It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This has to be one of the spookiest ghost photo's.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I found this shot on youtube quite randomly and it sent a shiver down my spine.

I dont know how to take a still from the video so maybe someone could help me with that.

Video link
(Ed: No need to watch the video as Rhain has kindly added the shot two posts down)

The shot is of a car wreck and there is a very ghostly shape in the foreground (you cant miss it), pause the video at 1.05mins and let me know what you think.

It looks like a nasty accident and I would be quite suprised if the driver walked away.

[edit on 10-2-2008 by xSMOKING_GUNx]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I definatley see the "ghost" but I wonder if it might just have been some sort of light/lense anomaly.

Here's a real bad accident that just happened in my region the other day. Very sad. Two-year old was only survivor.

Original story at:

www.poughkeepsiejournal.com... icle?AID=/20080202/NEWS01/802020329/1006

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Here is the still from the video, taken at 1:05.

Looks creepy.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Looks awfully like the camera strap anomaly effect. This is a pretty common problem with ghost pictures

I provided a link from the hollow hill ghost hunters webpage about camera straps

www.hollowhill.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
If it is legit, it looks like the ghost is running back to the car. Maybe coming to terms, realizing they just died. Or maybe they just forgot something.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Strange pic,it could be a camera strap of some kind then again like someone said it could be a ghost trying to get back to it's body before it's dragged aay somewhere.
I've seen a few accident pics with ghosts in them so maybe there is something to it after all

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
The worst pic IMO, is the one of the monk ghost here's a copy of it:

www.angelsghosts.com...

This one freaked me out as a kid and still does, it seems to give off a certain 'evilness' that makes it a lot more genuine than many others I've seen in the years since. Ughh, still creeps me out to this day.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
If you look closely at that pic I think you'll see it's just the photographer's shadow. The 'face' is a candle on the window ledge, the 'arms' are the decorative columns in the background, and the 'body' is just the guy's shadow.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by xSMOKING_GUNx

Hi there.

I was just wondering if you noticed the image following the one you mention ... 01:13 on the video.

It looks like someone sitting in the front seat looking out of the side window ... maybe it's just me !!!

Woody

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Those coincidences, which the chance of happening is very low may be a way of it trying to display itself ;P Or not..

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

No I had not noticed that image anomaly, thanks for pointing it out.

I have never seen a ghost with my own eyes but I don't ignore the possibility, I would have thought that anywhere with a loss of life scenario would be a possible hotspot for a sighting (not that any person without a professional application would frequent car wrecks).

Rhain, Thank you for the still image.

OzWeatherman, Thank you for the link, quite interesting, I am sure there are many explanations for countless image anomalies that have surfaced over the years.

Regards S_G

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
No prob's ... in fact that second image startled me more than the first.

I have witnessed many ghost's /apparitions ... but none at a 'point of death' senario ... I would agree though there would surely be a greater liklihood of catching a glimpse of the spirit. Especially in such a situation whereby the person involved may not in that instant realize they are dead.

Woody

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
interesting, yes. Creepy, nah. They're just people like you and me.

I'd like to also agree that camera straps ruin a lot of pictures, but if that guy was a professional photographer..or even a police officer trying to document the scene, I think they'd try to avoid those little mistakes.

But again, those straps swing from out of no'where.

Its neat anyway. I'm not ruling it out.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
That picture has appeared on TV and the internet many times, the story behind it was taken by a traffic cop, the woman driver survived and has given an interview on TV,,

I have to go take my daughter somwhere right now, but when i come home i shall find the links, Nobody ever refuted that it is a ghost pic, not even the cop or the driver, my guess it is a spirit who died i the area coming to be nosy

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
If it is legit, it looks like the ghost is running back to the car. Maybe coming to terms, realizing they just died. Or maybe they just forgot something.

Their cell phone.

Ya, creepy.

[edit on 10/2/2008 by Nyorai]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I actually noticed the one where the person/thing was looking out of the side window first. The first time going through, I didn't even see the original "ghost" that we are talking about.

My hypothesis is that there was another car there, perhaps the photographer's. It was running, and the exhaust is what made the smoky, human-like shape.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I wonder how the person who made this video didn't notice anything. It's taking up 40% of the picture.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Doesn't look legit imo, could easily have been edited with photoshop or explained away i.e. camera fault etc

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by The New World Order
Doesn't look legit imo, could easily have been edited with photoshop or explained away i.e. camera fault etc

I agree, it just looks too out of place, possibly imposed onto the image with photoshop?

To be honest, the object looks more like some rising steam, not a ghost.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ejsaunders

Hi there

Actully part of the bottom of this photo is missing I have the complete photo on one of my books on ghost pictures and the bottom of the so called monks robe is covering a couple of steps so it is some it could be a lens flare or as someone else has said the photographers shadow, I dont think that is faked or alted in any way.

From Matt

top topics

<<   2 >>

join