It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cut my hand....had to get three stitches

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
blows....i was trying to cut a piece of vinyl to dress up the back of one of my electric guitars....i had a sharp blade and of course i was not being careful and i popped that dude right into my hand.

had to get a tetanus(sp) shot and three stitches...

no guitar for me for a week at least....it is right on the pad of my hand on the palm and i can't fret....bummeroonie

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Ouch. That sucks.

I cut my hand pretty bad too, a while ago. It sucked.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

See, now, stitches are cool. But when people ask how many you got, its hard to sound cool when you say, "three."

A real manly amount is like, 50 or something. Or tell people they sewed your entire arm back on. Thats real badass.

Sorry about the stiches and all that goes with it, btw. I'm done making jokes with questionable taste.

[edit on 9-2-2008 by jtb2008]

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Well, at least you lived to tell about it.
It's been a long time since I have had any stitches. Look on the bright side. It could have been much worse, My wife has metal stitches (staples) going up her back for about eight inches. This was due to her back operation two weeks ago.

A least you can spend more time looking at your fish or something.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
No guitar? :shk:

I can't use my hand because it's strained, have to give it a rest. That means no guitar for me either... oh well.

[edit on 10/2/2008 by Nyorai]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nyorai
No guitar? :shk:

I can't use my hand because it's strained, have to give it a rest. That means no guitar for me either... oh well.

[edit on 10/2/2008 by Nyorai]

yup. major bummer too. no guitar for a week.
thats ok though. it will force me to write more with guitar pro.
i have a lot of sounds swirling around the ole noodle

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   

I have Power Tab Editor from Ultimate-Guitar. Although I use TabIt more, with either a piano instrument or the harp (sounds better I think). They're both free, although one day I plan on getting some more serious software for music production. That's the plan.

You write tabs? I never learned actual chord names.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
it's not tabs really but it is not standard notation either.

guitar pro will show you the fretboard and you can put in your notes where you want them, construct chords, assign note values, add effects like bends and vibrato...
it's a fantastic program.

let me go to my other computer and i will get you a screen shot and you will see better. give me about 5 minutes

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Ooo ok.

I must say that whenever I have a tune in my head and I don't think I can write it out in time, I just bring up Audacity (although I was using the demo from Acid Pro - nice program) and sing the tune so one day I can go back and write it all out.

I find a good way for making up music is to sing along to a song but with your own tune, or addition to the song, so to speak.

[edit on 13/2/2008 by Nyorai]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
ok...the first one you can see i just constructed one chord, Am
it shows you the notes on the fretboard, tabs it out for you and shows it to you in standard notation...

when i am writing i use the fretboard.

now this is all the notes of the C major scale...

i just picked C major cause it was the first one on the list.....so, if you are writing something and you're not sure, you can pull up the scale and it will show you the notes of the scale in white. that way as you are writing, you stay within C major....

feel me?

this is the dropdown with all the scales listed

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
what i do is fire up guitar pro and then i start to add my notes, each note at a time on the fretboard...same with chords....if i wanted say Am i click all three places on the fretboard to construct my chord, then i go to the next one...maybe it is time for a little solo action..

i bring up my scale(s) and have a look around and listen to what is in my head and start clicking spots on the fretboard, adding notes where i want them...sometimes it don't sound right so i have to go up or down a half step...
then i go back and add effects....maybe i want a bend here, a bend there and a vibrato there....

thats it....

you can assign values like whole note, quarter, half, 16th, etc....

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Hey pretty nice. I'll have to try the demo.

I'm trying to learn new scales and chords anyways.

By the way, I've been stuck on A minor for years now. Only recently started to not play it so much. It's a Radiohead thing I think.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
i think it is the best tool out there for guitarists...it has a metronome built into it. you can export to midi with it.

if you end up buying it let me know...i have 44,000 tabs you can plug into it.....
guaranteed to be some radiohead in there. let me check

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
want to plug in some radiohead and play along?

you can plug these in and play along with it. you can stop and start it where you want. you can speed it up or slow it down......

you should get this program

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   

You... made 44,000 tabs? Or there are that many?

Most of what I have made are just riffs, but there is a handful of good songs in there.

Have you ever recorded a song you made?

Edit: I saw the Radiohead pictures. [Borat]Very nice[/borat]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyorai

no, i have that many archived....look at the post above your last one...
i want to learn say an ac/dc tune....i fo to my archive and find the tab, plug it in and get to it.
zappa. same deal. bob dylan. same deal....etc etc etc

i have recorded a few things but i have crappy gear and all that...only my wife has heard me play

hahaha...got th eborat tags in there...

i like[/borat]
hahahah

[edit on 13-2-2008 by Boondock78]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   

You have crappy gear? I have a headphone and a few free music programs. But, it's a start.

There aren't that many good Radiohead tabs, so I'll definitely check it out and see. I never quite understood why bands don't just give away the official tabs so everyone can know them.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyorai

my gear is not all that hot. recording straight from my amp to the soundcard which is not good.
my guitars are ok but the recording gear is not up to snuff.

dude, i really recco that you get guitar pro....there are ways of course but even if you buy it, it is well worth it....if you get it let me know and i can walk you through how to use it and i will give you the tab archive

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I don't know the details, but I have an electric and two acoustic, both steal string and not half bad. Although I would like to get a classical guitar as well. I just have to get through some other things (big writing project I'm currently working on) and then maybe get more serious with the music, which would include buying equipment and software. I'm dirt poor, so it'll take some time.

top topics

join