It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animal guide/spirit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I have a few questions. First, how do you go about finding out your animal guide, spirit, or totem?

Second, is it possible to have more than one?
What i mean is that I have always loved wolves. About three years ago, I went to a place where they had wolves in a large, enclosed area (poor locked up animals). I started howling (As best as I could), and one of the wolves came padding over to the edge of the enclosure, and started to howl back. Ever since I've heard that sound, I've wanted to hear it again. Then, last year, I went to a zoo, and when I was at the wolf exhibit (Poor animals all locked up), a gorgeous white wolf was laying down, and staring at me. Once our eyes met, neither of us wanted to look away.

I also feel a connection to hawks, in a very similar way as my connection to wolves. The first time a heard a hawk make it's beautiful, mysterious call (I have no clue how to describe it), I've been in love, and freeze every time I hear it. Also time I went to a place where they did hawk banding (Putting the metal bands on their legs), and got to hold a coopers hawk. It was almost the same as the wolf. The hawk didn't struggle, and we stared at each other. I eventually had to let it go, but, since then, I see a hawk once every day, and I love flying in airplanes, simply because I get to be in the air and off land.

I've had similar experiences with other animals (like snakes), but they havn't had the same impression on me as hawks and wolves. Also, maybe my connection to wolves and hawks is trying to point me to another animal, which is truly my guide. I have no clue, and that's why I want to know what you guys think.

[edit on 9-2-2008 by kagutuchi]

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Ever since I have read the Clan of the Cave Bear books, I have been somewhat interested i animal totems.

I'm not totally sure this is a paranormal event in one's life, but more of a spiritual condition.
Anyway, not knowing much, I did a google search
linky
And found this site
www.spiritualnetwork.net...

HTH, and I look forward to more converstion on this fascinating idea.

[edit on 9-2-2008 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Life Long Animal Totems

* When you were a child, what animal did you collect or obsess over that you are still attracted to today?
Cat, Birds of all kinds
* Of all animals if you could have any animal as a pet or companion what would it be?
Wolf
* When going to the zoo, which animal do you spend the most time with or are drawn to?animal totem
Tiger, wolf, butterflies
* If you could be any animal what animal would it be?
Raven
* What animal is in your dreams that you have had since childhood?
Dragon (If that counts. it has always been in my dreams)
* What animal are you afraid of that you have no idea why you are afraid of it?
Spider
* Of all animals what animals are you most attracted to?
Wolf
* When you are out in nature, do you often seem to run into the same animal?
Yes, Hawk
* What animal have you bumped into over and over throughout your life?
Hawk
* What animal have you watched for hours?
Cat
* Does art work or jewelry with a certain animal always attract you?
Fish

You Life Long Animal Totem will be the animal that you answered at least three times out of the eleven questions. The more times the same animal is listed in your answers the more important and stronger it is in your life. The one that appeared most is your current Animal Spirit totem.

Journey Animal Totems

* What animal have you started to see occasionally that you never saw before?
Bat
* What new animal are you attracted to?
Bat
* Are you dreaming of an animal lately?
Saber tooth tiger
* Are you thinking about an animal lately?
Lynx
* In the past two weeks what animals have you seen or dreamt of several times?
Hawk

If you have a Journey Animal Totem you will have answered at least three of the questions with the same animal. Blessings on your new path.

Message Animal Totems

* What animal surprised or startled you today?
* What animal that you don't usually see, have you seen a couple of times today?
* What animal entranced you today?

I didn't go outside yet today.
If you answered the same animal to two question then this animal is your Message Totem with a very important message. Heed it's word quickly for the message is for now and today. If you only answered one question then this is a message you should still consider.
[

Shadow Animal Totems animal totem

* What animal attacks have you been in?
squirrel
* What scary or traumatic animal situations have you been in?
A squirrel charged at me (yes, a squirrel)
* Does seeing a certain animal bring up feelings of fear?
Ticks
* What animal do you run from?
Bees
* What animals do you have reoccurring nightmares about?
Ticks
* Does just watching TV with that animal appearing scare you?
leech

See, a very odd collection, isn't it

(I just remembered, when i was 6, I used to live in a town house in an area surrounded be thick forests, and a squirrel with a hole in it's right ear always came to our house. It ate peanuts out of my hand. We named him Nicker. Strange that, about 5 years later, I was attacked by one. Maybe that's trying to send me a message too...who knows)

join