It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Posted this on ATS, but am posting here for more exposure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I already posted this on ATS, but will copy and paste it over here for more help.

Owning a gun in Pennsylvania

"Howdy.
Does anyone on here know for sure what laws there are surrounding owning a gun in Pa?

I have been to several different web sites, none of them saying the same thing.
One say you have to be 18, another says 21. I am 17 by the way, 18 in July. One of the first things I plan to do once I'm 18 is buy a gun. If the age is 18.

One tells me they don't need to be registered, another says they do. I kind of doubt that they dont need to be registered. I dont really know what to think now.

So, are there any gun owners in Pa on here that can help me?
Thanks in advance. "

So, any ya'll know?

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jtb2008

I don't know about Pennsylvania, but I would think that whomever sells guns (retail) would have to be aware of what the laws are. Have you asked while you have been shopping around?

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

There ain't really a lot of gun retailers in my area. More deer and horses, if ya know what I mean. Most of my shopping around has been spent on Glocks website and S&W's too.
Sometime next month is probably the next time I will be in the area of this retailer. I will definitly do some asking around then.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
A good place to start would be to read the actual laws of your state.

www.gunlaws.com...

6106. Firearms not to be carried without a license.

(a) Offense defined.--Any person who carries a firearm in any vehicle or any person who carries a firearm concealed on or about his person, except in his place of abode or fixed place of business, without a valid and lawfully issued license under this chapter commits a felony of the third degree.

(b) Exceptions.--The provisions of subsection (a) shall not apply to:........read link...
members.aol.com...

6110.1. Possession of firearm by minor.

(a) Firearm.--Except as provided in subsection (b), a person under 18 years of age shall not possess or transport a firearm anywhere in this Commonwealth.

(b) Exception.--Subsection (a) shall not apply to a person under 18 years of age:

1. who is under the supervision of a parent, grandparent, legal guardian or an adult acting with the expressed consent of the minor's custodial parent or legal guardian and the minor is engaged in lawful activity, including safety training, lawful target shooting, engaging in an organized competition involving the use of a firearm or the firearm is unloaded and the minor is transporting it for a lawful purpose; or
2. who is lawfully hunting or trapping in accordance with 34 Pa.C.S. (relating to game).

(c) Responsibility of adult.--Any person who knowingly and intentionally delivers or provides to the minor a firearm in violation of subsection (a) commits a felony of the third degree.

(d) Forfeiture.--Any firearm in the possession of a person under 18 years of age in violation of this section shall be promptly seized by the arresting law enforcement officer and upon conviction or adjudication of delinquency shall be forfeited or, if stolen, returned to the lawful owner.
members.aol.com...

Also see this:
www.psp.state.pa.us...
You must be 21 to carry a concealed weapon, but 18 for a sportsman's firearm permit.

The links I've provided should give you all the information you need.

new topics

top topics

join