It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.music: eye of the sun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
PODcast:

eye of the sun

tribal sci-fi

length: 10:40
file: btsmpod_2805.mp3
size: 10128k
feed: btsm

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Feedback on my 10 minute production welcome.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I dig it, Very tribal I could Meditate to this, Love the crisp drums and the awesome splash.

Great work!

I dunno if I posted this before here, maybe just the link to my myspace, dont be shy.....

Trance Optic's "trancellvania" Podcast

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
well thats a long tune!As mentioned above its very tribal,with some haunting melodies in there that i visualize shamens summoning from the ether elements to comunicate with.

good mix and tones of intruments(virtual/synth/samples).

well done

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Thanks for the comments

Trance: I listen to your stuff ocassionally, while browsing ATS. Good production quality.

Noangels: No samples used, all hand-crafted

[edit on 10-2-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
trouble with synth music is you can never tell if samples are used,i wasnt sure but spread my bet wide with the synth remark.

what equipment did you use?I have an Alesis qs8.1 synth,blimey must be about 9 years old now!
Wish I had time to play her,too busy with six strings to show her love

anyway,great work

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by noangels
trouble with synth music is you can never tell if samples are used,i wasnt sure but spread my bet wide with the synth remark.

what equipment did you use?I have an Alesis qs8.1 synth,blimey must be about 9 years old now!
Wish I had time to play her,too busy with six strings to show her love

Well, its true I use virtual instruments only...for all of my stuff. The emergence of virtual technology and its affordability is what turned me on to producing in the first place. The trick is to not have it sound digital even if its virtual. My music production systems are cubase and ableton.

Once you upload something to BTS-music, let me know.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
My Cubase isnt making me want it anymore then a rootcanal,

i use m audio an it just so happens that a windows update is to blame for my lack of ability to properly configure my latency problems with my m-audio midi controller, So i have horrid delay with cubase an these awesome Vstis that makes live recording imProbable.

I need to maybe try something that is like cubase in alot of ways I use reason an propellerhead said they will never make reason vst able. which made me sad.

I use rewire but with cubase its a joke, due to that latency deal, an Fruity loops rewired to reason well is like a kid providing coverfire for Special ops commandos.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I quit using cubase for similar reasons...it wouldnt run properly in vista. Word is, the company is finally changing that. I use m-audio as an external too. I had to go buy ableton so that I could continue on vista.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I messed around with cubase and logic gold many years ago,cubase was too laggy-logic gold was fine but its views where too cluttered when using plugins and viewing the mix window.
I expect updated versions have imrpoved this,but i am happy using protools to mix in and my Yamaha 4416 to record with

I dont know how to upload on to this format here?have to say I am useless at uploading anything!I have some new stuff with the band I am in so I can post a tune without the singer roxys vocals in it.

www.justinjohnwakely.com/downloads/noangels-wild_card(128).mp3

I think this was recorded just before christmas on an old Akai 12 dsp recorder-about 3 mics on the drums(old drum kit too,very flat sounding!the drummer has got a Roland td12 kit now).Bassist playing through his messa rig and a mic at the speaker cone.Imported into Protools.
Guitars used-lol,have so many,but I know the parker was used on cleans and the strat may have been used on the overdriven ryth and solos.

That link might not open as a target so just copy it into browser and its good.About 2.24 it gets better!

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Thats you on the guitar? Pretty damn good. (I could imagine the classic-rock voice to go along with it.)

At least you know how to play a real instrument...I dont.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Yeah thats my good self on the six string,you can thank your lucky stars that I havnt got any clips of me playing keys!My mates think I play Piano well as I can bluff classical and do some Elton John stuff-but there easily impressed and i prefer strings to keys-and to be honest havnt got the time to devote to getting keyboard chops.

virtual is still music,you still need the brain to create those melodies.I am useless with midi,always have and always will be-but luckly for me I know lots of musicians nearby and farway who help me not need any midi

You also cant have a laugh and a beer with midi in the pubs

I dont think you have to know how to play an instrument to be creative in music.It does help but you and countless others i have heard produce very pro sounding tracks on modest systems!mind you in Rock music you would stand out like a sore thumb.

I did some RnB stuff many years ago,and didnt use any instrments.Just samples.And it sounded like suff in the charts,Must be what a lot of producers do.

How long have you been creating this type of music then?

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The stuff you hear in the charts is so easy to do. Ever since I started producing (which is about one and a half years ago), I dont listen to any more charts music (because I know how its produced and that it only takes 2 hours and no brains to put down an R&B song).

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
yeah.thats too true

Its also a great way to screw session musicians out of money.Nowdays with samples,virtual instruments and a midi program its too easy for the producers to do it all cheaply on their own and just pay the singers to sing!

from early on in the film industry the media owners were not too happy to pay the band up front-who used to go on strike before shows and of course would get paid more to perform before the packed crowds.

When they could strip audio onto film,they realized they only had to pay the band once to perform the sound tracks-screw the musicians again!

so yeahh,chart stuff is like fast food rubbish.good for tv and radio

As for gigging,thats where the bands shine

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
If you happen to have a guitar piece of yours (maybe even a slow one) on MP3, and would like, you could send it to me for playing around with it a bit (unless of course your band owns everything you make).

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
sounds fine,as long as i am not working with another band I am free to do instrumentals(time permitting)

will get back to you.

new topics

top topics

join