It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Scariest Places" TV Program total *snip*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I recorded a program about a week ago called "World's Scariest Places".
I just watched it, and I got a good laugh! Linda Blair, who starred in "The Exorcist", and the little woman who played the psychic in the movie "Poltergeist" hosted the show. I'll explain why I laughed, and why I would wholeheartedly
advise people to be wary of what you see or hear on TV, radio and the web.
A healthy skepticism is a good thing!

Here's the story: One of the "world's scariest places" was the "Murder House"
in Villisca, Iowa, USA. There actually was a horrible ax murder that took place in the house in 1912. That's a fact.

On the TV show, the woman narrating, speaking in spooky, hushed tones, told of all the bizarre paranormal happenings there. A psychic claimed the evil spirit of the murderer haunted the house. The owner thinks that the
remodeling of the house a few years ago "stirred up the ghosts". I visited a web site after watching the show, and found story after story of all the ghostly phenomena that supposedly happens there.

Here's why I say it's *snip*: The construction company I work for had some projects going in SW Iowa last year, and I spent 4 months in Villisca.
I met 2 women who grew up in the 'Murder House" and lived there for over 20 years. They said they never once heard or saw anything out of the ordinary. They said they knew the people who lived there before they did, and they never witnessed anything spooky either. Furthermore, we talked to some guys who worked on the house. Nothing. No spooks or spirits.

I think the owners are trying to make a buck off the notoriety of the place.
I think a couple writers are trying to sell a book.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9-2-2008 by lw2525]

[edit on 2/10/2008 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by lw2525
I think the owners are trying to make a buck off the notoriety of the place.
I think a couple writers are trying to sell a book.

Well, it worked for the creative minds behind the "Amityville Horror".

Yes, it's definitely an angle to watch out for on paranormal shows.
Even skeptics like the "Ghosthunters" have been taken in by staged events at sites that depend on being haunted to generate tourist dollars.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I watched the show and visited the web site again, and I'm really LMAO. As these people tell it, you will be set upon by evil spirits the minute you enter the place!

From the website:
"If even a fraction of the stories circulating about this place were true, I reasoned when I first heard about the so-called “Villisca Ax Murder House”, then this would have to be one of the most haunted places in America."

and:
"Tours have been cut short by falling lamps, moving objects, banging sounds and a child’s laughter, while psychics who have come here have claimed to communicate with the spirits of the dead."

As I said, I spoke first hand with people who spent years there. NOTHING ever happened. I think some of these self-proclaimed "psychics" are the most full-of-crap people walking the Earth. I do believe in ghosts, hauntings and some other paranormal phenomena, but when these "psychics" enter a place and say they "feel the spirit of a ten-year old girl standing over there", my *snip* detector activates.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2/10/2008 by JacKatMtn]

new topics

join