It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exodus from Calif. schools urged

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Exodus from Calif. schools urged

www.religionandspirituality.com

A broad coalition of Christian organizations endorsed the Campaign for Children and Families' call for California families to take their children out of California's public schools. The call comes in reaction to passage of legislation mandating that California public schools teach children that the homosexual lifestyle and other forms of sexual deviancy are normal, Christian Newswire reported Thursday.....The result is that California's schools are now promoting behaviors and lifestyles that are physically and spiritually dangerous for children.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Okay. Let's try again. These organizations claim that California schools are promoting deviant sexual behaviors. Isn't that going a bit overboard? I would tend to not think that it is being promoted but more of being made aware of the alternative lifestyles that kids will be confronted with when growing up. Alternative lifestyles, whether you want to believe so or not, are more and more out into the mainstream society. It is something that people have to deal with. on a daily basis.
Isn't the best solution, in a case like this, to send your kids to a different school from the get go or to teach your children tolerance. I hope when my boy is old enough that he has the strength to make the decisions that are right for him no matter what he may learn outside of our home. Families need to do most of the educating of their children at home as they see fit IMO. Just because a school says something, does not mean that your child is going to run out and do it. As I remember from school, most kids actually went against what they were told by school.
And when you think about it, shouldn't alternative lifestyles be considered "part of the norm" nowadays? Homosexuality, interracial marriage and such are an everyday occurrence. What bothers me the most is the word deviancy. They make it sound like all gay people are criminals and that they do not have the capability to have real love. And I think you would be hard pressed to find a religious person that doesn't like to get freaky once in awhile in the bedroom.
According to the logic behind these groups, we should call for an exodus from ATS as it is an alternative news website.

www.religionandspirituality.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2/9/2008 by palehorse23]

join