It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On the horizon: Cloaking Research From The World Of Nanotech

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by nikolat23

Interesting you should cross post this video, nikola.

I had been discussing this same topic in another thread, as well as in another forum this morning.

The more we find out about the wave functions of the various quantum elements, the more we find that they are highly interchangable and convertable.

Plasma is a big key to this. Too bad Chorlton was banned. I would be interested to hear him explain, once again, that electromagnetism and gravity are not related.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Three Ways To Levitate A Magic Carpet

It sounds like a science fiction joke, but it isn't. What do you get when you turn an invisibility cloak on its side? A mini flying carpet.

So say physicists who believe the same exotic materials used to make cloaking devices could also be used to levitate tiny objects. In a further breakthrough, two other research groups have come a step closer to cracking the mysteries of levitation.

Scientists have levitated objects before, most famously using powerful magnetic fields to levitate a frog. But that technique, using the repulsive force of a giant magnet, requires large amounts of energy. In contrast, the latest theories exploit the natural smaller amounts of energy produced by the quantum fluctuations of empty space.

....snip.....

The device was formed from so-called "metamaterials", exotic materials made from complex arrays of metal units and wires. The metal units are smaller than the wavelength of light and so the materials can be engineered to precisely control how electromagnetic light waves travel around them. "They can transform space, tricking electromagnetic waves into moving along directions they otherwise wouldn't," says Leonhardt.

...snip....

Capasso and his colleagues have also been working on an alternative scheme to harness a repulsive Casimir effect. Their calculations show that a repulsive Casimir force could be set up between a 42.7 micrometre-wide gold-coated polystyrene sphere and a silicon dioxide plate, if the two are immersed in ethanol. "Although the Casimir force between any two substances – the ethanol and gold, the gold and the silicon dioxide, or the silicon dioxide and the ethanol – is positive, the relative strengths of attraction are different, and when you combine the materials, you should see the gold sphere levitate," he says.

I have posted this in my "Search for Dr. Ning Li" antigrav thread....but this is very interesting to say the least.

The use of "metamaterials" is changing the way we do things. It is very promising to see another form of levitation being made possible. It would be even more promising if we could find a way to make this happen in an anti-grav effect.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
I also have some pdf's to share. I need to find a file hosting service so that i can share them with you.

TONS of Space for your PDF collection at Pegasus now BFT... just send them to me and I will upload them We have two terabytes of space and I think I have used about 1.2% so far

My server lets me get 20 megs in email If they are bigger just use Yousendit.com

Also watch for the update on your page on "Electric Universe" I have added the 'Cloaking Tech' section and will work on the Gravity pages tomorrow.. I will be uploading the cloaking pages in about an hour from now...

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

The file has been deleted from sendspace... get it to me and I will post it...

Edit.. Never mind got it from LANL

Updated page ready...
www.thelivingmoon.com...

[edit on 20-4-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I lost some of the .pdf's in a technical issue. I still have a ton.

I will start forwarding them to you this week.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Seems i still haven't gotten to those .pdf's, Zorgon.
Work has been a bear. By the end of August i foresee lots of free time, though.

Anyway, there was an article released yesterday in the MIT journal, "Technology Review" on a new sound cloaking material:

Acoustic Cloaking

The design of the cloaking materials, published in the New Journal of Physics, shows that making an acoustic shield "can be done in a straightforward and simple way," says Steven Cummer, an electrical engineer at Duke University who was involved in the construction of the first light cloak in 2006.

Building on the theoretical work of John Pendry at Imperial College in London, a group at Duke University led by David R. Smith and including Cummer created a shield that makes objects invisible to a particular frequency of microwave light. They used metamaterials, artificially structured composites designed to have properties unmatched by natural materials. For about 10 years, engineers have been designing metamaterials to manipulate light in the hope of creating new display technologies, microscope lenses, and computer chips dense with transistors. The new acoustic-cloak recipe builds on Cummer's recent theoretical work on acoustic materials, and it shows that metamaterials can be used to manipulate sound waves as well as light waves. Cummer, who was not involved in Sánchez-Dehesa's work, says that it should now be possible to fabricate an acoustic cloak.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Looks like we are getting even closer

www.physorg.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   

"Scientists have levitated objects before, most famously using powerful magnetic fields to levitate a frog. But that technique, using the repulsive force of a giant magnet, requires large amounts of energy. In contrast, the latest theories exploit the natural smaller amounts of energy produced by the quantum fluctuations of empty space."

