It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When is Enough Enough?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Renshin

Dude,

I'm on dial-up. Typing/reading is about the only thing this computer is good for. I think there was some kind of video presentation, right?

Then I heard that it wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

Let me know what you thought was important in what you learned about the "revolution."

Thanks!

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Hi. Mr. Philpott:

If you are operating under the assumption that the government is run by people who have your best interests at heart, and that you voted the right people into office, because you trust not only the government, but also the books you've read about how the government works, I'm sorry.

But, as a member here, you find articles daily which dispute your claims. I've learned a considerable amount of how the government works. My political science professor in college told us a lot more than what some antique textbook would teach me.

Ever hear of a phenomenon known as "The Iron Triangle?" When we voted the democrats into office to "change" the course, Pelosi became the Speaker of the House, who in turn, made sure her husband's company, which had been awarded reconstruction contracts in Iraq, continued to profit from the war.

New Mexico, huh? God bless you and the millions of illegals who are pouring into yours and neighboring states. It's OK to leave the borders wide open, though, because we're fighting the terrorists "over there," so we don't even have to consider any really bad people coming over the borders.

If we truely "Support the troops" we'd ensure that every one of them got the care they need and deserve when they returned home with "mental" illnesses, etc. Do you realize that 120 veterans commit suicide every week? CBS reported on it, but I don't think the story ever aired.

Enough ranting for now.

You say vote, right? Maybe I'll try that...

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

It's exciting to hear that you guys are working on new aspects of ATS "behind the scenes" that will benifit the public.

This whole thread was really just a response to what I thought was a disgraceful, and blatantly untrue headline, which was posted by one of the "Super Moderators." So the title of my thread was chosen as a response to that.

But I, along with the majority of the members here, wish you and the rest of the ATS leaders luck and success, and I really look forward to hearing updates.

[edit on 10-2-2008 by cryingindian]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by cryingindian

Though your post was good for a laugh, you still didn't address the issue in my post. Please tell us all the great things YOU have done to change things in this country that gives you the right to say that we are all wasting our time here. Since you have been lurking and doing nothing all this time, what was it that made you decide to open up now and start criticizing the site that has kept your attention for so long?

I'm beginning to think that you are doing nothing but trying to get attention just like other trolls in the past.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by cryingindian
You say vote, right? Maybe I'll try that...

I listed a plethora of other actions you can take to make your voice heard. Don't forget those.

I don't know anything about you polictical science teacher, but a basic understading of the structure of the government can only help you.

If your PS teacher is even partly responsible for your pessimism, read more and listen less.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
If we all stopped "consuming" for one day we could gauge the effect and see how long it would take to kill the monster and then re-boot the computers when the evil entities would be gone.

Seriously though. We feed this beast by everything we use, buy and sell. A re-boot would be the least of needed actions. Too many sheep-gears out there maintaining the machine. Removing the evil now would kill the patient.

PS: Is the OP a deranger agent. Need glue for that crack?

ZG

[edit on 2/11/2008 by ZeroGhost]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I think a lot of people do not act, because if they did it wouldn't make any difference, if they did they would be putting their life and their familys life at risk.

These people have absolute power, if you think a couple of people walking to D.C is going to change anything than you are a fool.
The only way you will ever get your country back is by force, and for as long as they have the military this won't happen.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Let's do SOMETHING. ANYTHING. To HELP our fellow Americans wake up to the fact that WE OWN THE GOVERNMENT, and NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND.

Lets discuss...

The problem is that most of the folks that read/post here are too paranoid to post their names, much less actually get out from in front of the computer to act.

They are too worried that the "NWO" will notice them (not that they aren't being watched already based solely on their posts here) and secretly send them off to "area 7" at gitmo.

I'm as frustrated with the government as anyone, but I'm a bit humored by a call for action beyond using Google (oh, I forgot, they are scary/evil/NWO as well) on a conspiracy website.

I'm Alan Clegg, and I'm not scared...

Call for action: Anyone want to meet for lunch? Raleigh North Carolina area... Send me an e-mail and I'll coordinate (but do you trust me? hmm?)

(anyone notice that the URL BBcode markup is broken?)

[edit on 2/11/2008 by Knobee]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

Hal:

They've got us where they want us to be. That's really my point. Did you read my response to Springer?

