. I only mentioned a few of my favorite Bible passages. There are dozens more. This should give you a good start:

Pretribulation Rapture Passages in the Bible.
Answers to common criticisms about the pretribulation rapture.
Defending the Pretribulation Rapture.
More Pretribulation Rapture Passages in the Bible.
This one talks about the UFO abduction explanation as to where everyone went.

[edit on 2/10/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   

As for your references to Christ being something that humans created, no. Christ is simply the division of the spirit of the Creator. I think what you are referring to is the anti-Christ, which exhibits the dream like state.

In the matrix, the reason people are deceived is they believe in the external.

actually, their minds were deceived. the external cannot exist without the internal processing everything. the external was not the matrix. the internal was. that is why we can relate to it, because we experience a similar phenomena through dreaming, a capacity of the mind.

and yes, i agree, jesus was a man. probably not the Caucasian fellow popularly depicted, but yes. and last time i checked, jesus was jesus christ. in the context of the bible, whenever christ was just used, it was in reference to jesus, the human, depicted as a human/god hybrid.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Many argue christinanty is theroy, however christians believe it's fact.
" 7th.day advent's,baptist,lds,rlds,methodis,ect.
As the catholics do when they pray "The Father, Son, & Holy Spirit"
God,Jesus,THe Spirit are the same. God couldn't revel him-self to us however he needed to pave the way for forgivness so HE SENT HIS BEGOTTEN SON TO US that through JESUS we "mankind" could make it to heaven. Question: Can so many Millions be wrong?
I like to make people think???
As a christian on this site & other christians I believe it's our duty to help non-believers find THE GOOD NEWS "GOD LOVE US & WANTS US".
As far as the what & when & where who other than god knows for sure. We can only be ready for when it happens.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by banyan

I admit, I am not a Matrix movie fanatic, to have followed what it said, but I have the jest of it, and you are correct in that interpretation. The world is not real, it is an illusion of the mind, which is the same as saying you believe what you are seeing. The movie, is just a modern interpretation of the Jesus story, IMO.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by barmshadow84

Many believe it is fact, but many also base beliefs on proof of words or wording of scripture, and what other people tell them. The essence of the story of the Bible can lead people to truth but churches disrupt the truth with other motives, etc.

Any person who reads and interprets the word solely without help would do well, in my opinion versus someone who believes anything they hear from someone else. See the parable in the NT of the man who spread the seed on the rocks.

I personally think the truth of God is solely a matter between you and God, otherwise you could credit your salvation through hearing the word physically with your ears from another. It is faith based and cannot be based on any tangible evidence.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Many argue christinanty is theroy, however christians believe it's fact.
" 7th.day advent's,baptist,lds,rlds,methodis,ect.
As the catholics do when they pray "The Father, Son, & Holy Spirit"
God,Jesus,THe Spirit are the same. God couldn't revel him-self to us however he needed to pave the way for forgivness so HE SENT HIS BEGOTTEN SON TO US that through JESUS we "mankind" could make it to heaven. Question: Can so many Millions be wrong?
I like to make people think???
As a christian on this site & other christians I believe it's our duty to help non-believers find THE GOOD NEWS "GOD LOVE US & WANTS US".
As far as the what & when & where who other than god knows for sure. We can only be ready for when it happens.

oh, i know without a doubt there are millions of people who believe christianity and hold to it as undying fact. i know this. i was one of them for 19 years of my life. what changed my mind was the hypocrisy of the majority of those professed believers and the lack of truth provided.

and yes, i went to church weekly, twice a week for a few years. i went on missions trips and to youth group activities. i went to a christian school for all of my schooling until college.

and after all that, i became a writer. i took liberal art classes at a major university, where all of a sudden, i was no longer in a little jesus bubble for the first time. i saw and read what other humans believed, felt, lived, and died for. i interacted and debated with other scholars of all religions and nationalities in philosophy classes. i read and cried about all the people that died under the christian church for being witches, heretics, or anyone who didn't mesh well with their beliefs.

i know the christian dogma and accompanied lingo. i am aware of christianity, but i think christianity does not want to be aware of me, or want to have anything to do with me. christians only want to convert. is that really loving your neighbor as you love yourself?

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   

i am aware of christianity, but i think christianity does not want to be aware of me, or want to have anything to do with me. christians only want to convert. is that really loving your neighbor as you love yourself?

Perhaps Christianity has been hijacked, no?