-Whatever you do, don't say Zero Point Energy!!

Check the name tag, your in my world now grandma

Flag!!

EMM

Add: I was reading your Phase propagation papers the other day Zorgon, very interesting, if not slightly technical for my tastes, still feel I got the gist of it though

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
All this talk about nanotechnology 'covering' small objects 'theoretically' making it invisable to the eyes.
OF COURSE IT'S INVISABLE, ITS HIDDEN BY THE THINGS COVERING IT. IE BEHIND SAID OBJECTS.......

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
All this talk about nanotechnology 'covering' small objects 'theoretically' making it invisable to the eyes.
OF COURSE IT'S INVISABLE, ITS HIDDEN BY THE THINGS COVERING IT. IE BEHIND SAID OBJECTS.......

The primary reason that any of this is still theoretical is because it is either still on the drawing board (early design phase, with initial trials complete), or it is in the premanufacturing phase where creating enough of the material is still awaiting the creation of form and process.

There is more than one viable design to induce cloaking. and at least one of these designs has already been put to good use: the Stealth paint.

The world of photonics is very complex and reinventing itself daily. And the government is watching with great interest. Look at the recent approval for expenditures for DARPA to continue research into Superlattice technology.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Metamaterials Hold Promise For Invisibility Cloaks

The Berkeley researchers stacked layers of silver and nonconducting magnesium fluoride and cut nanoscale-sized fishnet patterns into them for the metamaterials. They measured a negative index of refraction at wavelengths as short as 1,500 nanometers, or the near-infrared light range, according to a university announcement.

The researchers also demonstrated a second method of negatively refracting light. They used silver nanowires grown inside porous aluminum oxide to create a structure about one-tenth the thickness of a sheet of paper. The metamaterial refracted red light wavelengths as short as 660 nanometers, according to the researchers.

"The geometry of the vertical nanowires, which were equidistant and parallel to each other, were designed to only respond to the electrical field in light waves," Jie Yao, a student in UC Berkeley's Graduate Program in Applied Science and Technology and co-lead author of the study in Science, explained. "The magnetic field, which oscillates at a perpendicular angle to the electrical field in a light wave, is essentially blind to the upright nanowires, a feature which significantly reduces energy loss."

"What makes both these materials stand out is that they are able to function in a broad spectrum of optical wavelengths with lower energy loss," Zhang said. "We've also opened up a new approach to developing metamaterials by moving away from previous designs that were based upon the physics of resonance. Previous metamaterials in the optical range would need to vibrate at certain frequencies to achieve negative refraction, leading to strong energy absorption. Resonance is not a factor in both the nanowire and fishnet metamaterials."

UCal-Berkeley is approaching the metamaterial issue by using silver and magnesium flouride. This is very novel in that previous research has focused on the plasmonic capability of gold.

Something else that seems interesting to me is the school that this is being done at: UCal - Berkeley. The home of Dr. Robert Baker, one of my favorite names to Google.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith

WHAT IF....

What if... there was a Nano Microsphere that worked 'similar' to fiber optics... in the sense that light enters one end and you bend the fiber to make light come out the other end where ever you want...

What if... instead of traveling along a 'fiber' this light travels through the nanospheres... and by controlling the nanospheres with certain 'frequencies' the light then goes through them in a direction you want...

What if... you covered your craft with such a coating so that the light rays on the way to your eye from behind the craft now travel thru the spheres and continue to your eye... what would you see of the craft?

What if... these spheres could also handle ALL frequencies of EMR not only light?

What if... these spheres were manufactured in space in zero G?

What if... the formula came from 'visitors'?

What if... the patent was issued in 1996?

What if... someone wrote you a letter stating...

Hi, Ron...Good Morning!

Thanks for the note and you certainly touch on points of similiarity and interest (proving that great minds think alike!).

I am free to talk about any of my published US Patents which are in the public domain. I am, however, under an edict from DoD under the NSA to 'report any inquiries relative to the stealth patent'. I had a phone call from a person who identified himself as an 'Undersectetary of Defense' and the person read a statement to me which I later found was excerpted from the National Security Act, as amended. I was 'ordered' to report any inquiries of any kind, by anyone, to DoD relative to that case (patent). I've only had to do that one time in 20 years when a group of Isreali's, based in Philly, contacted me relative to undertaking collaboration on some 'project' in Haifa. I reported this as instructed and the group 'disappeared' shortly thereafter.