I don't know what your definition of "Troll" is, so if you're trying to hurt my feelings, it's not working.

I've been trying since the middle of last year, to support one of the candidates this cycle for President. So when a site like ATS allows their "Super Moderators" to post headlines with lies such as "_______ ____ Gives Up His Bid for the White House," when he didn't, and that person's candidacy is already fighting a loosing battle against the establishment, I get irritated.

I was "in" during the first "Gulf War." And as a lowly Private, I took an oath to defend and uphold the CONSTITUTION against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

I pose two questions here now:

1) How can we allow the people who run the government, who all take oaths of office which include something similar to the oath I took, to continue to knock blocks one by one out of the foundation of this nation?

2) Can a person with nothing but good ideas and a love for all americans, win a seat in anything? I'm considering running against our current State Representative, but I'm wondering how viable that would be, considering the fact that someone with a PROVEN track record as a Representative can't get any traction against our media chosen candidates in a bid for the White House?

What have you done, HAL?

And Mr. Philpott,

I don't understand your need to "talk down" to anyone. You didn't say anything about the immigration situation in your state. I'd like to see pictures of those shanty towns I've heard so much about. How far from the border do you live?

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Hal:

They've got us where they want us to be. That's really my point. Did you read my response to Springer?

No I didn't see it before my last post, but I don't see how it justifies your follow up comments.

I don't know what your definition of "Troll" is, so if you're trying to hurt my feelings, it's not working.

A "troll" is someone who posts in a manner just to attract attention and get a rise out of people. A similar name is "baiting" where the poster writes offending posts again to attract attention. Your follow up posts after the first fits this pattern.

I've been trying since the middle of last year, to support one of the candidates this cycle for President. So when a site like ATS allows their "Super Moderators" to post headlines with lies such as "_______ ____ Gives Up His Bid for the White House," when he didn't, and that person's candidacy is already fighting a loosing battle against the establishment, I get irritated.

If that is really what your upset about, why not continue to express your feelings there? Why start another thread with an ambiguous title and make condescending remarks?

What have you done, HAL?

You only need to look into my profile to see what I have done here on ATS to bring light to the same issues you seem to care about. For starters, I have posted my views opposing the war in Iraq and the war profiteering that is driving it. I also try to encourage others to vote who feel there vote doesn't count. That is more than someone that has been around for years and has had nothing to say until some thread title ticks them off.

But that is alright. Now that you have found your voice, don't let me keep you from expressing yourself. I do agree with the message in your first post, just not with the delivery.

Edit to add: Maybe there is some other reason that would explain why you have had a membership for a while without posting, but yet sound as though you have been posting for a while. Hmm?

[edit on 2/11/2008 by Hal9000]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

No one answered those direct questions above...

Hal,

Maybe I've been busy with other things besides posting on ATS. Did you even consider that?

2006 was spent building an addition on my house, and much of last year was dedicated to learning to ride a motorcycle. All that on top of working full time and raising three boys, one of which is a special needs child.

Now I'm not sure what condescending remarks I've made, unless perhaps you are the President or someone of high post in the government.

What exactly did you mean by your last paragraph?

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by tombangelta

the problem being at the moment we do continue to live in relative luxury compared to 99% of the world , but for how long.

It doesn't take a genius to see the writing on the wall.

I'm not sure what the writing is that you speak of that would be doom and gloom. I would bet any doom is around a century or more around the corner. The doom and gloom I’m talking about is something pandemic or global warming a few degrees. These are set in our future if we do not do something about it.

What is your writing on the wall? Is it the recession that is cyclical in nature? Is it World War that is quickly becoming obsolete with the interconnections that continues to grow with the superpowers? Is it Bush’s NWO that is soon to change, and with a change in leadership we will see a change with both Iran and Iraq for the good?

One thing to remember, if the US goes down so does much of the world, and so it is in the world's best interest for that not to happen. Also we are not broke as a country for we just passed a 3.1 trillion budget...that is just crazy compared to the rest of the world. When you think about it what country other than the US can dump 1.5 trillion dollars down a Iraqi toilet and take just a short term hit in the value of their currency. The US generates so much money that our deficits can one day be forecasted as 20 years to pay back and a couple of years later we have surplus, just like in the 90s.

No I do not see the writing on the wall...

[edit on 11-2-2008 by Xtrozero]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join