Try to define it truthfully and it will make perfect sense.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by banyan

I'am sorry....
Christinanty does want you. to many christians listen to their so-called preachers of the thruth. Hpwever many preachers bend the word for their own interpations. My best friend " a Baptist" preacher reminds us all not to judge others for our own sin is = to others, Sin is Sin. We as humans believe lying isin't as bad as murder. However in gods eyes it's still sin.
It's taken me a long time to understand not to judge but to accept people for who they are. Those who really understand what christianty is all about are few. But in the end god wants us to promote THE GOOD NEWS.
Another preacher friend of mine states the church is nothing more than a hospital for sinners. Were not perfect nor will we be but we can try to lead a better life.
Once saved always saved Once asked for gods help he will not turn away from us. "What a true friend", he'll always be there for YOU.
With that said I say Good Night or Morning I pray all who see this will understand.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Perhaps Christianity has been hijacked, no?
Try to define it truthfully and it will make perfect sense.

hijacked or always intended as a means of control? maybe yes to each. christianity is the only religion that has a saturated hand in a country's economy and politics. just look at all the radio stations, tv programs, music, politicians, book stores that all sell christianity to everyone. christian stores sell jesus erasers and jesus notebooks.

you look at other religions, such as buddhism, hinduism, or shinto, and you see that their belief is connected to their daily life but not made public or external. their religion is their own business, and it's not being broadcasted left and right.

a sure sign of corruption, IMO, is a religion that cannot be separated from the economy.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Given the way our society is, if Jesus ever did return he would be locked up in some mental hospital and given healthy doses of thorazine!

That is, if you subscribe to this fairy tale.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   

reply to post by banyan

I'am sorry....
Christinanty does want you.

no, you must be mistaken for a religion or worldview that accepts humanities' diversity and respects it, not trying to convert or condemn to hell anyone not believing it. christianity DOES judge and condemn. you prove it with your initial post. why would you post that, if you do not wish to sway people to your views? you have not given me any reason at all to believe you.

i suggest that if you do want to convert people over to christianity [which i would not condone], you should be able to defend why you believe what you believe more fully. don't just say that someone should believe this. give reasons based either upon fact, new insight, or at least use rational logic to validate your argument.

[edit on 10-2-2008 by banyan]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   

a sure sign of corruption, IMO, is a religion that cannot be separated from the economy.

And the book of Revelations mentions just that in the mark of the beast as buying and selling. It is the God of Mammon, which is the God who worships wealth of money. I don't discredit you for doubting Christian religion, because religion is man-made, but I sincerely encourage you to interpret all beliefs aside from mainstream teaching to understand that the truth is out there.

Christianity is one way to find it, but not exclusive. It is the path that I found the truth, but I have since dropped the dogmatic beliefs of the fundamental teaching.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   

I don't discredit you for doubting Christian religion, because religion is man-made, but I sincerely encourage you to interpret all beliefs aside from mainstream teaching to understand that the truth is out there.

i never stop researching any and all religions, and i have established my beliefs and have ascribed my own ethics to as far as i have comprehended to date. i think the 'self' has it's own power and spiritualism that should not be neglected. but i am not convinced by any means that all gods and goddesses that have come and gone in every culture on this earth are anything more than creations of humanities own need or psyche.

millions or billions of people have come and gone even before christianity and jesus emerged onto the religious scene. i think they would be shocked to find out they should be in hell right now

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by banyan

Actually it'd be pure speculation. A theory has data to support it.

In my opinion, with the way Christians act these days (spamming message boards with poorly-spelled ravings about the religion are among the least of htheir offenses) I can't blame Jesus for taking his sweet damn time.

"Awwww, daaaad, do I hafta?!"

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   

i think the 'self' has it's own power and spiritualism that should not be neglected. but i am not convinced by any means that all gods and goddesses that have come and gone in every culture on this earth are anything more than creations of humanities own need or psyche.

millions or billions of people have come and gone even before christianity and jesus emerged onto the religious scene. i think they would be shocked to find out they should be in hell right now

And like I have said, maybe with Christianity it has been interpreted wrong. I don't mean to even single out that religion, because it is hypocritical. I only relate to it because I live in a western civilization and happened to have upbringing within that sect. I think all religions can be interpreted to come towards the truth and the time is now.

Religion, needs to come to a universal understanding which accepts all beliefs. Did I mention this is what the last book of the Bible says is evil?

Makes you wonder.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join