What if ... that was followed up by another letter that stated...

And yes, I've worked on/with HAARP. If you want to learn more about that see US Patent #xxxxxxx at url www.freepatentsonline.com... . If you read the patent you'll understand the relevance to HAARP and the Stealth Bombers, etc. You're an intelligent man and I'm certain that you'll be able to make the
connection. If you read US Patent xxxxxx, you'll understand (a little better) my connection to/with and collaboration with these men.

LOL...suffice it to say that the 'Predator' (as in the movie) is alive/living at Los Alamos! If you want to call and pick my brain about anything...please feel free to do so. I'll answer any question you might have so long as I do not violate any secrecy agreements I (may/may not) have made.

What if... the "Chesire Cat" is about to escape from the bag?

Invisibility cloak 'step closer'

Scientists in the US say they are a step closer to developing materials that could render people invisible.

Researchers at the University of California in Berkeley have developed a material that can bend light around 3D objects making them "disappear".

The materials do not occur naturally but have been created on a nano scale, measured in billionths of a metre.

The team says the principles could one day be scaled up to make invisibility cloaks large enough to hide people.

news.bbc.co.uk...

THIS stuff is the private sector offshoot from the REAL stuff...

What if... this post disappears?

No you cannot have the patent number... I 'forgot'

[edit on 11-8-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Invisibility cloak now within sight: scientists (Update 2)

www.physorg.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Warp Drive and Cloaking Devices: Not Just Science Fiction Anymore?

I have a few posts to make originating from others in the Pegasus group. This link, in particular, is outstanding as it relates to prior cloaking tech efforts. I will have to do some further research, but the design of the following image seems to match a "novel manufacturing technique" that is used in a well known cloaking effort in the US. Once i can corroborate this, i will post additional information:

Another scientist and one of the leaders in cloaking research is John Pendry, a theoretical physicist at Imperial College, London. It was he who first worked out how a cloak could be built in theory, and then he helped build the first working cloak. Pendry recently submitted an abstract that discusses what he says is a new type of cloak, one that gives all cloaked objects the appearance of a flat conducting sheet. Pendry says this type of cloak has the advantage in that nothing remarkable is required to create the cloak. Pendry said the device could be "made isotropic. It makes broadband cloaking in the optical frequencies one step closer." This type of cloak seemingly creates a mirage to render an object invisible to the eye. Pendry's own website says information on his new cloak will be available soon.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
And the paper for the above:

Hiding Under the Carpet: a New Strategy for Cloaking

A new type of cloak is discussed: one that gives all cloaked objects the appearance of a flat conducting sheet. It has the advantage that none of the parameters of the cloak is singular and can in fact be made isotropic. It makes broadband cloaking in the optical frequencies one step closer.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Come on guys...you are being shown some information here that, if you read just this page alone, will make much of what we discuss on this forum make sense. Zorgon has all but painted the picture for you here.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
Come on guys...you are being shown some information here that, if you read just this page alone, will make much of what we discuss on this forum make sense. Zorgon has all but painted the picture for you here.

Forget it BFFT we cannot compete with Bigfoot and Chupacabras

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

No kidding.

I guess the Cheshire Cat can just go back into his bag. Nothing to see here, folks. Move along.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by nikolat23

The Mickalac plasma channel has the veritable ropes that lift the ship.
A magnetic displacement effectively moves the ship around.
The "veritable ropes" of Tesla was looked up and veritable was
selected as mean true. So this plasma channel provides true hauling
ability electrically.

The outside of the ship becomes so charged as a Faraday Cage there
is a light obscuring ability at times. Mostly do to electrified molecules
one would suspect.

The true ropes are from electrons entering the craft and look similar
to the North Pole Aurora being bright lines of their path.
Is the Earth being lifted by the North Pole, perhaps Alfven might
have a theory.

The above is my thoughts on the Mickalac observation and some Tesla
reading thrown in. I think way back in 1893, Tesla's lab report
had the movement of air currents by magnet movement.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
tl;dr?

Invisibility cloaking = bending light so that you see whats behind the object

...Am i right?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join